N

nosoul

Arcanist
Apr 1, 2023
Anthony Bourdain, Robin Williams, Chris Cornell, Marilyn Monroe

Reactions: Mr. Incapable
CellarBoy

CellarBoy

I hope my dead body traumatizes you all.
Mar 23, 2023
Chris Cornell and Chester Bennington have been weighing on me since they happened.

Reactions: Doormat and Mr. Incapable
Obliviate

Obliviate

Abandon All Hope
Aug 13, 2022
Korean actor and idol moonbin

Because it was so sudden no body ever expect it to happen and he is someone who look as if he's always happy all the time basically sunshine type of guy he also has lots of fans who love him dearly let alone his little sister who also love him her sister even said that she felt sad when his big bro didn't pick up her call and now he will never pick up her call . All of it just to sad to watch

This one hit me hard cuz his case hit me home , I have shit ton of suicidal thoughts and him died while being loved by so many remind me that I have some people that love me dearly that will be very upset if I passed away
I was really shocked by moonbin, didn't know Kpop that well, recently found Astro through Eun woo, but he hid his depression so well. Always smiling and laughing and he had so many friends who loved and cared for him. Shows you how cruel this world can be, even with celebrities. Even when having everything, they feel nothing

• Love
Reactions: Mr. Incapable and l0stc4use
H

Hawkeye101

Apr 20, 2023
Surprised no one has mentioned R. Budd Dwyer, possibly the most famous on-air suicide of all time.

Reactions: Dymphna, hermestrimegistus, Aisley and 2 others
U

Unending

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2022
damn just watched it on archive.org, video of her shooting herself in the head live on air during a news broadcast
I think there was a movie about her life. I watched it back in highschool on netflix and didn't really know what it was about or even that it was based on a true story. Even back then I remember thinking that the way she was portrayed reminded me of myself.

NeverReallyHere

NeverReallyHere

Mar 15, 2021
Keith Flint from The Prodigy. Their music was such a massive part of my life growing up.

Reactions: charging station, Doormat and Mr. Incapable
soolka

soolka

ʚ♡ɞ killing me softly ʚ♡ɞ
Apr 13, 2023
Sulli's suicide first comes to mind. Beautiful person inside out but the online harrassment and bullying got to her.

S

scabs

Jan 23, 2023
The death of Mark Linkous of the band Sparklehorse will always get to me. He shot himself in the chest in the alleyway behind his friends house after receiving a text message. His last words to his friends before going to the alleyway was "it's not looking good".

Reactions: Dymphna and Mr. Incapable
ARW3N

ARW3N

Melancholia
Dec 25, 2019
One of the celebrity suicides which I think about often is Robin Williams. One of his movies even featured a suicide. The media really went into graphic detail how he hanged himself which created a close connection.

Reactions: Lostman1029 and Mr. Incapable
Mr. Incapable

Mr. Incapable

Also inadequate, incompetent, weak & powerless
Jun 21, 2022
sulli and jonghyun. bc they were both very great people and activists who didn't deserve that type of death. sulli's really bothers me more and i'm not sure why, i think of hers way too much :(
I think of Sulli often, too. Occasionally I'll listen to her song On the Moon and wonder how she was feeling during the writing and recording of that song..
Korean actor and idol moonbin

Because it was so sudden no body ever expect it to happen and he is someone who look as if he's always happy all the time basically sunshine type of guy he also has lots of fans who love him dearly let alone his little sister who also love him her sister even said that she felt sad when his big bro didn't pick up her call and now he will never pick up her call . All of it just to sad to watch

This one hit me hard cuz his case hit me home , I have shit ton of suicidal thoughts and him died while being loved by so many remind me that I have some people that love me dearly that will be very upset if I passed away
This also shocked me. I've been trying to distract myself recently from dark thoughts as I just returned from a trip abroad and wanted to throw myself into work and figuring out how I feel. I found myself scrolling on YouTube shorts quite a lot in the last two weeks and Moonbins videos would come up fairly often, then the day after he passed away I saw a video saying RIP. Very unexpected, and obviously very upsetting news.. I hope he's at peace

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: l0stc4use
heartbroken12

heartbroken12

Mar 17, 2023
I don't really dwell on the details of his suicide, but I love Elliott Smith and his music sorely. It's comfort and loss… like the memory of a home you can't come back to.

