• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Kogoruhn

Kogoruhn

Student
May 20, 2018
Abilify is shit. It gave me akathisia. It was hell, I couldn't stop moving. I simply had to be in a constant state of motion and I couldn't understand why.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience with meds. The only secondary effect i noticed for me is delayed ejaculation from the Fluoxetine, although i think it's been the most helpful of the three. I'm going to see my psychiatrist about cutting off the antipsychotics and maybe add another antidepressant.

Reactions: dano6533
Everglow

Everglow

Everglow
Mar 31, 2018
I take sertraline but had to stop it caused my leg to swell:/ why do you choose not to take it?
Don't see much if any point in taking them. I know I'm ill . Im not in denial its just dont plan on being around much longer anyways .

Last edited:
Reactions: anna and dano6533
anna

anna

downfall
Mar 18, 2018
Almotriptan to stop the pain.
My doctor also prescribed lormetazepam, Tryptizol and diazepam.
But I'm just taking Almotriptan.
The rest I keep to gather enough for the method of amitriptyline

Soon4me

Soon4me

Enlightened
Jun 15, 2018
Yes, severe chronic migraines.
I used to get migraine with aura.First about 1 minute before i would know that one was starting.
First i could not see with left eye then it would move to right eye also.This would last for 15mins.
Then horrible headache for the rest of the day.Sometime i would vomit also.

I don't get any anymore.I kept a food diary and any time i got a migraine i checked to see what i ate or drank.
Then i stopped eating and drinking these.Or i would check the ingredients of foods.A lot of the time it was additives causing my migraine.
Or i read coffee can both cause and stop migraine.So when one was starting i quickly drank one cup of black coffee it stopped it.
Or bright lights sometimes caused them.
But everyone is different so what works for one person may not work for another.

Last edited:
M

Maya

Apr 24, 2018
Don't see much if any point in taking them. I know I'm ill . Im not in denial its just dont plan on being around much longer anyways .
I will say this... it did help with my ocd. I also take lamictal lorazepam and vit d ... i have bipolar disorder and ocd but the meds while they can help can also hurt. Odly i use to get bad migraines- the lamictal got rid of them along with a lot of other symptoms. But it can also kill you so*shrug* they are positives and negatives

chronicpainnomore

chronicpainnomore

Not Circling the Drain Anymore
May 31, 2018
Opioids. I've relied on opioids for 13 years to manage pain from a botched spine surgery the military did to me. But now that they're cutting chronic pain patients off from their pain meds because of the addicts, I can't get them. Hence the reason I want to CTB. I actually don't want to CTB. I enjoy my life, have a loving wife and 2 awesome boys. But it's looking like the only way to escape the pain now.

Other than that, I have to take omeprazole for reflux, lisinopril/hydrochlorothiazide for hypertension, synthroid for hypothyroid.

I

IQof87SadButTrue

Jun 11, 2018
Abilify here. It doesn't have any positive effect on me but a few minor negatives effects such as oversleeping and overeating. I take them to keep my family happy. All anti psychotics have little to no benefits and major side effects even if you cant detect the side effects they are still there.

L

Ln42

Jun 13, 2018
I take vortioxetine, trazadone, quetiapine, propranolol, pregablain, zolpidem and diazepam. The combination has helped me I guess.

anna

anna

downfall
Mar 18, 2018
I used to get migraine with aura.First about 1 minute before i would know that one was starting.
First i could not see with left eye then it would move to right eye also.This would last for 15mins.

I don't get any anymore.I kept a food diary and any time i got a migraine i checked to see what i ate or drank.
Then i stopped eating and drinking these.Or i would check the ingredients of foods.A lot of the time it was additives causing my migraine.
Or i read coffee can both cause and stop migraine.So when one was starting i quickly drank one cup of black coffee it stopped it.
But everyone is different so what works for one person may not work for another.

