• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

C

creatureoflight

Mage
Jul 27, 2018
I never took AD's or anything for my anxiety. I don't want to take substances like that. My mind is clear and my own and best in an unaltered state.

D

dog3000

Jul 8, 2018
I'm sorry you had a bad experience with meds. The only secondary effect i noticed for me is delayed ejaculation from the Fluoxetine, although i think it's been the most helpful of the three. I'm going to see my psychiatrist about cutting off the antipsychotics and maybe add another antidepressant.

good luck with cutting olanzapine. Its hard to taper it.

Reactions: Soon4me
C

creatureoflight

Mage
Jul 27, 2018
I haves severe chronic migraines, back pain and neuromas in my feet. Am currently on topiramate for the migraines and a triptane or two. Other than that, I don't use anything.

Wantingpeace

Wantingpeace

Wizard
Aug 16, 2018
Antidepressants absolutely destroyed me. I started at 17 for normal life stress..was not depressed but i did not know dangers. I stopped a year later. Months after that I hit severe acute depression anxiety suicidal. A family member seriously ill at time and GP said it must be that. Followed by 16 years of terrible drug side effects woild come off and months later again severe breakdown. What is this? SSRI withdrawal syndrome. Took me 16 years to figure it out. I thought I had just become mentally ill. We have a petition with the Scottish parliament and the MPs have said drs are in denial 're withdrawal syndrome and are almost always misdiagnosing as recurrent depression anxiety disorder or another mental health condition. Typically SSRI withdrawal can hit months later and can persist months or years!

However there is worse to come!! After 16 years of figuring out what was happening I switched to another drug to make withdrawal easier. I had severe rare adverse reaction, that was three years ago. I am absolutely destroyed. This started at 17 for job stress now 35.

C

creatureoflight

Mage
Jul 27, 2018
Antidepressants absolutely destroyed me. I started at 17 for normal life stress..was not depressed but i did not know dangers. I stopped a year later. Months after that I hit severe acute depression anxiety suicidal. A family member seriously ill at time and GP said it must be that. Followed by 16 years of terrible drug side effects woild come off and months later again severe breakdown. What is this? SSRI withdrawal syndrome. Took me 16 years to figure it out. I thought I had just become mentally ill. We have a petition with the Scottish parliament and the MPs have said drs are in denial 're withdrawal syndrome and are almost always misdiagnosing as withdrawal syndrome.

However there is worse to come!! After 16 years of figuring out what was happening I switched to another drug to make withdrawal easier. I had severe rare adverse reaction, that was three years ago. I am absolutely destroyed. This started at 17 for job stress now 35.

Stories like this are precisely the reason I don't want to take those

Definitelyworried

Definitelyworried

Jun 19, 2018
They tried giving me prozac, zoloft, but I said no cause of the side effects I was reading about, but after reading the side effects of trazadone, I decided to give it a try, Its my 3rd night don't know what to expect.

D

dog3000

Jul 8, 2018
They tried giving me prozac, zoloft, but I said no cause of the side effects I was reading about, but after reading the side effects of trazadone, I decided to give it a try, Its my 3rd night don't know what to expect.

one of interesting side effect of trazadone is getting dizzy when you stand up too fast

Reactions: Redt2go and Soon4me
Anarchy

Anarchy

Invisible anarchist
Jul 9, 2018
I was prescribed Sertraline but I don't take it. It made me feel dizzy and unwell. They say that's just anxiety about being on drugs but I felt really bad on it.
They said Setraline's the best one but they said that they'll see if there are any other antidepressants.
I was on Citalopram for about two weeks and there were no side effects at all - they said that it wasn't working so they took me off it.
I'll take medication if they find me an alternative to Sertraline. Hopefully it'll give me enough motivation to end it.

