ArteriesBindEveryon

ArteriesBindEveryon

Feb 9, 2023
Many will know about the recent article released by the dynamic duo at the BBC.

They focused their energy on the partner thread and covered descriptions of how they believed the thread had caused harm.

But that wasn't the primary topic of this thread.

Within that article, they created a narrative to claim that a specific member had flown to the UK after 'meeting another member on the partner thread' and then '11 days later, the UK member passed away in their hotel room', and that the user who flew over 'claimed that he was sleeping.'

Screenshot_20240827_195931_Brave.jpg

The journalists claimed that he flew over to the UK to meet his CTB (commit suicide) partner with the sole aim in "assisting" in a woman's suicide: THIS IS A LIE.

Those journalists obviously don't "know" shit. Nice use of inverted commas by the way, and you know full well you are not naming him because he would sue you into oblivion if you tried to.

What's worse is that the journalists have spoken to the member involved, and they know exactly what happened and how the experience left him broken and traumatized but, most importantly, that he was completely innocent of what they were claiming, so why were they trying to insert him into the narrative of predators on the Partner Thread? Could not find enough existing 'predators' to meet your word count?

Firstly, these members did not meet on the partner thread; they were both well-known chat members who became close and developed a romantic relationship through the summer of 2022, and he was trying to support her and help her to recover, as were multiple other users on the site.

They were talking since July, and her first entry on the partner thread was not until August. If he was her intended CTB partner, then why would she be posting on the partner thread when she already knew him?

The female member was living out of hostels while being refused every avenue of NHS help that she was trying to explore, so he flew over to put them both up in a hotel and attempted to support her himself in hopes that she could start a recovery process that way. In addition to this, she was mute so all of their dialogue was available for police to read through because they communicated through their devices.

Ten days into that visit, she snuck back to her hostel and retrieved her SN (self-harm substance) without his knowledge (he was messaging another user in a panic because she left the hotel and was not responding to his messages and he did not know where she'd gone) and CTB while he was sleeping the next morning. He woke upon hearing her collapse, and called 999 while endeavoring to save her.

On top of that, he was investigated because he was in the room, and the only part that the BBC got right was that he was cleared of all wrongdoing.

It's beyond disgusting that these journalists would use such a traumatizing event to attempt to frame him as some sort of predator who flew over to help her die.

The BBC should be ashamed of themselves for using their platform in such a corrupt way just because their journalist was so emotionally invested in forcing his own narrative. The truth of the facts should be enough to argue your point, and your conduct is no better than fixers who are just using you as a mouthpiece now.

You treat members who speak to you this way and then wonder why other users refuse to talk to you. You have already decided what kind of people members on the forum are, and apparently, if they're not crying on camera, then their voices don't matter.

If you really think it's okay to take the experience of a broken, grieving, and traumatized member and selectively quote his testimony given to you in order to misleadingly paint him as a predator, then you can stick your article up your BBC Verify.
The BBC can get away with stuff like this because we're seen as "irrational". I really wish we could spread the truth beyond this forum. Granted, I don't think the article had a super wide-reaching influence, but it'll still show up when people research this forum.

Reactions: sorrowful, Downdraft, Life_and_Death and 1 other person
Dot

Dot

Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021
The BBC can get away with stuff like this because we're seen as "irrational". I really wish we could spread the truth beyond this forum. Granted, I don't think the article had a super wide-reaching influence, but it'll still show up when people research this forum.

= almst lke thy r rportng on a cmmunty of ppl wh/ hve bn victms of abse of powr/authrty & of gs-lightng/removl of thr voics & agncy & r usng thr positn t/ d/ xactly tht t/ thm all ovr agn

Bt yh thy r th/ 'gd-gys'

• Love
Reactions: Higurashi415, Whale_bones, BobSmoked and 3 others
opheliaoveragain

opheliaoveragain

Eating Disordered Junkie
Jun 2, 2024
It's all framing. The Daily Mail once wrote "Laws victims have included teenagers, as well as youngsters in their 20s and 30s".

View attachment 148785

But if you look at the definition of these words, you'll realize they're contradictory.

View attachment 148787
View attachment 148788

A youngster refers to a teenger and can literally not be an adult. So even when they were referring to adults in their 20s and 30s, they tried to downplay and infantilize them as kids. These are the kind of word plays they use to make you look bad. Just tiny little tweaks with words here and there and totally changes the framing. All of a sudden, Law didn't primarily supply adults with SN anymore, now he supplied mostly children. Smart, isn't it?
Wow, holy shit this is such a CRINGE writing tactic and it's not even slick. THEY TRIED.