Thanks for worrying.
Last night I had another crisis. Now "the beast" is numbed by medication.
But it will come back in a few hours.
Also with aura. Once the pain begins, the pain lasts 2 to 4 days, going from one side to the other.
And the only thing I can do, is take the medicine and wait for it to take effect, while I'm paralyzed in the dark bed, covering my ears, hyperventilating and crying in despair. But the medication sometimes does nothing.
Sumatriptan is a bit more effective. But the side effects are even more terrible.
And when it does, it only lasts a few hours until the next dose. And the side effects are screwed too. Although not as much as the intensity of the pain.
(My neurologist refuses to give me something stronger). In fact, I'm sure I also have episodes of cluster headache and when I go to the emergency room, intravenous medication and oxygen at maximum power, stop the crisis. But my neurologist also refuses to prescribe oxygen. (It is more profitable for her and the pharmaceutics, buy all the medicines and follow the chronicle).

I've tried everything ... Preventive medications, all the abortifacts that exist, alternative medicine ... nothing works.
My food is pretty healthy.
I know that some foods can be triggers. But that is discarded in my case, since I do not eat any of those foods. (Nor preservatives, additives, ect ...)
I know that caffeine helps some people a little. However, others do not help anything (my case).
My biggest triggers are the noises, the intense light, the lack of sleep, the stress, the anxiety. But "the beast" can come at any time even if I try to avoid all that.
I'm glad that yours have disappeared. Or be controlled.
There are different types of migraine and some triggers are easier to avoid than others.

Last edited:
icky

icky

Jun 14, 2018
I've been on Citalopram since high school with Bupropion HCL XL when I can afford it. It dulls the feelings so I can function but doesn't take away my lucidity. I guess I'd be on Risperdal too but after being gaslit into a nervous breakdown as a teen, I took deep offense to being prescribed something called an "anti-psychotic" that's "used to treat schizophrenia."

chronicpainnomore

chronicpainnomore

Not Circling the Drain Anymore
May 31, 2018

I also get migraines with visual auras. They started when I was 13. The very first one scared the shit out of me. Surprisingly, most of my migraines are just the visual auras (pulsating, jagged, colorful patterns that start in the center of my field of vision and working their way outward to my peripheral vision) with no headache afterward. It's a real pain in the ass if I'm driving at the time.

R

ReleaseMe

I know it's over And it never really began
May 26, 2018
Took venlafaxine for 7 years, started baclofen a couple of months ago which I'm having a hard time tapering down now. Quetiapine and other stuff sometimes as sleep aids..
Long story short, it was the venlafaxine which ruined my entire life, brain, emotions, it cost me the my 20s of my life..

M

Maya

Apr 24, 2018
Took venlafaxine for 7 years, started baclofen a couple of months ago which I'm having a hard time tapering down now. Quetiapine and other stuff sometimes as sleep aids..
Long story short, it was the venlafaxine which ruined my entire life, brain, emotions, it cost me the my 20s of my life..
What did it do? My psychiatrist perscribed it to me but im nervous about taking it so its just sitting in a pill bottle by my bed

R

ReleaseMe

I know it's over And it never really began
May 26, 2018
Hard to explain really, it did make me feel more energetic but also unable to cry or to feel emotions. I had just recovered from a psychotic episode when I started taking it in 2010 and was very depressed. I could not really reflect on myself at that time and was blind about the effects from the medication. Worst of all, I could not quit cannabis and drinking along with the pills. Especially the drinking got a lot worse at that time, that was when I became an alcoholic.
Years of Venlafaxine (300mg) combined with daily drinking and smoking followed. I didn't even lie about my problems to those who prescribed me the medication, but it can be very hard to quit. I was functioning at work but emotionally numb and more and more isolated socially, the devastation became clear when I first tried to quit the Venlafaxine.

Bla bla, long story short:
Main effects for me were:
- less emotional pain but also emotional numbness
- agitation, more energy if you are able to do something
- increased sweating
- less appetite
- might make you feel nauseous or weird in your stomach in the beginning
- faster heartbeat, higher blood pressure

Also, if you are not sure about ctb but considering it, do not take this on your own at home

