• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

melancholymallory03

melancholymallory03

Do cats live nine lives ? Or do humans ⏰
Feb 20, 2024
I don't want to live on this medication .
It's not helping and it's a big inconvenience considering the withdrawal comes on suddenly , and intensely for me. Making me feel like a big ,ball of sadness. Quite the … Debby downer … but I suppose this is really who I am? Or am meant to be?

Anyone have experience stopping setraline ? Should I see a doctor ? Or can I ween off on my own ?
I'm afraid doctor will recommend against it

Also these medications are expensive and must be paid for where I am currently. For me to go back home to get them it's extra

Problem is my functioning goes down quite intensively , and I bed rot almost right away.

I just wanna go off these meds so I can get to the root of the problem ….. and strengthen my planning towards the end . These meds give me false hope , which I really , really don't appreciate.

Once again I'm staring at them, if I don't take them my brain will ZAP soon.

Any recommendations to stopping them fast ?
I feel imprisoned , I like having control. This feels awful.

Please suggestions

milkovich

milkovich

Apr 10, 2024
I would definitely suggest talking to a doctor about going off or switching medications. Depending on your dose & how long you've been on it, you can get some side effects from stopping suddenly. SSRIs can definitely be terrible medications & I had a bad experience with sertraline myself, but suddenly stopping may make you feel worse. I hope you can come off of it easily & get back to feeling more in control!!

JaJu

JaJu

Apr 3, 2024
I remember brain zaps... I had taken Sertraline for only a few weeks before switching to a different medication, but I did still transition off Sertraline with the guidance from my doctor.

melancholymallory03

melancholymallory03

Feb 20, 2024
I would definitely suggest talking to a doctor about going off or switching medications. Depending on your dose & how long you've been on it, you can get some side effects from stopping suddenly. SSRIs can definitely be terrible medications & I had a bad experience with sertraline myself, but suddenly stopping may make you feel worse. I hope you can come off of it easily & get back to feeling more in control!!
I'm on 75 mg and I'm a 130-40 pound female idk if this matters?

I had to infrease for a while to 100 then I went back down to 75 , I missed two doses as I'm speaking , about to take them because they are staring at me dutifully
I feel trapped

I wish my parents hadn't medicated me so young, i just think it changed my brain chemistry somehow ..::(
I was on sertraline between 2022-23 - came off it after finding it useless, it's a very blank medication
Were you sick when you came off it ?

Do you experience any stomach acid ? Or acid reflux ?

What do you mean blank , just wondering ? 🧡

I feel like it just only helps with productivity or any adhd symptoms that may be going on.

I can still cry on it , just not as easily
Without it , I cry 10-15 times a day , super easily.
I remember brain zaps... I had taken Sertraline for only a few weeks before switching to a different medication, but I did still transition off Sertraline with the guidance from my doctor.
These brain zaps …. So disturbing honestly !! I'm sorry you went through that too:( I wish side effects weren't so bad like …..

Why did you make the decision to finally stop it?

milkovich

milkovich

Apr 10, 2024
I'm on 75 mg and I'm a 130-40 pound female idk if this matters?
75 mg should be fairly easy to wean off of. I'd still recommend talking to a doctor if possible bc they're more likely to give you the best way to do it for your specific situation, especially if you're on any other meds or have physical health conditions. Any competent doctor would definitely help you wean off if you told them it made your depression worse, but not everyone has access to competent health care so. What I would recommend based on how I've been weaned off of SSRIs before is that you move down a dose about once a week, longer if you've been on it for a long time. For sertraline, the next smallest dose will be 50 mg, which is the smallest adult dose. I'd recommend doing a week at 25 mg as well even though it's a pediatric dose. Make sure you're taking it at the same time every day, and it should only take a few weeks to wean off with minimal side effects.

Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
It's not helping and it's a big inconvenience considering the withdrawal comes on suddenly , and intensely for me. Making me feel like a big ,ball of sadness. Quite the … Debby downer … but I suppose this is really who I am? Or am meant to be?

Anyone have experience stopping setraline ? Should I see a doctor ? Or can I ween off on my own ?

Also these medications are expensive and must be paid for where I am currently. For me to go back home to get them it's extra

Problem is my functioning goes down quite intensively , and I bed rot almost right away.

I just wanna go off these meds so I can get to the root of the problem ….. and strengthen my planning towards the end . These meds give me false hope , which I really , really don't appreciate.

