• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

KitKat

KitKat

Body Dysmorphic
Dec 8, 2018
Body Dysmorphic Disorder, avoidant personality disorder, and stress with signs of depression.

Reactions: sif, LivedTooLong, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 1 other person
M

MsM3talGamer

Voluntary deletion
Nov 28, 2018
Complex PTSD, GAD, Major Depression, Avoidant Personality Disorder.

Reactions: sif, LivedTooLong, KitKat and 1 other person
azucaramargo

azucaramargo

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2018
Body dismorphic disorder and Aspergers but to be honest they can stick their diagnosis where the sun don't shine
Hahahahahah! That's the spirit!

Reactions: sif
azucaramargo

azucaramargo

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2018
Major Depression and Social Anxiety and now my friends are worried I might have some more undiagnosed problems (most likely Bipolar) but I won't agree with them until an actual psychiatrist tells me that I do have it, and so far of the three I've gone with they've said I don't.
It's nice that you have friends concerned about you.

Reactions: sif
RyanSuicide

RyanSuicide

Student
Jan 7, 2019
Depression (obviously) and social anxiety

Reactions: sif and KitKat
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Been diagnosed with Aspergers since I was a teen. I'm sure there are other things in my life that also haven't been officially diagnosed, but Aspergers alone already is quite a lot to deal with IRL.

Reactions: sif and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
LastDay

LastDay

Soon, my dear big sister
Dec 29, 2018
Uuuuuh let's see
MDD, GAD, BPD, ADHD, and PTSD LMAO

Reactions: sif and Redt2go
T

ThinkingAboutThis

Student
Jan 7, 2019
Yes. I was diagnosed with panic disorder and major depressive disorder. post-traumatic stress disorder, too. The trouble with wanting to ctb and having severe panic disorder is the "what if it fails?" thinking. It's interesting to me how the same condition pushes me towards and pulls me back from ctb at the same time.

Reactions: sif and therhydler
B

Broken

Paragon
Dec 7, 2018
Just depression at the mo but imprettysure I've got an undiagnosed mental disorder

Reactions: sif, therhydler and Redt2go
B

Broken

Paragon
Dec 7, 2018
I just want to no if it's possible for me to recover. I swear professionals do no. They ain't going to tell you if your not curable though are they

T

ThinkingAboutThis

Student
Jan 7, 2019
I just want to no if it's possible for me to recover. I swear professionals do no. They ain't going to tell you if your not curable though are they

Yes, I'd like to know if it is possible to recover. I have had to talk to many people in the trenches who are severely suffering because the professionals do not seem to have answers for me. Once upon a time, I was responding to treatment in an expected fashion. Now, I no longer do. Yet, the professionals still seem to insist that I should respond in a certain way. Makes me feel inadequate as what I am dealing with goes beyond panic disorder, and major depression and ptsd, yet those are the only labels that somehow explain this suffering to some degree.

I wake up with severe adrenaline/cortisol rushes. My first thought is "what am I still doing herre?". But as the day progresses, it gets a bit more tolerable and the desire to ctb fails as the day nears its end. There's such unpredictability to what I am dealing with daily, yet there are people who still depend on me and such. Also, due to a very volatile combination of the medications I am on, a failed attempt could end up in a situation 100 times worse, which scares me. If I try to ctb, I cannot afford to fail. Has to be 100% success.

Last edited:
B

Broken

Paragon
Dec 7, 2018
I just worry that I've caused myself two much emotional damage to recover. 15 years of bad decisions and opportunities to do the right thing from a mentally ok place. If I couldn't get it right when I wasn't emotionally fucked how am I supposed to do it now.

Reactions: sif, therhydler and LivedTooLong
T

ThinkingAboutThis

Student
Jan 7, 2019
I can relate to that a lot. I had experienced such a severe loss of functioning 4 years ago, that I am still in damage control. Being in damage control and feeling like not having any control for 4 years is just downright scary. A lot of damage happened to me between 8 years and 4 years ago, and all those adverse reactions were going off as mini reactions that I somehow wasn't even mentally equipped to understand what in the world was happening to me. I keep telling myself that I should have known, but honestly, I just wasn't mentally equipped to grasp that this sort of suffering is possible. It's not something one can really learn from books, sadly.

