• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

nopointofliving

nopointofliving

Warrior
Apr 19, 2021
Hello everyone,

I'm thinking to give life a chance for one month or two. I have an exam on 21st of June. I want to study for that and do other things as well.

I'd love that someone would join me in this one month study /work, we can encourage and support each other this way. I'll use my wall to share my progress.

Shadowrider

Shadowrider

Student
Jan 26, 2021
Wow! Great idea. Some motivation to keep us alive!
Count me in! I have no exams to take, but have some plans - mostly about learning shell script and maybe repeat the basics of MySQL.

MYStERY_Man

MYStERY_Man

The 't' is silent
Jul 15, 2020
Sure, why not?

I was doing the CS50x and got stuck in Week 8. This week I'm doing a live/free/introductory webdev thing that I hope will get me inspired to finish that one.

Also, I haven't been able to keep up my study schedule for the university entrance exam I want to take later this year, so I'll try to go back on track next week.

I should also study/play poker and the guitar. I've been playing the guitar, but my sessions usually go like: fire up Rocksmith, do 2 exercises, play "21 Guns". I should find some time to move forward from there.

nopointofliving

nopointofliving

Warrior
Apr 19, 2021
Wow! Great idea. Some motivation to keep us alive!
Count me in! I have no exams to take, but have some plans - mostly about learning shell script and maybe repeat the basics of MySQL.
Hey there...
Shell scripting (bash) is also included in my exam. If you need any help, please tell me. I'm also familiar with mysql. Let's do it :)
Sure, why not?

I was doing the CS50x and got stuck in Week 8. This week I'm doing a live/free/introductory webdev thing that I hope will get me inspired to finish that one.

Also, I haven't been able to keep up my study schedule for the university entrance exam I want to take later this year, so I'll try to go back on track next week.

I should also study/play poker and the guitar. I've been playing the guitar, but my sessions usually go like: fire up Rocksmith, do 2 exercises, play "21 Guns". I should find some time to move forward from there.
That's interesting. I wish you all the best for your study. Something helps me to keep up is Pomodoro Technique. It goes like this: you study/work for 25 min and have a break for 5min, or you can study/work for 50 min and rest for 10 min, and keep repeating the sessions. If you feel well, you can study for 4 sessions. If you don't feel well, just do one session of 25 min. You don't have to work hard daily. Take it easy, one step at time, there is no need to rush, it's like flying to sky or falling in love *a song* :hihi::hug:

Last edited:
B

BlankUser

Mage
Apr 24, 2021
That's what I do now. I'm giving myself another chance. Even though I don't study, I try to improve my life in other ways. I set my date to ctb - August. It's really hard, but meanwhile I can try. I wish you all the best and I'm glad you're giving yourself another chance.

L

luten

work, love, and learn
Feb 25, 2021
the last three weeks was really bad for me, I really thought it was the end, still do. A client wants me to do a web development project, which will take about a month, I said I will give them an answer by tomorrow, still dont know if I am able of doing so. I haven't done big projects in a while.

Recently I started to feel very depressed about my age, so a client phoned early this week, she had to give me her username which ended in 38, she made a joke "that is my age!", she is almost 70. I said that's coincidentally my age, she said it is the perfect age, I said, actually it is not.

So many "hints" coming my way, yet I am not superstitious.

Maybe a month of recovery

Shadowrider

Shadowrider

Student
Jan 26, 2021
Hey there...
Shell scripting (bash) is also included in my exam. If you need any help, please tell me. I'm also familiar with mysql. Let's do it :)
Yeah, this makes it even better :) Thank you for being willing to help!
I am somewhat familiar with the syntax, just need some refreshment - after that, maybe some exercises - just to see things in action - will be necessary I guess.
Thanx again!

L

luten

work, love, and learn
Feb 25, 2021
That's what I do now. I'm giving myself another chance. Even though I don't study, I try to improve my life in other ways. I set my date to ctb - August. It's really hard, but meanwhile I can try. I wish you all the best and I'm glad you're giving yourself another chance.
did you get your inositol refill? i started my first dose today

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Hello, dear.

The 21 one is my lucky number so, I bet you'll June 21st will be an awesome day because I'm already sending you my good vibes haha.

I'm also giving life a shot but I don't know until when.