Reactions: BobSmoked and RainAndSadness
enduringwinter

enduringwinter

flower, water
Jun 20, 2024
My favourite journalist quitted the BBC ages ago when she found out she was getting paid a fraction of her male coworkers' salaries and no one addressed her concerns or even took her side. She was head of a whole column and did incredible work, articles that took over 10 years of extensive work to write. I was shocked to find out how little she was paid. Absolutely rotten company.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: ArteriesBindEveryon, LoiteringClouds, BobSmoked and 2 others
illicit

illicit

bloodsucker
Jun 3, 2024
it's pretty crazy how easy it is for the BBC / any other media outlet to brainwash people.

Reactions: Aloneandinpain, RainAndSadness and opheliaoveragain
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you šŸ•Æļø Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
it's pretty crazy how easy it is for the BBC / any other media outlet to brainwash people.
people in general. (not 100% certain since im not one of those people but) im pretty sure you can find not just the media but individuals as well. youtube channels, cults, blogs. anyone can get anyone to believe anything

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere and Downdraft
M

mellie5

Mar 26, 2023
oh lol yk one can say a lot of things without breaking the laws of slander and staying factually correct.

The same exact story can be told as:

we know of two cases where well-meaning, respectable men, were lured by women and two even flew to the UK from the US to help them, risking their life and limb by flying, although they were non-professionals.

In one case, a very young adult flew from Minnesota, apparently to help a 21-year-old woman in "distress".

A member of each family (a cousin twice-removed or the wife of a cousin count) said yk don't say anything about this, so we are complying.

After spending 11 days in a lavish hotel room, the woman surreptisiously took a poison and died.

The shocked man, who after waking up found the body, immediately called the emergency services.

We would like to stress here that we are not saying the man slept in the same room as her when she took the poison. In fact we apologise for the tautology, as the man would not have realised she died when he was asleep. It is unlikely that people in general, while sleeping, realise what others are doing but we digress.

The man was asked by the police if he could help in ascertaining the cause of death. He did what was possible. The police thanked him for his cooperation and the distraught man returned to the US.

Let the well-intentioned take heed.

---

so yk the room can be called lavish, squalid, simple, "it's my opinion" - adjectives, adverbs, this is what they are here for :-D

And "very young adult" to a 100-year-old is one of those sporty 80-year-olds who can't even remember the Blitz.

• Hugs
Reactions: ashtoreth, BobSmoked, whywere and 1 other person
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
Like I always say, "easy to judge, hard to understand". I, like so many others, have had so many people harshly judge me when they find out that I have mental health issues.

Same with the BBC and in fact ALL MEDIA, as far as to sell and/or get a person's eyeballs on the article so they can go back to the advertisers and charge more money since they have so many folks looking and reading their "journalism".

It will always sadden me in the fact that so much energy, money and the like are expended in the production and delivery of garbage that does no one any good, why not instead use those resources in helping everyone out.

Greed and egotistical aspects of humans are ss negative in the short and long run, as far as someone who puts out a piece, like on the BBC, makes them look so profoundly smart and in touch with humans when in fact it is quite the opposite.

Maybe it is because I am 68 or whatever, but I could care less what anyone thinks of me, and I will be damned if an organization like the BBC or here in the U.S. the media, can put it where the sun does not shine.

This site is NOT about suicide, it is about the person and their right to feel, think, and be themselves without some dumb jerk trying to shove their beliefs and the like on us.

Even if this site would not exist or it was taken down, it would NOT ever lessen suicide and in fact suicide might go up since there would not be a resource for a person to feel like their voice is heard and that they are loved for them being them.

We are family here. no matter where a person is in their life and no one like then BBC or anything of that nature will ever come between us as a global family, never.

Walter

• Love
Reactions: Higurashi415, Whale_bones and LoiteringClouds
M

mellie5

Mar 26, 2023
tsk tsk these young adults with only 68 years on their shoulders writing long texts but that's because they never had coupons and rations.

Before that thing in Sarajevo destroyed Europe we were - ok I admit I am not 120 years old :-)

yk if people judge you negatively bcs of mental problems, you can always be technical and say "everyone had or has mental problems", because even worrying about an exam will have made them suffer from anxiety. And if someone never worried about anything - a lack of emotions is a hint of psychopathy and it's called flat affect.