See you in heaven

Last edited:
Reactions: Dymphna
rcs

rcs

Dec 3, 2022
My boyfriend's ex-girlfriend. She had made concerning posts online and despite having been broken up for years, he reached out to her and messaged her daily to check on her. We hadn't been dating at the time. But I was jealous and wanted him to stop talking to her so much. She was very intelligent, and I know they had interesting and engaging conversations about philosophical things. I felt like I couldn't measure up to her. He said she was doing a lot better anyways, so he didn't message her for a couple of days. She died. I realize now that she was a user on this forum, and I believe she took SN. I never knew her personally. Not only do I feel guilty for her death, but also it would be cruel for me to die the same way, knowing now how effective it is.

Reactions: Aisley
N

NorthernMonkey

Student
Apr 6, 2023
Katelyn Nicole Davis. She was a 12 year old girl who hung herself. I was around her age when it happened so it has really stuck with me since. especially since I was really suicidal then. I followed her story a lot. She had a terrible life, her mom wasn't there and if I remember correctly she had to help take care of her siblings. The house she was living in was awful, messy and some walls were like Broken through. Her story was just really awful, I wish she got better. It will forever stick with me.
Did she call herself itzdolly or similar? I followed the story too, I think it's the same one. I actually watched the last video of her hanging herself. I wish I hadn't, I think of her most evenings around dusk, the time it happened. I can still hear her Mum calling her name, and her phone constantly ringing as she desperately tried to find her. God I wish I never saw that video :(

Reactions: goodbye_._
K

kane9191kosugi

Sep 20, 2023
I don't really care much about kpop or idols (or celebrities for that matter lol), but since suicide for idols are often brought up, what happens if one of the members suddenly commit suicide? Do these groups or agency replace the member and move on lol?

Because that seems SO fucked up, and it's the pinnacle of how toxic idol worshiping and capitalism is lol.

Last edited:
lachrymost

lachrymost

finger on the eject button
Oct 4, 2022
Sylvia Plath is a classic for a reason. Her poem "A Birthday Present", about how she wants death for her birthday, is one of the most relatable things ever to me. I love how even the crusty semen on her bedsheets makes her want to die. Listen to her read it.

Reactions: Dymphna
Old Friend

Old Friend

Sleep well, Airstrip One.
Sep 24, 2023
Wendy O. Williams from the Plasmatics.

F

Falling Slowly

Student
Sep 9, 2023
When this thread about celebrity/non-celebrity suicides was resurrected a few days ago, I was reminded of a non-celebrity suicide that happened 5 years ago. It was a 14 year old girl, who was sexually abused as a kid, and also faced a lot of online bullying. She drowned in a river. But a few weeks before she ctb'd she left a wrote a poem about how she didn't listen to her mother, and let her down. Her mother eventually put it up online months later, to raise awareness about suicide. The poem was shown in some Irish newspapers, and her story just hit me more than any other ctb I'd ever heard of, given her sad story of abuse, etc.

Here's her poem, for anyone who wants to read it:
Screenshot 20231210 002316

Here's a newspaper piece of her mother talking about her daughter:

D

deathwish2

Nov 6, 2023
Is there a suicide case that has specifically stood out for you for any reason? Perhaps because their method is the same or you felt like you could relate to them before they caught the bus?

Two that specifically stand out to me at the moment are Chris Cornell and Choi Jin-sil. Mostly because I recently changed my ligature for hanging and discovered they used the same thing (elastic band / exercise resistance band for anyone curious). Chris was partially suspended from the door, and Choi Jin-sil was (I assume partially) suspended from the shower frame in her bathroom. I think another thing that stood out to me is both of them technically weren't alone or unsupervised. Chris was in the bathroom of his hotel room and had concerned his wife (on the phone) enough for her to warn his bodyguard to immediately gain access to his room to try to stop him from CTB. And Choi Jin-sil did it in her bathroom while her mother and children were home. Toxicology results for Chris were only at therapeutic levels and I believe Choi Jin-sil didn't have any drugs or alcohol in her system.

Despite having some factors that could've intervened or prevented them from CTB, they were still able to and although I don't idolise their suicides, or anyone else's, in anyway other than sheer curiosity, it makes me feel like I should be able to successfully CTB just as long as I can get passed the thoughts and anxieties that come with survival instinct.
Capital Steez. One I think of often