Please suggestions
It destroys you. I was on 100mg for about 6 months. Side effects:

- massive headaches (especially towards right temple and frontal region which manages emotions)
- violent stomach aches
- no energy
- lack of appetite
- unable to sleep at all
- sore muscles and joints

It took about 2-3 months to come off them gradually. Daily would turn to every 2 days. Then every 4 days, etc.

And I never take medication. Haven't done in 30+ years. I think my body fights medication hard because of how artificial it is.

JaJu

JaJu

Apr 3, 2024
These brain zaps …. So disturbing honestly !! I'm sorry you went through that too:( I wish side effects weren't so bad like …..

Why did you make the decision to finally stop it?
They really are a huge annoyance. Like being electrically shocked with a quick dose of buzzing, pin-sharp, targeted headache every few moments.

I think with all of the medications I've tried, I never felt any significant difference (aside from the side effects) from taking it.. which is why I thought it would be best for me to discontinue while it's still easy to.

I wish my parents hadn't medicated me so young, i just think it changed my brain chemistry somehow ..::(
I think a part of me also stopped medications because I was paranoid of this. I also didn't want to become dependent on meds.

- massive headaches (especially towards right temple and frontal region which manages emotions)
- violent stomach aches
- no energy
- lack of appetite
- unable to sleep at all

It took about 2-3 months to come off them gradually. Daily would turn to every 2 days. Then every 4 days, etc.

And I never take medication. Haven't done in 30+ years. I think my body fights medication hard because of how artificial it is.
I also was on 100mg, but only for around a month for testing. Glad I went off of it before experiencing any more of those symptoms..

That's another reason why I stopped medications—I wanted my body to be free from all of the artificial stuff as it wasn't even doing anything beneficial for me anyway.

Last edited:
melancholymallory03

melancholymallory03

Feb 20, 2024
They really are a huge annoyance. Like being electrically shocked with a quick dose of buzzing, pin-sharp, targeted headache every few moments.

I think with all of the medications I've tried, I never felt any significant difference (aside from the side effects) from taking it.. which is why I thought it would be best for me to discontinue while it's still easy to.

I think a part of me also stopped medications because I was paranoid of this. I also didn't want to become dependent on meds.

I also was on 100mg, but only for around a month for testing. Glad I went off of it before experiencing any more of those symptoms..

That's another reason why I stopped medications—I wanted my body to be free from all of the artificial stuff as it wasn't even doing anything beneficial for me anyway.
Yes and yes. I swear all the different medications can't be helpful ….

- violent stomach aches
- no energy
- lack of appetite
- unable to sleep at all

Omg thank you! Yes!! I have no appetite unless I smoke to extremes …which I can't even do right now because of a cold side effects I'm dealing with , so losing weight fast and feeling weak
And I'm also having extreme slee difficulties
Sometimes I have no energy, sometimes I have too much energy …
And yes I have acid reflux I'm not sure if it's from the medication 💊 or aDrenaline due to all the panic attacks
I'm happy you were able to get off medication! This is great news!! 🕊️💜
It's really no way to live for most people ,…. especially if you're already experiencing harsh side effects , it feels so death sentency
I just wanna grip on reality I feel like I'm fucking up rn

Last edited:
milkovich

milkovich

Apr 10, 2024
Does trazodon cause any similar effects?
Trazodone is an SARI instead of an SSRI, so how it works & its side effects are a little different. Ime it didn't affect my mood at all, but it made me super dizzy & gave me nightmares. It is a sedative though, so that effect might be similar to the lack of energy from sertraline

• Informative
Reactions: melancholymallory03
melancholymallory03

melancholymallory03

Feb 20, 2024
Does trazodon cause any similar effects?
These were counteractive for me,
They were prescribed when I was around 15 for sleeping and insomnia but all they really did was make me feel uberrr relaxed like comparable to an Ativan or a Xanax , mind you I might have a bit of a tolerance ….

They are classified for depression I think but they are prescribed for sleep for some people , so depending on why you were prescribed them maybe the results may vary ….
I just wish the side effects were non existent for all medications :( it fucks me up

aiki__0

aiki__0

Sep 18, 2023
I'm convinced Sertraline is just a lobotomy in a pill. Not even joking.
When I was on it, I gained 20lbs within a month, felt like a controlled robot, would constantly black out in public, I would be tired literally all the time and no amount of sleep could help me feel better, I use to clench my jaw a lot and its fucked up my jaw permanently.
Quitting cold turkey was pretty easy for me, but if you need to wean off them, do that. If you know this medication is making you worse, don't take it, don't listen to your doctor.

milkovich

milkovich

Apr 10, 2024
These were counteractive for me,
They were prescribed when I was around 15 for sleeping and insomnia but all they really did was make me feel uberrr relaxed like comparable to an Ativan or a Xanax , mind you I might have a bit of a tolerance ….

