Never Free

Never Free

Student
Feb 6, 2019
Am a vegan. Once I saw vegan advocates talking about what they ate. I got the confidence to try it. I always felt quite guilty eating animal products

Reactions: _Minsk and Fuzzbear
a.n.kirillov

a.n.kirillov

velle non discitur
Nov 17, 2019
I've settled on vegetarianism a while ago, so I am 95 percent vegetarian. If someone offers me meat that is already cooked, I will sometimes eat it, as long as no one planned with me being there and I am not the reason the meat was bought. Also sometimes to appease family members, the three times per year I visit my grandma and she cooks half a pig for me, I will eat it and freeze large portions of it.

My vegan experiments never lasted too long, I've tried it several times in the last ten years but didn't have the character. So I made a compromise and try to avoid meat and buy the most humanly produced milk, cheese and eggs. The last thing I cut out was milk, which I have replaced with ricemilk.

• Love
Reactions: enjolras and _Minsk
a.n.kirillov

a.n.kirillov

velle non discitur
Nov 17, 2019
Half a pig was a hyperbole of course, but she makes way too much of it and I don't think she even knows how to cook something without lard and meat.

Timetodie90

Timetodie90

Spiritual but suicidal.
Mar 8, 2020
Yes. I am.

• Love
Reactions: _Minsk
Disintegration

Disintegration

Life is a terminal sexually transmitted disease.
Sep 28, 2019
Im vegan. One of the reasons I'm considering suicide... can't take the way people treat all living things. Suicide is good for the planet as well.
Yep! Vegan for 8 years today actually!
Nice, I've been one for 7 years and 3 months.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: nirvana, Skathon and _Minsk
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
I cook almost exclusively vegan & vegetarian. I say "almost" because I do enjoy fish and sea food every once in a while.

But I have no problem eating meat if I am at a dinner party for instance, and that's the only thing they serve.

• Love
Reactions: _Minsk
_Minsk

_Minsk

death: the cure for life
Dec 9, 2019
dont want to over generalise but vegans seem to be the best people out there to be friends with for me. if they care for animals, not wanting them to suffer a lifetime just for a short time of our pleasure, they most likely wont treat you bad as friend. there is no valid statement on why people shouldn't become vegan, we have supplies to vitamin b6 and b12. studies have shown the blood of people on plant based diets are far more superior when it comes to eliminating cancer cells, compared to regular dairy and meat consumerists(source:what the health, documentary). dairy products increase chances for developing breast and prostate cancer.
there are many good reasons on why its better to go vegan or at least eat less animal products, the biggest ones are ethical and health reasons.

sadly, as with any other business, there are people who have determined their whole life in producing meat and dairy products who don't want to give up all their efforts, sharing lies and trying to influence us with their lobbyism .

i like eating meat, at times i do but very rarely, i do my vitamin b's and maybe 1-3 times a month i afford myself good, cruelty free, organic meat without feeling guilty:3

Last edited:
Reactions: enjolras
FriendofDeath

FriendofDeath

Elementalist
May 22, 2020
Lacto ovo vegetarian for, this part is shocking - almost 40 years! Not a health conscious vegetarian, however!

Reactions: Skathon
enjolras

enjolras

Dead are useless if not to love the living more
Feb 13, 2020
I used to be from 2013 to 2018, then for convenience (depression, is it a good enough justification, doctor ?) I resumed to be vegetarian.
It's actually a member of Exit about to take N who introduced me to veganism, although I was sensitive to animal rights before. He was dying and that's what he wanted to share as most important life lesson. He gave me quick tuitions on the matter.

This guy's preaching doesn't always make sense, some of the content is inappropriate propaghanda, but the core remains a valid statement.

Since then, my opinion on veganism has evolved. I'm not blindfolded by the stance anymore, and there are actually ways to live that I believe to be more righteous. However, I still hold a fascination / admiration for animal rights activist. I believe their opposition fight is essential and a great inspiration broadly. I do respect those who can sacrifice their own comfort / health (if poorly managed) / futur (legal & stuff), for the well-being of other living creatures.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: FriendofDeath and _Minsk
FriendofDeath

FriendofDeath

Elementalist
May 22, 2020
I just learned Mister Rogers was a vegetarian!

Reactions: Disintegration
Disintegration

Disintegration

Life is a terminal sexually transmitted disease.
Sep 28, 2019
  • Love
Reactions: FriendofDeath
beyond_aquila_rift

beyond_aquila_rift

Student
May 11, 2020
I was vegan for about a month and couldn't do it, but was pescatarian for about 5 years. ❤️