• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

A

another_user

Apr 16, 2024
If you are on a high dose then it will be difficult to come off but it is possible, please don't stop suddenly because it can make you really ill.

I came off venlafaxine by switching to fluoxetine which had a less side effects for me so it could be a route to discuss with your dr. I also took antisickness and anti-migraine tablets during that time and still take the anti-migraine now.

I used to get crackling in my head, muscle twitching, migraines and vomiting when trying to reduce the venlafaxine dose even a bit so switching to fluoxetine was the only way to come off it for me.

Reactions: melancholymallory03
M

MarkSmith73

Apr 14, 2024
I don't want to live on this medication .
It's not helping and it's a big inconvenience considering the withdrawal comes on suddenly , and intensely for me. Making me feel like a big ,ball of sadness. Quite the … Debby downer … but I suppose this is really who I am? Or am meant to be?

Anyone have experience stopping setraline ? Should I see a doctor ? Or can I ween off on my own ?
I'm afraid doctor will recommend against it

Also these medications are expensive and must be paid for where I am currently. For me to go back home to get them it's extra

Problem is my functioning goes down quite intensively , and I bed rot almost right away.

I just wanna go off these meds so I can get to the root of the problem ….. and strengthen my planning towards the end . These meds give me false hope , which I really , really don't appreciate.

Once again I'm staring at them, if I don't take them my brain will ZAP soon.

Any recommendations to stopping them fast ?
I feel imprisoned , I like having control. This feels awful.

Please suggestions
I never took that but am currently taking fairly heavy dose of Seroquel. It is very sedating and for me calms my mind down and helps me sleep and with daily activities.

• Aww..
D

DavidInternet

Jan 3, 2024
I don't want to live on this medication .
It's not helping and it's a big inconvenience considering the withdrawal comes on suddenly , and intensely for me. Making me feel like a big ,ball of sadness. Quite the … Debby downer … but I suppose this is really who I am? Or am meant to be?

Anyone have experience stopping setraline ? Should I see a doctor ? Or can I ween off on my own ?
I'm afraid doctor will recommend against it

Also these medications are expensive and must be paid for where I am currently. For me to go back home to get them it's extra

Problem is my functioning goes down quite intensively , and I bed rot almost right away.

I just wanna go off these meds so I can get to the root of the problem ….. and strengthen my planning towards the end . These meds give me false hope , which I really , really don't appreciate.

Once again I'm staring at them, if I don't take them my brain will ZAP soon.

Any recommendations to stopping them fast ?
I feel imprisoned , I like having control. This feels awful.

Please suggestions
I'm a slave to Sertraline too. I was talked into going on it, and now I've been taking it for years.

It's only quite mild compared to Valium and other anti-depressants as I understand it. Might be worth just cutting it out. I often wonder if it's just one big racket between the doctors and Big Pharma.

Some days I don't take it, as I became an alcoholic during the pandemic, and when I go off on one, all that goes out of the window. I don't notice much difference, but that could be because the booze cancels out the effect of the Sertraline.

• Love
N

NeverGonnaEscape

Mar 23, 2024
I was on maximum dose of Sertraline for several years. It never did much for me other than make it very easy to fall asleep and kill my sex drive. I went cold turkey off it maybe a year ago and never really noticed any side-effects other than it becoming difficult to fall asleep again, and my desire to jerk off at least once a day returning. Other people report more significant side effects, so this is probably just a fluke.

If I could do it over again, I'd have kept on the Sertraline just for the quicker time to fall asleep. It can be annoying tossing and turning in bed. But there's no way I'm going through the hoops of doctors and counseling and other shit again just for a glorified sleeping pill, especially when at this point I just want to CTB.