• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

sunny.sativa

sunny.sativa

organic
Apr 2, 2019
I've been (formally?) diagnosed with

Bipolar II
Borderline Personality Disorder
Bulimia Nervosa
Severe Anxiety
Major Depressive Disorder

Not all at once, not all by the same doctor.

Reactions: Vidar33
Rollo

Rollo

No pasaran
Aug 13, 2018
Covert narcissist. Textbook one. Male, mid 40's.

And now I am at a stage in my life where I come to find out that my world collapses, mostly due to this disorder.

If anyone would like to chat about this, I would very much appreciate it.

What exactly are your symptoms?

V

Vidar33

May 14, 2019
What exactly are your symptoms?

About twenty years ago I have been diagnosed with depression and (social) anxiety disorder. Some psychologist even spoke about borderline personality disorder. Though I do tend towards bdp, I never really felt 'ok' with that diagnosis. It didn't fit, except for a few symptoms.

Only recently I have read up about covert (!) narcissism. Well, that was an eye opener.

In short: as a teenager I couldn't speak (stuttering). Didn't get any help with that, unfortunately. Instead I started to work out (gym). I thought I had overcome the stuttering, by building up some physical strength. I looked good! So, I had to feel good, right? Talking about narcissism!

People say that I am charismatic. That makes sense: I do a lot of tv work.

Only recently I had a complete melt down, in the midst of my work. I walked out of the studio. What happened? The last couple of years I have noticed this growing anxiety (again). I felt more distanced from my work. It's getting harder to believe the things I say (during work). I feel like I am only pretending. And at the same time there is this fear of losing that work altogether.

I have no friends. True! I got thousands of Facebook friends. I get email everyday. But I have not one single person that I could call right now.

I have never had any real meaningful relationships. Only now it appears to me, I always chose people because of their looks or any other 'trophy': to compensate for things I thought (sub conciously) I was lacking. Only to throw them out the moment I felt 'alright' again. Or when I thought I had found someone better.

No, I do not want to sound pathetic. It is just my story. But I know I am not the only one who finds himself in this kind of situation. I am not sure if I can 'save' myself. At least I can share my story, so others might be able to learn from it and prevent it from happening to them. Does that make sense?

Reactions: Circles
Rollo

Rollo

No pasaran
Aug 13, 2018
About twenty years ago I have been diagnosed with depression and (social) anxiety disorder. Some psychologist even spoke about borderline personality disorder. Though I do tend towards bdp, I never really felt 'ok' with that diagnosis. It didn't fit, except for a few symptoms.

Only recently I have read up about covert (!) narcissism. Well, that was an eye opener.

In short: as a teenager I couldn't speak (stuttering). Didn't get any help with that, unfortunately. Instead I started to work out (gym). I thought I had overcome the stuttering, by building up some physical strength. I looked good! So, I had to feel good, right? Talking about narcissism!

People say that I am charismatic. That makes sense: I do a lot of tv work.

Only recently I had a complete melt down, in the midst of my work. I walked out of the studio. What happened? The last couple of years I have noticed this growing anxiety (again). I felt more distanced from my work. It's getting harder to believe the things I say (during work). I feel like I am only pretending. And at the same time there is this fear of losing that work altogether.

I have no friends. True! I got thousands of Facebook friends. I get email everyday. But I have not one single person that I could call right now.

I have never had any real meaningful relationships. Only now it appears to me, I always chose people because of their looks or any other 'trophy': to compensate for things I thought (sub conciously) I was lacking. Only to throw them out the moment I felt 'alright' again. Or when I thought I had found someone better.

No, I do not want to sound pathetic. It is just my story. But I know I am not the only one who finds himself in this kind of situation. I am not sure if I can 'save' myself. At least I can share my story, so others might be able to learn from it and prevent it from happening to them. Does that make sense?

Well if you trying to compensate for your stutter by making your body look strong and impressive is narcissism - then all muscle builders are narcissists. They all are trying to look strong to impress others. Which in my view is not neccesarily a healthy aspiration though.

Are you a news anchor? It's actually a part of their job to pretend - no way around it. If an anchor tries to react naturally to things they read - they will quickly be out of work. So that's where your anxiety may originate. Anxiety may be unhealthy, but it may be healthy too. Danger exists in our world.

Looks is important, so nothing neccessarily unhealthy in you choosing opposite gender based on looks. Personally l would filter them based on looks either. It's just to me there are equally important charcter traits that I would filter them for either.

As far as you discarding them when you find someone better - not something I would do. Then again recently I watched a docu about prison rape and a guy, prison rapist, said something I actually agree with him on regarding the principle. He was asked whether he considers raping and having sex with these guys shameful and he answered "no, I don't, because I'm a big believer in that if you consider something shameful - you don't do it".

C

CuriousAboutThis

Uncertainty in life uncertainty for the next life
Dec 30, 2018
Eventually, I will go to a psych evaluation I find it personally unnecessary but it doesn't really matter much let me see supposedly delusional which I find that to be bullshit and I know better about the horrid things I did in the past and the same things that happened to me but let me see anxiety which is being dealt with through therapy and meds went off of duloxentine aka cymbalta now on aripiprazole

Tabbyql

Tabbyql

Chronic people pleaser
Mar 13, 2019
like obviously everyone is depressed but anyone got diagnosed with some stuff like borderline, (vulnerable) narcissim, social avoidance disorder or bipolar etc ?
Diagnosed with borderline personality disorder, still learning what it all is lol.
Obsessive compulsive disorder. All fun yay!

The Whale

The Whale

Error
Mar 18, 2019
Diagnosed with borderline personality disorder since last winter

P

Pepper

May 22, 2019
Major depressive disorder and social anxiety disorder since 2007 or 2008 and borderline personality disorder since 2015, by two different psychiatrists.

bitterness

bitterness

depressed imp
May 25, 2019
well uhm,, im transgender (ftm) so obviously i have gender dysphoria,, no hate to this commENT PLEASE--. and it is a mental disorder!!! that can be treated!!! by respecting my pronouns ahem my ex gf. and obviously major depressive disorder and anxiety disorder.
theyre trying to figure out what else is wrong w me, theyre thinking i either have adhd or am on the spectrum??????????????? which has led to my mother screaming that im a "retard" in the middle of the grocery store woops