They are classified for depression I think but they are prescribed for sleep for some people , so depending on why you were prescribed them maybe the results may vary ….
I just wish the side effects were non existent for all medications :( it fucks me up
It's interesting that they made you feel relaxed like Ativan! I was on trazodone last year for insomnia & it didn't help me sleep or relax at all. Meanwhile Ativan knocks me out & I don't remember anything for like 12 hours lol. Always very interesting to me how different people react to the same medication

• Love
melancholymallory03

melancholymallory03

Feb 20, 2024
I'm convinced Sertraline is just a lobotomy in a pill. Not even joking.
When I was on it, I gained 20lbs within a month, felt like a controlled robot, would constantly black out in public, I would be tired literally all the time and no amount of sleep could help me feel better, I use to clench my jaw a lot and its fucked up my jaw permanently.
Quitting cold turkey was pretty easy for me, but if you need to wean off them, do that. If you know this medication is making you worse, don't take it, don't listen to your doctor.
Omg are we living the same life? Jk lmao … but so so so so relatable !!!!

I might have to wean off them because I'm a bit sensitive to medications it seems , and I don't wanna crisis and overflow emotions/ be hospitalized … because when I'm hospitalized sometimes it's a little traumatic dealing with the police coming , and then saying in the emergency room for hours, I'm talking 10-12-15 hours sometimes in a room isolated or surrounded by people with severe ailments crying out for help that make me feel disgusted by myself for even taking up space to begin with

I might have to book an appt soon , I don't wanna talk to them though. Most mental health professionals I've dealt with have been pretty deceitful …. And kind of cold with me.
It's interesting that they made you feel relaxed like Ativan! I was on trazodone last year for insomnia & it didn't help me sleep or relax at all. Meanwhile Ativan knocks me out & I don't remember anything for like 12 hours lol. Always very interesting to me how different people react to the same medication
Omg yes that is interesting 🧐

I'm not sure why trazadone kinda got me high for some reason 😂 I'll admit :… I wasn't taking it properly …..

Ativan is like a wet dream but super hard to get, could probably use it like a PRN OR rpn whatever those ones they give you in the psych ward for panic attacks? I think they are afraid I'll become dependant because of having an " addictive personality "
My stomach burns just thinking about medications dammit😭🤢

milkovich

milkovich

Apr 10, 2024
Ativan is like a wet dream but super hard to get, could probably use it like a PRN OR rpn whatever those ones they give you in the psych ward for panic attacks?
They actually gave me ativan in the hospital after I oded on sertraline (do not recommend lol) & the dose is HIGH. Makes me feel great for about half an hour & then I don't remember the rest of the day. I'm not sure what you mean by prn or rpn?? The psych wards I've been in just give hydroxyzine or ativan pills for panic attacks. Or the ativan shot ig if you're violent

melancholymallory03

melancholymallory03

Feb 20, 2024
They actually gave me ativan in the hospital after I oded on sertraline (do not recommend lol) & the dose is HIGH. Makes me feel great for about half an hour & then I don't remember the rest of the day. I'm not sure what you mean by prn or rpn?? The psych wards I've been in just give hydroxyzine or ativan pills for panic attacks. Or the ativan shot ig if you're violent
Not the shot😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

etherealspring

etherealspring

can someone just kill me already
Mar 27, 2024
i stopped taking sertraline on my own after a few months. hardly did anything, and i wasnt affected when i stopped. i dont think theres any point in trying another medication, i dont think it'll make a difference anyway

salviap

salviap

salvia
Apr 7, 2024
oh lord, sertraline.
i've been prescribed sertraline for about five years now and was on and off (cold turkey) as my psychiatrist wasn't aware. i started on 25 i believe, then was upped to 50, then 100, then back to 50, and then now i am currently on 75.
going cold turkey off sertraline has given me the worst flu-like symptoms, especially those brain zaps. i'd definitely talk to my psychiatrist.

DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

Desperate to go--
Mar 14, 2024

Please suggestions
That one is particularly hard to get off of. It's notorious. I don't know what dose you are on so it may be easier for you, but I was on 400mg. He told me how to ween off but I was too impatient to try a different med so it took like 3-4 days of horrible zaps, nausea, vertigo etc. I wouldn't recommend it. You dont have to go as slowly as they'd like, but I went off cold turkey and it was a bitch. Just depends on your situation and how much risk and discomfort you're willing to go through. I didn't have to pay for mine thankfully. I was also like at least 180lbs for a 4'11" female so take that into account. Dont know how long you've been on zoloft either. It helped me but some it doesn't. I also think generics play a role even though they're not supposed to... I think I had name brand. Don't recall. But zoloft and prozac have been known to "poop out" on you after a long period and just stop working. Good luck.

Old Friend

Old Friend

Sleep well, Airstrip One.
Sep 24, 2023
Setraline made me feel numb. It took the edge off emotions, positive and negative but I didn't function any better ultimately. Also, it kills hornyness.

And no kidding about the brain zaps when coming off it abruptly. Make sure you taper.

ForgottenAgain

ForgottenAgain

On the rollercoaster of sadness
Oct 17, 2023
I stopped sertraline on my own some weeks ago. I was on 200mg daily and stopped by doing 100mg for one week and then nothing, so it was very fast. I experienced withdrawal symptoms like dizziness every day from lunch time until the end of day, some nausea, depression/crying a lot. Wouldn't recommend doing what I did but I was tired of having 0 libido, which was killing my relationship, and also tired of the weight I gained which affected my self esteem.

If you feel the meds aren't working, no need to keep at it. I'm not even sure if they helped me or if it was just placebo.
Speak with a psychiatrist if you can so you can wean off them slowly. If you don't have a psychiatrist, like I didn't and no one cared, then I'd recommend following the weaning off advice of another member here.

Sorry that Sertraline has been bad for you, you're not alone.

Hated By All

Hated By All

Death will give me peace
Sep 21, 2022
I only took two tablets of 100mg Sertraline, I felt the symptoms instantly, I had a dizziness and It did something to ejaculation/sex drive. I still have it but I don't take it because of the side effects. It was given after my last suicide attempt.

Last edited:
C

conflagration

Student
Jul 29, 2022
Never stop antidepressants quickly - if you do it you are asking for brain damage. Those medications are extremely physically addictive, thing doctors aren't disclosing for their patients. On what dose are you and how long have you been taking setraline?

melancholymallory03

melancholymallory03

Feb 20, 2024
I

ilovemydog

Dec 15, 2021
After about 6 years of taking it daily, I stopped one day (about 2 months ago) and never took it again. Psilocybin/shrooms helped with this transition. I'm not giving medical advice but that's just the way I did it. I was unhappy on sertraline and I'm unhappy off of sertraline

melancholymallory03

melancholymallory03

Feb 20, 2024
After about 6 years of taking it daily, I stopped one day (about 2 months ago) and never took it again. Psilocybin/shrooms helped with this transition. I'm not giving medical advice but that's just the way I did it. I was unhappy on sertraline and I'm unhappy off of sertraline
I'm having a similar experience

I think I'm too neurotic to take so much setrraline like it's supposed to help with that , but it dosent ?

Also yes , the truth teller - aka-mushrooms
It's amazing how it works wonders for some people, including myself- although it's not enough . If you're anything aware of what's going on in the world it probably won't be enough. For some reason it teaches me things though that have been extremely reflective and valuable to my life, at first you may feel nauseous or yawn a lot but I swear if you can get past that , awakenings happen. Some of these revelations made me wanna ctb even more though

• Love
Reactions: ilovemydog
I

ilovemydog

Dec 15, 2021
I'm having a similar experience

I think I'm too neurotic to take so much setrraline like it's supposed to help with that , but it dosent ?

Also yes , the truth teller - aka-mushrooms
It's amazing how it works wonders for some people, including myself- although it's not enough . If you're anything aware of what's going on in the world it probably won't be enough. For some reason it teaches me things though that have been extremely reflective and valuable to my life, at first you may feel nauseous or yawn a lot but I swear if you can get past that , awakenings happen. Some of these revelations made me wanna ctb even more though
I can tell you're full of empathy and therefore pain. I'm sorry for what you're going through, wish I could make it better ❤️‍🩹

• Hugs