Hugs and love,

Matt

• Hugs
Reactions: nopointofliving
nopointofliving

nopointofliving

Warrior
Apr 19, 2021
the last three weeks was really bad for me, I really thought it was the end, still do. A client wants me to do a web development project, which will take about a month, I said I will give them an answer by tomorrow, still dont know if I am able of doing so. I haven't done big projects in a while.

Recently I started to feel very depressed about my age, so a client phoned early this week, she had to give me her username which ended in 38, she made a joke "that is my age!", she is almost 70. I said that's coincidentally my age, she said it is the perfect age, I said, actually it is not.

So many "hints" coming my way, yet I am not superstitious.

Maybe a month of recovery
I do feel you. It happened to me 2 months ago. A client messaged me, he wanted to build an e store. I wasn't feeling well, and I told him: "I really wish to serve you but I have some personal issues and I cant do this project too quickly. I'm really sorry". And surprisingly, he replied: "I respect your time and your personal life, and I'm not in rush. You can do this project at any time you want". It's still going on, because he didn't provide me with all needed information.

The offer you got seems big, and it can make some money for you, it's hard to reject, but you can be honest with that lady (she seems nice btw); just tell her that you might take longer time doing the project but you will try your best. You can work on it for short time daily. And I'm sure soon enough, you will complete this project successfully.

I'll be 29 in July, and I feel awful, too old, not perfect age. But you know, who cares?!! let's give our work our best then we can discuss age thing. Thinking about our age only gets us moving backward. For me, I'm already losing, and it is enough losing. I'll do whatever I can and let the result take care of themselves.

Sending you tons of love and hugs <3

• Hugs
Reactions: Shadowrider
S

sm20

Student
May 5, 2021
Hello everyone,

I'm thinking to give life a chance for one month or two. I have an exam on 21st of June. I want to study for that and do other things as well.

I'd love that someone would join me in this one month study /work, we can encourage and support each other this way. I'll use my wall to share my progress.
I'm basically forced to wait and see how I recover from some health issues because I can't order sn yet. My ears are hypersensitive to noise which will heal eventually and my hands/wrists are having a lot of inflammation issues so I shouldn't even by typing really but I'll see how I improve in a month.

• Hugs
nopointofliving

nopointofliving

Warrior
Apr 19, 2021
Nah: I think it's been trash from the start
It's okay, I do understand how you feel about it. Hug you tight <3
Hello, dear.

The 21 one is my lucky number so, I bet you'll June 21st will be an awesome day because I'm already sending you my good vibes haha.

I'm also giving life a shot but I don't know until when.

Hugs and love,

Matt
I'm getting all the blessings and love from you. Yeah, I'm winning :)

thank you Matt, you inspire me <3
I'm basically forced to wait and see how I recover from some health issues because I can't order sn yet. My ears are hypersensitive to noise which will heal eventually and my hands/wrists are having a lot of inflammation issues so I shouldn't even by typing really but I'll see how I improve in a month.
I'm really sorry you had to pass through this. I know life can be very unjust to many of us. I wish you a quick recovery. And you're never alone. Please take your time, and any step you make forward is a great achievement. Sending you many hugs <3

Last edited:
Reactions: PoofLoop:P
L

luten

work, love, and learn
Feb 25, 2021
I do feel you. It happened to me 2 months ago. A client messaged me, he wanted to build an e store. I wasn't feeling well, and I told him: "I really wish to serve you but I have some personal issues and I cant do this project too quickly. I'm really sorry". And surprisingly, he replied: "I respect your time and your personal life, and I'm not in rush. You can do this project at any time you want". It's still going on, because he didn't provide me with all needed information.

The offer you got seems big, and it can make some money for you, it's hard to reject, but you can be honest with that lady (she seems nice btw); just tell her that you might take longer time doing the project but you will try your best. You can work on it for short time daily. And I'm sure soon enough, you will complete this project successfully.

I'll be 29 in July, and I feel awful, too old, not perfect age. But you know, who cares?!! let's give our work our best then we can discuss age thing. Thinking about our age only gets us moving backward. For me, I'm already losing, and it is enough losing. I'll do whatever I can and let the result take care of themselves.