Last edited:
Soon4me

Soon4me

Enlightened
Jun 15, 2018
Thanks for worrying.
Last night I had another crisis. Now "the beast" is numbed by medication.
But it will come back in a few hours.
Also with aura. Once the pain begins, the pain lasts 2 to 4 days, going from one side to the other.
And the only thing I can do, is take the medicine and wait for it to take effect, while I'm paralyzed in the dark bed, covering my ears, hyperventilating and crying in despair. But the medication sometimes does nothing.
Sumatriptan is a bit more effective. But the side effects are even more terrible.
And when it does, it only lasts a few hours until the next dose. And the side effects are screwed too. Although not as much as the intensity of the pain.
(My neurologist refuses to give me something stronger). In fact, I'm sure I also have episodes of cluster headache and when I go to the emergency room, intravenous medication and oxygen at maximum power, stop the crisis. But my neurologist also refuses to prescribe oxygen. (It is more profitable for her and the pharmaceutics, buy all the medicines and follow the chronicle).

I've tried everything ... Preventive medications, all the abortifacts that exist, alternative medicine ... nothing works.
My food is pretty healthy.
I know that some foods can be triggers. But that is discarded in my case, since I do not eat any of those foods. (Nor preservatives, additives, ect ...)
I know that caffeine helps some people a little. However, others do not help anything (my case).
My biggest triggers are the noises, the intense light, the lack of sleep, the stress, the anxiety. But "the beast" can come at any time even if I try to avoid all that.
I'm glad that yours have disappeared. Or be controlled.
There are different types of migraine and some triggers are easier to avoid than others.
anna very sorry to hear about your migraines they sound very bad

L

Lotharius

Mar 20, 2018
I tried Fluoxetine for about 6 months. Doctor went from 20, 40, 80 milligrams in a three month period. Noticed increased focus but didn't really help me much otherwise. Could not get any sleep so I stopped. My insurance also lapsed from switching jobs so I didn't want to pay out of pocket just to try and get something to help me sleep. Been off it for 2 weeks, feel just fine. Not sure what to expect from stopping if anything. Not sure I trust trying anything else. Tried 3 different medications when I was a kid as well. Don't remember having any improvement in my depression symptoms.

Imaginos

Imaginos

Full-time layabout
Apr 7, 2018
Nope, not at the moment. However, for what it's worth, I did take some medication very briefly (a few weeks, I think?) as a little kid when I was having major anxiety issues and couldn't get to school as a result. Effexor & Paxil were the two I was prescribed, if I recall correctly. It's not like it matters, since my mom eventually flushed the both of them down the toilet (literally) after she realized how insane it was that they were giving medication to someone as young as me at the time. I think she had heard somewhere that it could permanently mess up my brain chemistry in the worst way imaginable given that I was still just a child, so naturally she panicked and took me off them right away in her usual overly dramatic way. And frankly, I'm glad she did. I'm still a complete wreck, but who knows what effect that shit could've had on me long term, considering how young I was back then and all. On the other hand, who knows? Maybe they would've "turned my life around". Maybe I'd even have been able to commit suicide by now. Hard to say, I guess.

Anyway, in these last couple years, I've often considered the possibility of trying to get myself a prescription for whatever might work for me, but it always seemed like too much effort to obtain what amounts to little more than poison in most cases. After all, the haphazard process of trying to get the right medication, not to mention the right dosage for said medication, is like trying to play pin the tail on the donkey with a shotgun. A very dangerous game with very marginal returns. I also, personally speaking, can't help, but see most doctors as just a bunch of scummy drug dealers in white coats pushing their product on whomever it is they can, as the mountain of addictive pharmaceutical candy flows endlessly from the many burgeoning pill mills all across North America courtesy of the wretched, tentacled abomination known as Big Pharma. More often than not, it just comes back to money & greed in the end. Not to mention laziness & apathy. It's always easier to make a quick buck off someone's misery and shoo them out the door than it is to actually put in the effort necessary to truly help and diagnose what's wrong and be their for support long-term. People just don't give a shit man. Although, in my case, I can't really blame them.

Last edited:
Definitelyworried

Definitelyworried

Jun 19, 2018
I just started taking trazadone. They starting me at 25mg each night but doctor wants me to follow up with a psychiatrist and a psycologyst.
But I dont know if I'm commiting government medicaid fraud or its just my anxiety getting to me.

Reactions: Soon4me
T

Tiburcio

I don't take anything: if life throws me his arrows of pain, I block them with my chest as a shield.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Soon4me