• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Baskol1

Baskol1

No life, no problems
Aug 11, 2019
Many people on social media seem to have perfect lives, and seem to be always happy. But is this just a mask they put on, online? Even in many forums people brag about their great lives. Especially on quora, a very pro life site, but it leans liberal. They always seem to be extremely optimistic, and just generally very happy with their lives. I guess some people really do have perfect lives? These people often have a hard time to empathize with people who dont have a perfect life at all. And you often hear many platitududes from them. It i especilly amusing when rich people say things like money doesnt buy happiness. Or money doesnt matter. Of course it doesnt matter if youre very rich. These people are often the same who ask you why dont you just get a nice job? Why dont you just cheer up? Why is it that people with perfect lives have little to no empathy?

ThriveOrDie

ThriveOrDie

We are already in hell
Jul 11, 2019
You have to go through some real serious shit to have empathy. I can be pretty negative realistic about my situation but at least I learned empathy. Maybe that is the most important lesson to learn in life?

Also, social media is known to make people more depressed. People are so fake on those sites. I would highly recommend ditching social media.

LifeOver

LifeOver

Professional Suicide Attempter
Jul 23, 2019
Ok so how in the world can a person say "My life is trash and I have major depression" on social media? That's a one-way ticket to a psych ward and your friends will probably abandon you.

Nearly everyone claims they have a good life, but I bet most people are suffering in their heart. The 1% that isn't are either born rich or have good genetics/luck. They don't give a damn about the rest of the people the same way we don't care when we step on an ant.

DepressionsAHo

DepressionsAHo

Heaven gained a new ho
Feb 15, 2019
Many people on social media seem to have perfect lives, and seem to be always happy. But is this just a mask they put on, online? Even in many forums people brag about their great lives. Especially on quora, a very pro life site, but it leans liberal. They always seem to be extremely optimistic, and just generally very happy with their lives. I guess some people really do have perfect lives? These people often have a hard time to empathize with people who dont have a perfect life at all. And you often hear many platitududes from them. It i especilly amusing when rich people say things like money doesnt buy happiness. Or money doesnt matter. Of course it doesnt matter if youre very rich. These people are often the same who ask you why dont you just get a nice job? Why dont you just cheer up? Why is it that people with perfect lives have little to no empathy?
Money doesn't just magically erase all your issues when money isnt the reason you're suicidal in the first place. Idk why people seem to think that's just how minds work. I used to be able to afford pretty much anything. Didnt have to check my account to see if I could afford it because of course I could. Still woke up and pleaded for death every damn day. Same as I do now. Money doesnt solve an issue when your brains your worst enemy

Reactions: Baskol1
Baskol1

Baskol1

No life, no problems
Aug 11, 2019
Money doesn't just magically erase all your issues when money isnt the reason you're suicidal in the first place. Idk why people seem to think that's just how minds work. I used to be able to afford pretty much anything. Didnt have to check my account to see if I could afford it because of course I could. Still woke up and pleaded for death every damn day. Same as I do now. Money doesnt solve an issue when your brains your worst enemy

Then they say be grateful, others have it worse! But yes money is useless without good health.

Reactions: Beautifulletdown
WinterIsComing

WinterIsComing

Fragile...
May 27, 2019
Ok so how in the world can a person say "My life is trash and I have major depression" on social media? That's a one-way ticket to a psych ward and your friends will probably abandon you.

Yeah that usually happens...Is not like they are happy all the time
....maybe is more like they have happy temporary moments and take photography of validation and attract people ( they love the happy vibe), others want to feel superior or attract to sell like COuRSes

Reactions: Baskol1
Subhuman

Subhuman

Student
Jun 28, 2019
Many people on social media seem to have perfect lives, and seem to be always happy. But is this just a mask they put on, online? Even in many forums people brag about their great lives. Especially on quora, a very pro life site, but it leans liberal. They always seem to be extremely optimistic, and just generally very happy with their lives.
To me it's obvious that people try to portray themselves and their lives as happy. Most people want to brag and be perceived as more successful than others.

But you'd be shocked at what's hiding beneath the surface. I've seen and read confessions you wouldn't believe. Especially from very attractive girls who constantly post beautiful selfies and positive updates. Then in private/secret groups their posts are full of desperation when they vent about the body dysmorphia that doesn't allow them to leave the house, the eating disorders that have been ravaging their bodies for years or even decades, the crippling insecurities that have them passing out on gym equipment from a mix of starvation and overexertion. Then there are the seemingly happy families who always brag about their wonderful kids, their perfect marriage, their stunning vacations. But behind closed doors their lives are ruled by addictions, financial difficulties, or even horrific abuse by their partner.

The point is you can never judge someone's life by what they choose to post on social media.

I guess some people really do have perfect lives?
Well yeah, some people have it all, some have more, some have less and some have nothing.

These people often have a hard time to empathize with people who dont have a perfect life at all. And you often hear many platitududes from them. It i especilly amusing when rich people say things like money doesnt buy happiness. Or money doesnt matter. Of course it doesnt matter if youre very rich. These people are often the same who ask you why dont you just get a nice job? Why dont you just cheer up? Why is it that people with perfect lives have little to no empathy?
I feel like you're conflating two very different aspects here. The amount of empathy someone has ins't necessarily determined by the amount of money in their bank account or by their happiness. Some people want for nothing and do tons of charitable work or go into professions that help people (or animals, or the environment), others are miserable to the point that their bitterness eradicated any and all capacity for empathy.

In general, it's extremely hard for most people to relate to something that they've never experienced. That has to do with understanding, not with empathy imo.

azucaramargo

azucaramargo

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2018
Anderson Cooper, whose bro jumped to his death several years ago, said he'd been around people with money all his life, and he knew it didn't guarantee happiness. Something like that. The way he said it packed more of a punch.

restingspot

restingspot

Lucid Dreamer
May 30, 2019
I'm gonna go through your reply bit by bit.

Q: But is this just a mask they put on, online?
A: Yes. Consumers eat up the "idealization," not the reality. We get enough of that as it is. We've always idealized since we had two brain cells to rub together. Idealized art. Romanticized literature. Fantastical music. Social media is no different. Even lower-class people will cash out their whole paycheck and flaunt it for extra clout online. Hell, there's fake money you can buy for $30 if you wanna get SUPER CLOUT. Recently there is a push for mental illness/reality "awareness," but those are incredibly close-knit communities that have minimal impact on the general perception of said mental illness.

Q-ish: Especially on quora, a very pro life site, but it leans liberal. They always seem to be extremely optimistic, and just generally very happy with their lives.
A: Liberals tend to be hippity hoppity, optimistic and generally love/care for all no matter who you are (as long as you're not right-wing/conservative/centrist). Don't forget that words on a screen are just that, words. They could be rich, they could be middle-class, or dirt poor but refuse to look at the negatives even though their life is objectively shite.

Q: I guess some people really do have perfect lives? These people often have a hard time to empathize with people who dont have a perfect life at all.
A: Yes. Those who were born rich, and those who took advantage of business opportunities and made enough money to last several lifetimes. They often cannot emphasize with other people because of the money; they've forgotten what it was like to be poor and humble, or even mildly struggling, or they remember and have a douchey complex and like to rub it in people's faces.

Q: Why is it that people with perfect lives have little to no empathy?
A: See above.