• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

M

Maya

Apr 24, 2018
Update on my veneflaxine experience i had a severe reaction with horrible vertigo. I could not stand for a week or lay flat in my bed for a month ifell constantly it was horrible

S

shadow11

Wizard
Jul 31, 2018
did u get really hot and get muscle tremors and feel like it was so bad u would kill urself if u had a gun handy? Mine lasted for a few hours and went to the e.r.
Yes and really high blood pressure tremors chills jerking movements

Reactions: Redt2go
I

Inertia

May 24, 2018
What did it do? My psychiatrist perscribed it to me but im nervous about taking it so its just sitting in a pill bottle by my bed

I also took venlafaxine for 2 or 3 years (I can't remember exactly) in my late teens/early twenties (I'm in my mid thirties now) and it made me feel more numb than many other antidepressants. Worse though was probably the extremely vivid and violent nightmares it gave me. I didn't get them right away, and not until I was taking a fairly hight dose, but once I started having them, they persisted even after I'd been off the medication for a few years. I don't get them anymore, but they were really disturbing.

I

Inertia

May 24, 2018
I've taken many different anti-depressants on and off since I was a teenager, with a 10-ish year break between my early 20s to early 30s. After being on lurasidone for depression and gaining a bunch of weight--I'm already fat, so I found it really hard to cope with the weight gain--I'm currently taking escitalopram, but it is not alleviating my depression (it has worked in the past) and has made it very hard to have an orgasm. I'll be talking to my doc next week.

Other meds: clonazepam helps somewhat for anxiety and falling asleep. High thc cannabis helps my mood the most, but is also impairing, so I try to limit it to evenings or when I know I don't have to drive for a while.

RaptorHavx

RaptorHavx

Drowning in loneliness...
Aug 15, 2018
Update on my veneflaxine experience i had a severe reaction with horrible vertigo. I could not stand for a week or lay flat in my bed for a month ifell constantly it was horrible
What, just what ? O.O is it that bad ? Damn, I'm taking it for a while now.

RaptorHavx

RaptorHavx

Aug 15, 2018
I also took venlafaxine for 2 or 3 years (I can't remember exactly) in my late teens/early twenties (I'm in my mid thirties now) and it made me feel more numb than many other antidepressants. Worse though was probably the extremely vivid and violent nightmares it gave me. I didn't get them right away, and not until I was taking a fairly hight dose, but once I started having them, they persisted even after I'd been off the medication for a few years. I don't get them anymore, but they were really disturbing.
Geeezz, I just had an awful dream last night, that drug was supposed to be harmless. -.- also people don't say much bad stuff about vanlafaxine, personally I only get dizzy if I forget dose. I've tried 75mg, 150mg, 225mg, and even 300mg, and not much difference, just missing dose f*** my mind. Strange...

Reactions: Tiburcio
Oblivion

Oblivion

Wizard
Aug 2, 2018
I take apiprazole and lamotrijine, there's a huge difference between now and the past, that big cloud of darkness is gone, feel much better now, but still want to die, that's why i'm stopping these meds weeks before my attempt

Reactions: RaptorHavx
I

Inertia

May 24, 2018
Geeezz, I just had an awful dream last night, that drug was supposed to be harmless. -.- also people don't say much bad stuff about vanlafaxine, personally I only get dizzy if I forget dose. I've tried 75mg, 150mg, 225mg, and even 300mg, and not much difference, just missing dose f*** my mind. Strange...

I was up to 300 mg too. Like most side effects, not everyone gets them, so you may not. I don't think I had dizzy spells. I recall having a hard time remembering to take my pills every day, so the inconsistency may have worsened the side effects that I did experience.

L

Living_Ghost

Student
Aug 13, 2018
I take Venlafaxine 75mg for 2.5 years now . I used to take 150mg but tapered down. . I find it good compared to other drugs I tried. It reduced my anxiety and stopped the panic . It also is a very effective pain killer . Can be strange shit though like all the rest is . Gives weird nightmares , sometimes gives tons of energy and sometimes wipes you out. Does not really lift depression but there is no miracle drug that will. Anyway I'm kinda fried .Think I have Dpdr or constant dissociation ,which the Effexor actually makes worse. Catch 22 situation. Also coming of Effexor is reported to be hell on earth. What I really want is a carrier bag full of Xanax . But I ain't got a script for that shit and rightly so.

RaptorHavx

RaptorHavx

Aug 15, 2018
Anyone knows what will happen to me if I drink some beer when taking those pills ? Anyone tried ? I mean, I'm just in middle of nowhere in some tiny town, visiting random convenience store and here it is, my favourite Swedish kopparberg beer. I'm not fan of alcohol and I used to drink rarely but I absolutely love that one .

L

Living_Ghost

Student
Aug 13, 2018
It enabled me to drink more without getting so drunk . Be warned though , it could cause aggression or a flip out if you overdo the drinks with meds.