And if they say I never needed psychotherapy tell them so you are saying you are perfect and have no subconscious? What makes you think so? just reflect it back :-D

Walter Matthau was a nice actor. Hopscotch is a nice film you could watch :-)

Reactions: ashtoreth and RainAndSadness
mrpeter

mrpeter

Jun 11, 2024
how old was the man mentioned it would be even funnier if the guy was around the same age as the girl he met up with
Also lets assume the man did help that woman commit suicide, if they both met up its probable that both of them tried to help each other commit suicide, so both are guilty.

Last edited:
Dot

Dot

Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021
Same with the BBC and in fact ALL MEDIA, as far as to sell and/or get a person's eyeballs on the article so they can go back to the advertisers and charge more money since they have so many folks looking and reading their "journalism".

BBC = publcly fundd thru licnse fees whch ppl r find or imprisnd fr nt payng

Thnkflly slf d/ nt own a tv nr d/ slf wtch iPlayr etc s/ slf dd nt hve t/ financlly contrbute t/ tht drivl

Reactions: Higurashi415, astr4 and RainAndSadness
M

motoko_s9

Jul 2, 2024
Really despicable by the BBC.

I'm 90% sure they are also breaking the online safety act by intentionally giving out false information to cause offence. Which would be sweet irony.
That's Section 179 of the Online Safety Act referring to the offence of false communications.

But in Section 180, it says:

180 Exemptions from offence under section 179
(1) A recognised news publisher cannot commit an offence under section 179.

In the definition of a "recognised news publisher," in a line on its own, the BBC is mentioned.:

56 "Recognised news publisher"
(1) In this Part, "recognised news publisher" means any of the following entitiesā€”
(a) the British Broadcasting Corporation,

Why would a news publisher need protection from prosecution for doing the following?

179 False communications offence
(1) A person commits an offence ifā€”

(a) the person sends a message (see section 182),
(b) the message conveys information that the person knows to be false,
(c) at the time of sending it, the person intended the message, or the information
in it, to cause non-trivial psychological or physical harm to a likely audience,
and
(d) the person has no reasonable excuse for sending the message.

• Informative
Reactions: pain6batch9
needthebus

needthebus

Apr 29, 2024
Many will know about the recent article released by the dynamic duo at the BBC.

They focused their energy on the partner thread and covered descriptions of how they believed the thread had caused harm.

But that wasn't the primary topic of this thread.

Within that article, they created a narrative to claim that a specific member had flown to the UK after 'meeting another member on the partner thread' and then '11 days later, the UK member passed away in their hotel room', and that the user who flew over 'claimed that he was sleeping.'

Screenshot_20240827_195931_Brave.jpg

The journalists claimed that he flew over to the UK to meet his CTB (commit suicide) partner with the sole aim in "assisting" in a woman's suicide: THIS IS A LIE.

Those journalists obviously don't "know" shit. Nice use of inverted commas by the way, and you know full well you are not naming him because he would sue you into oblivion if you tried to.

What's worse is that the journalists have spoken to the member involved, and they know exactly what happened and how the experience left him broken and traumatized but, most importantly, that he was completely innocent of what they were claiming, so why were they trying to insert him into the narrative of predators on the Partner Thread? Could not find enough existing 'predators' to meet your word count?

Firstly, these members did not meet on the partner thread; they were both well-known chat members who became close and developed a romantic relationship through the summer of 2022, and he was trying to support her and help her to recover, as were multiple other users on the site.

They were talking since July, and her first entry on the partner thread was not until August. If he was her intended CTB partner, then why would she be posting on the partner thread when she already knew him?

The female member was living out of hostels while being refused every avenue of NHS help that she was trying to explore, so he flew over to put them both up in a hotel and attempted to support her himself in hopes that she could start a recovery process that way. In addition to this, she was mute so all of their dialogue was available for police to read through because they communicated through their devices.

Ten days into that visit, she snuck back to her hostel and retrieved her SN (self-harm substance) without his knowledge (he was messaging another user in a panic because she left the hotel and was not responding to his messages and he did not know where she'd gone) and CTB while he was sleeping the next morning. He woke upon hearing her collapse, and called 999 while endeavoring to save her.

On top of that, he was investigated because he was in the room, and the only part that the BBC got right was that he was cleared of all wrongdoing.

It's beyond disgusting that these journalists would use such a traumatizing event to attempt to frame him as some sort of predator who flew over to help her die.

The BBC should be ashamed of themselves for using their platform in such a corrupt way just because their journalist was so emotionally invested in forcing his own narrative. The truth of the facts should be enough to argue your point, and your conduct is no better than fixers who are just using you as a mouthpiece now.

You treat members who speak to you this way and then wonder why other users refuse to talk to you. You have already decided what kind of people members on the forum are, and apparently, if they're not crying on camera, then their voices don't matter.