Wantingpeace

Wantingpeace

Wizard
Aug 16, 2018
I was prescribed Sertraline but I don't take it. It made me feel dizzy and unwell. They say that's just anxiety about being on drugs but I felt really bad on it.
They said Setraline's the best one but they said that they'll see if there are any other antidepressants.
I was on Citalopram for about two weeks and there were no side effects at all - they said that it wasn't working so they took me off it.
I'll take medication if they find me an alternative to Sertraline. Hopefully it'll give me enough motivation to end it.
That's just absolute bulls*hit about anxiety about taking drugs. It is side effects which could lead to serotinin syndrome which can cause severe damage.

Nzbeelover

Nzbeelover

Student
Jul 1, 2018
100mg sertraline daily so I'm not crying 24/7 or feeling any real emotions
The sertraline is like a blanket over the memories of my past.

Reactions: Redt2go and Soon4me
Anarchy

Anarchy

Invisible anarchist
Jul 9, 2018
That's just absolute bulls*hit about anxiety about taking drugs. It is side effects which could lead to serotinin syndrome which can cause severe damage.
It seems especially bullshitty that I was on it for a month with bad side effects and they said that it just takes time to get used to, but they stopped the Citalopram after two weeks because it didn't seem to be working, even though they say that we should give drugs time.
I suppose that there's a good chance that the Citalopram wasn't working as there weren't any side effects, but then I think that not everyone has side effects.
In any case, it seems like they just want me to take the Sertraline because it's recommended.
I said that I felt unwell on it but they said I should still take it because they were very, very minor side effects that probably weren't even side effects.

Wantingpeace

Wantingpeace

Wizard
Aug 16, 2018
It seems especially bullshitty that I was on it for a month with bad side effects and they said that it just takes time to get used to, but they stopped the Citalopram after two weeks because it didn't seem to be working, even though they say that we should give drugs time.
I suppose that there's a good chance that the Citalopram wasn't working as there weren't any side effects, but then I think that not everyone has side effects.
In any case, it seems like they just want me to take the Sertraline because it's recommended.
I said that I felt unwell on it but they said I should still take it because they were very, very minor side effects that probably weren't even side effects.
With my cog problem because of medication is difficult for me to understand. But they go through circles of the most popular drug something to do with cost.

Reactions: Soon4me and Anarchy
Anarchy

Anarchy

Invisible anarchist
Jul 9, 2018
I think they just like to cover their backs. If someone kills themself on their recommended medication then they can say that they've done all they can. Though, it could also backfire on them and make the medication seem bad.
They probably think that becauseone medication works for most of their cases that it must work for everyone, except those with major side effects, and that if it doesn't it's because it needs more time to work.

Wantingpeace

Wantingpeace

Wizard
Aug 16, 2018
I think they just like to cover their backs. If someone kills themself on their recommended medication then they can say that they've done all they can. Though, it could also backfire on them and make the medication seem bad.
They probably think that becauseone medication works for most of their cases that it must work for everyone, except those with major side effects, and that if it doesn't it's because it needs more time to work.
I just don't know. It doesn't make sense. The effects I've had are defintiely from the medication and this is why I'm on this site. There is no way to test what is the drugs and what is the persons own psychological problem.

RaptorHavx

RaptorHavx

Drowning in loneliness...
Aug 15, 2018
I'm on venflafaxine (might be a typo) for about 3 months, prescribed 150mg dose, but I take more...

RaptorHavx

RaptorHavx

Drowning in loneliness...
Aug 15, 2018
If I forget to take a dose I get really dizzy. Not a nice feeling, but at last I feel like being drunken without drinking anything lol

Wantingpeace

Wantingpeace

Wizard
Aug 16, 2018
I just don't know. It doesn't make sense. The effects I've had are defintiely from the medication and this is why I'm on this site. There is no way to test what is the drugs and what is the persons own psychological problem.
I mean there is no way for the med profession to test but is beyond doubt for me

Destin

Destin

Aug 15, 2018
I take my mood stabilizers but my antipsychotics can fuck off

I only refill it because Dr.s are cunts and if Im not compliant they may take my disability away