Reactions: sif, therhydler, Broken and 1 other person
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
I think that for people asking if it's possible to recover if you have been diagnosed with a mental illness or even if you haven't, the answer is always - it may well be possible. But you will only know if you try. And that often has to come from finding your own way through, doing your own research and finding what works for you.

For example, if you want to try medication, it makes sense to research all different things to find what "fits" with your symptoms and then speak to your doctor. You don't need to be dictated to by a doctor or psychiatrist, you have to take charge. It's your life.

Also, diagnosis for mental illness can often be wrong. It's not an exact science. Every human is totally different.

Some people eg TiredHorse on this site have written some excellent threads on Recovery and what works for them.

Edit: I found what @Partial-Elf has written under Recovery really interesting, too, about changing a whole way of thinking; almost like tilting a kaleidoscope to give you a completely different picture of how life can be. Even if that means changing long-held family values or ingrained beliefs or losing toxic friends or family.

Last edited:
Reactions: therhydler, Broken and Hopeless_soul
B

Broken

Paragon
Dec 7, 2018
I think that for people asking if it's possible to recover if you have been diagnosed with a mental illness or even if you haven't, the answer is always - it may well be possible. But you will only know if you try. And that often has to come from finding your own way through, doing your own research and finding what works for you.

For example, if you want to try medication, it makes sense to research all different things to find what "fits" with your symptoms and then speak to your doctor. You don't need to be dictated to by a doctor or psychiatrist, you have to take charge.

Also, diagnosis for mental illness can often be wrong. It's not an exact science.

Some people eg TiredHorse on this site have written some excellent threads on Recovery and what works for them.
Oh yes I do agree with this. I know only I can dig myself out of this hole. I've learned All by myself through fucking up that my problem is I'm a drug addict. Everything else stems from there. Anger management issues, anxiety, neediness, poor at sustaining friendships relationships, all of that will change in time when cannabis is out of my system. I know when I had people in my life that cared I made so much progression. I nearly became the person I should have been. Quitting drugs was the last piece of the puzzle which I fucked and lost the person that mattered the most. but I guess I had to lose them. There was no other way?

Reactions: therhydler
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
Oh yes I do agree with this. I know only I can dig myself out of this hole. I've learned All by myself through fucking up that my problem is I'm a drug addict. Everything else stems from there. Anger management issues, anxiety, neediness, poor at sustaining friendships relationships, all of that will change in time when cannabis is out of my system. I know when I had people in my life that cared I made so much progression. I nearly became the person I should have been. Quitting drugs was the last piece of the puzzle which I fucked and lost the person that mattered the most. but I guess I had to lose them. There was no other way?

"You've got to go there to come back"
The Stereophonics

Quitting drugs is hard! God, it's bloody hard! You say "it was the last piece of the puzzle" but it was such a difficult thing to try and do - on top of everything else you had achieved. Don't punish yourself over and over for not managing it there and then.

Sometimes in life, yes, we have to lose someone we love and really fcuk up because, and please don't ask me why! but it teaches us something - God knows what?! But something that we need for later. It may be that ten years from now your best friend will be desperate and you will find the words to help them from something you learned.

Life is so weird! Have a hug! (Whether you want it or not!)

Edit: and drug addiction doesn't make you a and person x anyone, anywhere can get an addiction.

T

ThinkingAboutThis

Student
Jan 7, 2019
If I had a chance of living my life again, I would have not accepted any medications even if someone paid me to do it. They did not cure/solve/treat any of my problems and over time made things far worse. At best they masked some of my issues. At worst, they actually made me disabled and suicidal in the first place.