If you really think it's okay to take the experience of a broken, grieving, and traumatized member and selectively quote his testimony given to you in order to misleadingly paint him as a predator, then you can stick your article up your BBC Verify.
any sort of "suicide is bad, they need therapy and drugs and government approved treatment" articles do well with the public

so of course they will write articles that are superficial and hollow because the public will like them

people prefer the easy fantasy lie to the hard truth: look at how many people believe in muhummad and santa claus and jesus and virgin births

the easy lie is our suffering is bearable if only we get the right therapist and right prozac and right religion and if only we had followed the benevolent government suggestions and not found this evil malevolent site we'd be okay

as though we all went "oh no i am having a bad day, things are a tad annoying, ill search for methods to die"

people are morons who want fairy tales and journalists need clickbait

let this be a lesson: never talk with journalists

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: ashtoreth, Whale_bones, GoatHerder and 2 others
A

allmessedup

Apr 9, 2024
I really don't understand why they have such an axe to grind about this site.
It's a site where depressed and desperate people go to talk about about wanting to leave this cruel world.
Why can't they just accept that some people aren't cut out for this world, and just let us be.
I've had an account here 5 or 6 months, and was a lurker long before I finally made an account. Never once have I seen someone encouraging someone to kill themselves or promoting suicide. Just people asking questions and people giving advice, and what not to do.
And it's a nice place to vent and feel like we aren't alone in feeling like this.
Idk why they just can't let us be
I wish I knew why they can't let us be. It stinks they have such a megaphone in this instance.
People like me exist making all this possible and we do it because we can. And there's not a single thing you can do to prevent it.
Thank you.

Last edited:
Seered Doom

Seered Doom

A nihilist going through an unrelinquished Hell
Sep 9, 2023
The friends I made in this place and another server that supports sites like this thinks the moral grandstanding the BBC and others are taking is utter nonsense

tinyhotot

tinyhotot

Spiralling Bunny
Jul 27, 2024
The things these journalists will do for clicks is diabolical... i wish there was a way to C&D them...but i dont think its possible to C&D someone from a public forum. What a bunch of assholes...

M

mellie5

Mar 26, 2023
well suicide is actually bad yk, it's not a yay dancing in the marigolds thing

and some people need medicine and psychotherapy to feel better, yes. If one breaks a leg and there is a piece of bone sticking out, one is not expected to fix it oneself. Same with a mind needing "repairs". What if the depression and the consequent will to exit are caused by hypothyroidism and will be fixed by a pill in about three days?

and the treatments must be approved, yes.

Proof: "therapists bad". Yes, because calling oneself "therapist" is unregulated. So people go to "therapy" and it's not an evidence-based thing in which the therapist had to study a few years and pass an exam that ensures at least a minimum standard.

Proof second: "regulating drugs bad". Yes just buy the pill of wonderplant, it "helps with" cancer and dandruff and stomach ache. Deregulate drugs, test nothing against placebo or preexisting treatment.

@ learned colleague above quoting the OSA by which I mean online safety act, not the official secrets act :-D

you selectively quoted the bits that support your anti-BBC stance. Be fair and note that the definition of "recognised news publisher" in the OSA includes many other recognised news publishers.

Note too that a person, i.e. a human being committing an offence is not a corporation committing it. A journalist who publishes something on purpose to cause harm is committing an offence. And mind you, causing actual certifiable direct harm with a causal link is a completely different crime.

Your OSA quotes mix natural persons i.e. human beings committing offences with corporations, i.e. fictional persons committing offences.

BBC journalists cater to the public that likes the BBC. ITV to those that watch that wild channel :-D also yk BBC - BBC1 is very different from BBC3.

Yes "my license fee pays for rubbish" - however, the license fee also pays for Radio 4 ā¤ļø

I am sure some would say that Radio 4 is rubbish.

The journalists were ofc not impartial or objective and suited the article to their narrative and public.

Idk the context of the passage in the OP. They are ofc drawing attention to this forum and - were they really wanting to get rid of it - would not have ever written anything remotely connected to it.

Curiously enough, nothing about usenet's ash lol.

pain6batch9

pain6batch9

Aug 25, 2024
Radio 4 has fallen off a bit in recent years. I do catch myself listening to the shipping forecast though.

Seered Doom

Seered Doom

A nihilist going through an unrelinquished Hell
Sep 9, 2023
Hell, most news, I can't even watch anymore because it's all sensationalised or stuff that would trigger a PTSD attack. Censure Authoritarianism is very much a thing here in the US and I'm sad seeing it migrate its way to the UK