Sending you tons of love and hugs <3
thank you for your reply. Your client seems nice. Unfortunately this company got their business coach involved in this project, and a content creator. I had a video conference call with them on Monday. I usually do not want to work with too many people when it comes to web development, especially not if they are non-technical people, they may end-up sending me into different directions. They also not able to give me a clear picture of the exact requirements....

I do not like working with my clients' business coach, they always take the easy part, while getting paid almost the same amount of money as the person who actually does the work.

Yes, I need the money.....but I am also mentally drained, unfortunately I cannot mention my health problems.

So tomorrow morning I will most probably send them a no thank you note, or say yes, without thinking about it too much, and just see what happens.

• Hugs
shush

shush

can you find me space inside your bleeding heart?
Aug 16, 2020
I've been giving life another chance for the past five years, I'm just procrastinating at this point, i know the time will come. I'm happy for you though, sending you good vibes.

Last edited:
nopointofliving

nopointofliving

Warrior
Apr 19, 2021
thank you for your reply. Your client seems nice. Unfortunately this company got their business coach involved in this project, and a content creator. I had a video conference call with them on Monday. I usually do not want to work with too many people when it comes to web development, especially not if they are non-technical people, they may end-up sending me into different directions. They also not able to give me a clear picture of the exact requirements....

I do not like working with my clients' business coach, they always take the easy part, while getting paid almost the same amount of money as the person who actually does the work.

Yes, I need the money.....but I am also mentally drained, unfortunately I cannot mention my health problems.

So tomorrow morning I will most probably send them a no thank you note, or say yes, without thinking about it too much, and just see what happens.
Hello Luten,
sorry for the late response. Did you really cancel the offer?
I hope you feel better now. Nothing can be more important than your health is. Please take care of yourself. Hugs <3
I've been giving life another chance for the past five years, I'm just procrastinating at this point, i know the time will come. I'm happy for you though, sending you good vibes.
I do feel you. I appreciate your support <3

L

luten

work, love, and learn
Feb 25, 2021
Hello Luten,
sorry for the late response. Did you really cancel the offer?
I hope you feel better now. Nothing can be more important than your health is. Please take care of yourself. Hugs <3

I do feel you. I appreciate your support <3
Yes I rejected the offer, yesterday I saw the client in person, director said that they got an answer that they didn't expect, or wanted, but said it will be ok, they will use someone else. I expect that this will backfire at some stage (soon), as I have another IT contract with them. They may argue that they supported me during covid, and now I dont want to help them.

I had mixed feelings after I declined, but I feel better about it now, I think there were good enough reasons not to accept the offer.

Thank you for asking.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
nopointofliving

nopointofliving

Warrior
Apr 19, 2021
Yes I rejected the offer, yesterday I saw the client in person, director said that they got an answer that they didn't expected, or wanted, but said it will be ok, they will use someone else. I expect that this will backfire at some stage (soon), as I have another IT contract with them.

I had mixed feelings after I declined, but I feel better about it now, I think there were good enough reasons not to accept the offer.

Thank you for asking.
It's ok ... as long as you think you did right... others' opinions/reactions aren't important. I hope nothing wrong happens. Make yourself a cup of tea, you deserve some relief. hugs <3

• Love
Reactions: luten
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
I wish you the best with your recovery, it is hard trying to get better when life likes to work against us. I tried to give life a chance at one point but things never go to plan.

nopointofliving

nopointofliving

Warrior
Apr 19, 2021
I wish you the best with your recovery, it is hard trying to get better when life likes to work against us. I tried to give life a chance at one point but things never go to plan.
I'm trying for short recovery for one month or two. I feel the pain, long term recovery seems impossible, even I'm hopeless and I think it's impossible. Now, I'm living day by day, life seems more manageable. Hugs <3

• Hugs
Reactions: FuneralCry
PoofLoop:P

PoofLoop:P

May 5, 2021
It's okay, I do understand how you feel about it. Hug you tight <3

I'm getting all the blessings and love from you. Yeah, I'm winning :)

thank you Matt, you inspire me <3

I'm really sorry you had to pass through this. I know life can be very unjust to many of us. I wish you a quick recovery. And you're never alone. Please take your time, and any step you make forward is a great achievement. Sending you many hugs <3
Thank you, I'm doing better now

• Hugs