Kuba

Kuba

God still keeps me in life
Dec 4, 2018
schizoid personality disorder here :)

B

Broken

Paragon
Dec 7, 2018
The Stereophonics

Quitting drugs is hard! God, it's bloody hard! You say "it was the last piece of the puzzle" but it was such a difficult thing to try and do - on top of everything else you had achieved. Don't punish yourself over and over for not managing it there and then.

Sometimes in life, yes, we have to lose someone we love and really fcuk up because, and please don't ask me why! but it teaches us something - God knows what?! But something that we need for later. It may be that ten years from now your best friend will be desperate and you will find the words to help them from something you learned.

Edit: and drug addiction doesn't make you a and person x anyone, anywhere can get an addiction.
Thanks for the hug! It's honestly the toughest lesson I've ever had to learn in my life. Breaking trust and letting someone down and not being able to repair it hurts like hell.

B

Broken

Paragon
Dec 7, 2018
The Stereophonics

Thanks for the hug! It's honestly the toughest lesson I've ever had to learn in my life. Breaking trust and letting someone down and not being able to repair it hurts like hell.

B

Broken

Paragon
Dec 7, 2018
The Stereophonics

B

Broken

Paragon
Dec 7, 2018
Lol I pressed that send button a few to many times

J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019

But you've learned it good and proper now, I bet! Which means in your next relationship with the right person you have the potential to be amazing, loyal, trustworthy and deserving of their love.

- and I keep doing the same with the post reply button :-)

B

Broken

Paragon
Dec 7, 2018
I can relate to that a lot. I had experienced such a severe loss of functioning 4 years ago, that I am still in damage control. Being in damage control and feeling like not having any control for 4 years is just downright scary. A lot of damage happened to me between 8 years and 4 years ago, and all those adverse reactions were going off as mini reactions that I somehow wasn't even mentally equipped to understand what in the world was happening to me. I keep telling myself that I should have known, but honestly, I just wasn't mentally equipped to grasp that this sort of suffering is possible. It's not something one can really learn from books, sadly.
Yes I can relate to this. I have beaten myself up for months for my mistake. But I was out of control. I was in way to deep to ever see that my actions were going to lead to my unhappiness. It was a lesson I had to learn. Haha the amount of mistakes I've made I suppose I did quite well to get to 31 years Before one of them had severe consequences.

Reactions: therhydler and Redt2go
T

ThinkingAboutThis

Student
Jan 7, 2019
Yes I can relate to this. I have beaten myself up for months for my mistake. But I was out of control. I was in way to deep to ever see that my actions were going to lead to my unhappiness. It was a lesson I had to learn. Haha the amount of mistakes I've made I suppose I did quite well to get to 31 years Before one of them had severe consequences.

It was/has been different for me. Arriving in a situation where whatever I did didn't have any clear path to getting better. Whatever I did could have been deadly and inaction would have been deadly, too. Four years later, and it's still so horrible that many times death seems like an only way out. I remember being 31 and there was nothing back then that could prepare me for what would be coming some years later. Absolutely nothing. And I'd gone through quite a share of traumatic events by my early 30's.

It's for this reason that this community is probably the only place where anyone can even remotely relate to what I'd been through. It's something at the very least, and I am thankful for that.

Reactions: sif, therhydler and Redt2go
C

CuriousAboutThis

Uncertainty in life uncertainty for the next life
Dec 30, 2018
Been diagnosed with multiple mental illnesses. BPD, major depression with psychotic features, social anxiety, panic disorder, and anorexia.
Hm, sounds similar to my situation not exactly but in reality it is just ourselves and others that ruin it for us genetics for me I don't like having to feel insecure about myself because of other people someone here how shall I live this world? For myself, family, and friends, why? For community and or society? What is like for those of you who truly want to CTB for those who are serious about it?

Last edited:
V

Vidar33

May 14, 2019
Covert narcissist. Textbook one. Male, mid 40's.

And now I am at a stage in my life where I come to find out that my world collapses, mostly due to this disorder.

If anyone would like to chat about this, I would very much appreciate it.

Reactions: Circles and Random