• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
If I live out my life, I will degrade because of my illnesses. I will become a shadow of a shadow. Then i'll die alone and pathetic.

If I die soon, i'll prevent that fate and retain some honor and dignity that only dwindles by the day like sand in an hourglass.

Last edited:
A

Arthaniel

Oct 20, 2020
If I live out my life, I will degrade because of my illnesses. I will become a shadow of a shadow. Then i'll die alone and pathetic.

If I die soon, i'll prevent that fate and retain some honor and dignity that only dwindles by the day like sand in an hourglass.
It is honorable only to myself, because I do not see honor in life by force myself to get tired every day.

profoundexperience

profoundexperience

You can feel the punishment but you cant commit ts
Jun 29, 2020
The "default" thing to do is to "hold
on to the bitter end" and "let nature take its course". No intelligence or courage is required to follow the "default" path.

The "intelligent" thing to do is to ruthlessly minimize suffering (comprehensively including all aspects of it, which includes the effects on others and the suffering involved in an individual's loss of dignity).

The "courageous" thing to do is to "know what must be done" and then to "just do it".

"Honor", to me, implies following the standards that others have set and depends highly on the culture of the moment. As I don't really respect others' transitory beliefs/judgments... I don't think doing the "honorable thing" is so important... but that's just me.

Last edited:
A

AintNoWayOut

Student
Jan 6, 2020
yeah, i dont get why people insist things will always get better. i dont see how i'd be happier than i am now at 70, especially seeing how my physical issues would worsen. god i cant even imagine suffering for that much longer, i'd much rather just end it all young and spare myself the inevitable bullshit that my future would be.

i guess it'd be honorable in the sense that im honoring my best interests and freeing myself of more pain.

Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
For me, honour definitely does come into it, although it's not the only reason. Why should I be subject to the degradations of life? I think I don't deserve to suffer the "whips and scorns of time", the proud man's contumely", and the "thousand natural shocks that flesh is heir to", as Shakespeare so eloquently put it. No thanks.

profoundexperience

profoundexperience

You can feel the punishment but you cant commit ts
Jun 29, 2020
"Honor", to me, implies following the standards that others have set
honorable in the sense that im honoring my best interests
For me, honour definitely does come into it, ... Why should I be subject to the degradations of life?
I guess there are at least two types of "honor" at play here:
  1. "Societal honor" = like honor in the sense used by the military... or we often call judges, "your honor".
  2. "Personal honor" = showing honesty/integrity to yourself and your personal beliefs/"code".

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Absolutely, the whole notion of dying on one's own terms is to be able to control the nature and manner of how one dies rather than leaving it up to outside circumstances. Furthermore, I value dignity so I would rather have a dignified exit (if possible) rather than let outside factors or nature take care of it.