• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

M

millefeui

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2018
Boredom is a consequence of my problems, rather than being the reason I want to die. Either way, this life is insufferable. As I have mentioned a few times in other threads, my mind is often my biggest enemy.

shinitai

shinitai

Jun 28, 2018
I am bored of feeling the same way over and over and over again. It keeps haunting me- even if I have fleeting moments of satisfaction, the apathy and sinking pit in my stomach will always be there. It's not boredom in its purest sense, but boredom nonetheless.

Imaginos

Imaginos

Full-time layabout
Apr 7, 2018
If there's anything that proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that life is a stinking pile of shit, it's boredom. Just another way existence can stick it you, regardless of how gracious the circumstances. Boredom is simply an undefeatable misery. The unique, unbearable agony that will inevitably worm its way into anywhere no matter what. Ultimately showing that pain will always reign dominion here and that everything is worthless. On that note, I'm really fucking bored right now. Sitting here staring at the carpet caught in an unbreakable web of paralyzing dullness & restless disgust with all things. I'm being eaten the fuck alive here. Every damn night it's the same thing. I only wish all this were lethal. Killed by boredom. How fitting that would be for someone like me.

As an aside, nobody sums up the vileness of boredom better than Schopenhauer. The perfect description, for the most awful of sensations.

Life presents itself first and foremost as a task: the task of maintaining itself... If this task is accomplished, what has been gained is a burden, and there then appears a second task: that of doing something with it so as to ward off boredom, which hovers over every secure life like a bird of prey. Thus the first task is to gain something and the second to become unconscious of what has been gained, which is otherwise a burden.

That human life must be some kind of mistake is sufficiently proved by the simple observation that man is a compound of needs which are hard to satisfy; that their satisfaction achieves nothing but a painless condition in which he is only given over to boredom; and that boredom is a direct proof that existence is in itself valueless, for boredom is nothing other than the sensation of the emptiness of existence. For if life, in the desire for which our essence and existence consists, possessed in itself a positive value and real content, then would be no such thing as boredom: mere existence would fulfill and satisfy us. As things are, we take no pleasure in existence except when we are striving after something - in which case distance and difficulties make our goal look as if it would satisfy us (an illusion which fades when we reach it). Or when engaged in purely intellectual activity, in which case we are really stepping out of life so as to regard it from outside, like spectators at a play. Even sensual pleasure itself consists in a continual striving and ceases as soon as its goal is reached. Whenever we are not involved in one or other of these things but directed back to existence itself we are overtaken by its worthless anti vanity and this is the sensation called boredom.

Arthur Schopenhauer - ON THE VANITY OF EXISTENCE

D

Deleted member 847

My reasons:

1. Human beings suck. They're selfish and hostile, unless you're in their tribe or you're useful to them. Being bullied in school kinda taught me this. If you're weak you get fucked by stronger guys in society usually, and you get no pussy. And this is a big problem because I have a large ego and I want respect. I just can't fucking feel inferior. People usually tell me to just accept and play my loser role, but my mind doesn't want that because it knows there's better and I'm better than what they think.
2. This universe sucks. Disease, getting old, physical and mental pain etc. Having to live in a society in which, unless you're born in a rich family and stay high on the pyramid, you'll be a slave of its economy and will have to work 8 hours a day, and then go home and have to take care of your kids etc.
3. Boredom. I spend most of my time staring at the ceiling. There's just nothing I can fucking do. Practice or work to achieve something? Well that's boring too, you only get the fun after you achieve that thing, and then you'll get tired of it and you'll want something else and so on. A man without purpose is like a bird without wings.

Last edited by a moderator:
Comfydant

Comfydant

Jan 24, 2023
boredom is one of the main reasons why i'm suicidal. i hardly even know what day it is anymore because they all seem to blend into each other. i spend 99.9% of my time rotting in my bed playing video games instead of doing anything fun or productive and the times where i leave my house or interact with other human beings face to face (aside from my mom) are too few and far between to justify my continued existence.

WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
I am bored because I am super depressed, and I am super depressed and want to die because I am the wrong sex. It all comes full circle for me.

• Aww..
Reactions: Why Me?
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
I feel like this is the reason as to why I could never wish to exist no matter the circumstances. I do see existence as being a form of torture and it's something that doesn't interest me or appeal to me. Life is just an useless concept focused around the fulfilment of endless needs, that serves no purpose and leads to nowhere other than our inevitable deterioration, and it's something that is so burdensome simply being conscious and aware of this world.

Such a thing as life could never be worth it in any way and there is no reason to prolong this and delay the inevitable. I just wish for permanent nonexistence where I'm not even aware that I'm dead. Life itself is the true problem, and is enough to make me want to die. Simply just being here makes the thought of non existence sound so incredibly appealing.

taq

taq

stupid twink
Jan 20, 2023
boredom is one of the main reasons why i'm suicidal. i hardly even know what day it is anymore because they all seem to blend into each other. i spend 99.9% of my time rotting in my bed playing video games instead of doing anything fun or productive and the times where i leave my house or interact with other human beings face to face (aside from my mom) are too few and far between to justify my continued existence.
A matter of movement. The state of mind is affected by your physical state, just as your physical state is affected by your mental one.
Its difficult to "just improve" the mental state but since they're linked together, I suggest you begin to work on the physical side of things.
You can take this as slow as you like - even just talking a small walk is enough to get you started.
And set clear goals. How about as soon as you read this - presumably today; you'll take a walk the next day.
So tomorrow at 2pm?
Go outside and simply walk into one direction for 15 minutes and then 15 minutes back.
Even better if you do a small 30 minute circuit instead of just back and forth.
Take music with you, don't keep one song on repeat, maybe create a small playlist beforehand.
Report back when you've done so.
I'm counting on you friend.

Archness

Archness

Defective Personel
Jan 20, 2023
Literally waiting to die. Sometimes there's a little joy or pleasure, but ultimately it's pointless. Rot and death are inevitable in a universe with entropy. There's little reason to live now other then the pleasures of indulgence. Is life worth anything plugged into the infinite-pleasure machine? No, I'd be better off dead and not being a burden or possible bother, as at that point I'd be dead anyways.

Comfydant

Comfydant

Jan 24, 2023
@ShyGuy00 Hey,

How did it go?
it went okay. it gets pretty cold where i live, so the sidewalks are still covered in snow, but it was nice to get a little fresh air. i did take my phone with me, but i only used it to listen to some music.

and... thanks again. ^^

taq

taq

stupid twink
Jan 20, 2023
it went okay. it gets pretty cold where i live, so the sidewalks are still covered in snow, but it was nice to get a little fresh air. i did take my phone with me, but i only used it to listen to some music.

and... thanks again. ^^
remember the route.
If you can manage, repeat it on Saturday - similar time.
You can draw more advantage from it if you use a playlist and start that playlist consistently at the same time, so you'll pass by similar points of interest to the same music, building a mental model and meaningful connections over time.
Bonus points if you can combine the trip with something sorta productive - like going to the shop.
Not to do a full week of shopping but to maybe just pick up a small snack or something like that.

And yes, if to anyone all this sound familiar... there you go:

highly recommend this

• Love
Reactions: Comfydant
Bread with milk

Bread with milk

Enlightened
Oct 1, 2020
Possibly it is one of my reasons, my condition limits me to do certain things, also due to my economic situation, I am limited to many things, which makes my life quite boring.