• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Joker2003

Joker2003

Feb 15, 2024
Anhedonia is the inability to experience pleasure or joy.

It makes you feel numb to the world and is usually a symptom of another psychological disorder (Depression, Bipolar, Schizophrenia, etc.)

When I was younger, I used to be so full of life and hope for the future. I loved watching movies, playing video games, spending time with friends, eating good food, and enjoying the outdoors. Now I feel like my soul has been sucked out of my body and that I am an empty husk. I am diagnosed with recurrent depression and haven't been happy for years.

I am chronically bored out of my mind.

Do any of you suffer from Anhedonia as well?

O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
Aneho

It makes you feel numb to the world and is usually a symptom of another psychological disorder (Depression, Bipolar, Schizophrenia, etc.)

When I was younger, I used to be so full of life and hope for the future. I loved watching movies, playing video games, spending time with friends, eating good food, and enjoying the outdoors. Now I feel like my soul has been sucked out of my body and that I am an empty husk. I am diagnosed with recurrent depression and haven't been happy for years.

Anhedonia was thrust upon me after she suddenly died two years ago--Like the old Burt Bacharach song says: "A house is not a home if no one else is there"

heliophobic

heliophobic

Memento Mori
Jan 29, 2024
Yes. I've been depressed since I was a little kid, but the anhedonia started in late 2000. I developed a complete creative block that I've never gotten past, anything that made me even slightly happy didn't anymore. At least I'm great at pretending though. Except for my resting "What's wrong?" face.

ApparentlyNot

ApparentlyNot

Send cats.
Jul 8, 2023
Yeah. All the things that I used to enjoy still exist, but I just can't feel anything good anymore, and if I do it is incredibly superficial. I feel no motivation. I have no interest. I feel no rewards for doing the things I once enjoyed. Even drugs don't make me feel good anymore. Which is a fucking shame.

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Yeah, I have anhedonia. Though I don't know if there's anything that I enjoyed to begin with

U

Umacon

Jan 20, 2024

I feel exactly the same. I suffer from anhedonoa since 2016 when I started the antipressants. I don't enjoy nothing anymore, everyday looks the same without any joy. Everything seems pointless.

TheSpookyNameGuy

TheSpookyNameGuy

There's nothing here..
Apr 30, 2023
Yes, since i was 8 years old.

I believe it came from traumatic head injuries, some self inflicted such as throwing my head against concrete.

I was extra fucked as a kid.

TheSpookyNameGuy

TheSpookyNameGuy

There's nothing here..
Apr 30, 2023
Yeah

Me neither. Everything seems so meaningless and pointless to me. To quote Bohemian Rhapsody, "nothing really matters, nothing really matters to me." I feel empty inside, and I'm always bored
I often sing "I want to break free" in my head but then i realise, ain't nothing out there but greed and consumption, death.

LuvMeMusic

LuvMeMusic

Student
Jan 24, 2024
It's just apathy for me. I guess they're not that different, except that I am apathetic for god knows what reason. As far as I'm aware, it isn't due to any mental health stuff.
Life definitely is unbearingly boring though.

Reactions: Joker2003
anxiousmess0471

anxiousmess0471

Feb 4, 2024
I definitely have it. Nothing makes me happy anymore. I used to enjoy a lot of different things. But now I just want to be alone. Away from everyone and everything. Just live on my own without having to deal with anyone.

H

hortuslv123

Feb 28, 2024
I started to have it this winter, a series of changes in friendships and a demise of a relationship, along with my mother being hospitalised during the week of Christmas, it's been a rollercoaster. Also being in the Northern hemisphere with cold, dreary winters compounds the problem.
I started to have it this winter, a series of changes in friendships and a demise of a relationship, along with my mother being hospitalised during the week of Christmas, it's been a rollercoaster. Also being in the Northern hemisphere with cold, dreary winters compounds the problem.

And btw, hello to everyone. I thought I would join after being an outsider looking in. The site has given me some support that I'm not the only one facing obstacles ahead

Reactions: Deadfrogwalking
G

G50

Jun 28, 2023
EGCG 1000 mg can help with anhedonia, I find. This supplement activates the dopamine reward pathway. Best taken on an empty stomach.

In certain people EGCG can be harmful for the liver, but such toxicity only appears after many months use.

xmissellax

xmissellax

Need My Peace
Feb 25, 2024
Oh yeah, I have this real bad at the moment. Didn't realise there was a name for it! I barely enjoy anything anymore, just food can make me like 15% more happy briefly then it's back to being a hollow shell. It's like all the colour has gone out of my life. Does anyone else just feel like a constant low-medium grade kind of dread/hollowness/emptiness in the pit of their stomach all the time?

schizochicken

schizochicken

Feb 3, 2024
same. also schizo, antipsychotics are the worst fucking meds ive ever been on.
How do you know youre schizo? I havent been diagnosed yet but i am pretty sure i have it, at least all the negative symptoms

tinyghost

tinyghost

go home at dawn sleep in the sun
Sep 13, 2023
How do you know youre schizo? I havent been diagnosed yet but i am pretty sure i have it, at least all the negative symptoms
i had a psychotic break last year, 4 hospitalizations since then, several drs there and my long term psychiatrist have diagnosed me with it. i didnt have a clue i had it prior, and i still sort of deny it and live in my "delusions" bc the meds dont work on me. but i know that to everyone else im schizophrenic so theres no point in denying it, if that makes sense. im pretty textbook, hearing voices, my neighbors are stalking me, aliens are doing experiments on me. i write repeating numbers and draw images and messages, pace in circles for hours, do a puzzles over and over because it has special signals. im also bipolar so i have mania sometimes and thats when shit gets really crazy, but when im not manic i also have the negative symptoms. ive lost interest in literally everything and i used to be a big hobbyist, no interest in relationships whatsoever, alogia, poor recall/overall cognition. medication makes a lot of that stuff worse. its really the kind of thing that takes over your life.

D

Deadfrogwalking

Jan 15, 2024
Didn't know there was a name for this till today, this is the second time it's come up in the last 12 hours.
Yay another special club !!!
At least this one has super easy
requirements to join:
Just don't care about anything, anymore. Easy peasy.
I would run for club president but, I just don't give a fuck.
Meant to pay my membership dues today till I realized that i can't be kicked out if I dont.
Same story, different club.

N

needout

Mar 3, 2024
Forgive my introduction but like you I feel exactly the same,a while back I enjoyed everything,life was seemingly good,now pleasure in any things is none existing,food is just fuel,TV is something to stare at, relationship is just yes or no answers, every thing seems to be just to kill time not to enjoy,i really thought it was just me but obviously not.feel the same,nightmare.

Dead Ghost

Dead Ghost

Mestre del Temps
May 6, 2022
I've been diagnosed with it for years and every time I see a report from a doctor who doesn't know me at all, the word 'anhedonia' comes up, but I really didn't know I had it, nor did I realize it (sometimes I think otherwise they will all be confused, since I am really like this since childhood).
My report says verbatim: "exhibits anhedonia and chronic feelings of emptiness or boredom." As I say, I hadn't even realized it and I don't know or have known another way of living different from the current one.

//

Jo la tinc diagnosticada de fa anys i cada cop que veig un informe d'un metge que no em coneix pas, surt la paraula 'anhedónia', però realment jo no sabía que la tenía, ni me n'havía adonat (de vegades penso si no s'hauràn confós tots ells, ja que jo sóc realment així desde petit).
El meu informe diu textualment: "presenta anhedonia i sentiments crònics de buit o avorriment". Com dic, jo ni me n'havia adonat i no conec o he conegut una altra manera de viure diferent de la actual.