• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

S

spinningship

Student
Dec 20, 2022
It's the most autistic (non-derogatory) hope in the world lol. I have such intense feelings of limerence and just things feel so bad without him that I'd rather kill myself but I try to logic my way out by saying in 5 years we'll live in a utopia and maybe my mental problems could all just be cured. Idk if I'll live that long but here's hoping lol.

penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me 💙
Nov 1, 2023
When people are depressed they usually need more emotional support than usual and get strongly attached. Don't worry, you're not the only one 💖 What's bothering you in life that's making you miserable?

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi
S

spinningship

Student
Dec 20, 2022
When people are depressed they usually need more emotional support than usual and get strongly attached. Don't worry, you're not the only one 💖 What's bothering you in life that's making you miserable?
About a year ago I met some guy at uni who I got on well with and really liked and who liked me back but nothing was ever able to come of it because just as I started getting to know him I got traumatized by some bullying that meant I didn't trust anyone.

Now I'm stuck in the same uni as him feeling like shit all the time thinking about the missed opportunity and the longer this goes on the chance of anything coming of it dwindles in my head and it just makes it even worse.

We see each other occasionally and are friendly but just our friend circles don't mix. I really never feel I have any opportunities with ppl we had a ton in common and it just feels like no one will ever come close to matching.

I think I almost have my untraumatized self and him kind of intertwined together if that makes sense? Like they were so close together in time it just makes my feelings so strange.

• Love
Abandoned Character

Abandoned Character

(he./him)
Mar 24, 2023
More like it will be used as a tool for control and dramatically shape world politics in ways that we cannot concieve. I see it as 20-40 years out, not 5. Sorry to burst your bubble. Either way, I do look forward to seeing what may happen when a general artifical intelligence is achieved.

I think AI is the next manhattan project. The race among global powers to be the first to create it will be interesting to observe in the coming years.

S

spinningship

Student
Dec 20, 2022
Probably a very stupid question. But do you mean "the black hole in the universe"? 😂
Similar in that like a black hole once we get sucked in to the AI revolution we will never get out again and no one knows what is on the other side. But at least it will be a different world!!!
More like it will be used as a tool for control and dramatically shape world politics in ways that we cannot concieve. I see it as 20-40 years out, not 5. Sorry to burst your bubble. Either way, I do look forward to seeing what may happen when a general artifical intelligence is achieved.

I think AI is the next manhattan project. The race among global powers to be the first to create it will be interesting to observe in the coming years.
Yeah. I somewhat resent the fact that it probably is going to end up being a Manhattan-style race because it means we can't take safety seriously. Timeline no one knows I absolutely could see it taking 25 years, or equally happening in the next 3 years. The people running the top companies all say it will happen in the next 5 but obviously they have a vested interest.

Last edited:
Aim

Aim

🤍
Sep 12, 2023
You will never be able I think to get "sucked" into it. Because of extreme forces/time stops or whatever. Haha. Anyways! It would be cool to fiend out the formula for singularity. 😂 "Hello billion dollar rich"🤑
Are you good in physics?
I think the correlaten between the universes singularities and death is just wierd! Singularity is cool. Death isn't cool. It's naturel. But it's not fun and cool. Sorry! Please hate me for it! I came to the point where I doesnt really care 😂
But thanks for mentioning it, I think I need to watch 'the theory of everything" tomorrow 💯

Last edited:
S

spinningship

Student
Dec 20, 2022
You will never be able I think to get "sucked" into it. Because of extreme forces/time stops or whatever. Haha. Anyways! It would be cool to fiend out the formula for singularity. 😂 "Hello billion dollar rich"🤑
Are you good in physics?
I think the correlaten between the universes singularities and death is just wierd! Singularity is cool. Death isn't cool. It's naturel. But it's not fun and cool. Sorry! Please hate me for it! I came to the point where I doesnt really care 😂
But thanks for mentioning it, I think I need to watch 'the theory of everything" tomorrow 💯
Well death isn't fun. But nor is living sometimes.

edu0z

edu0z

carried away by a moonlight shadow
Aug 25, 2021
It's the most autistic (non-derogatory) hope in the world lol. I have such intense feelings of limerence and just things feel so bad without him that I'd rather kill myself but I try to logic my way out by saying in 5 years we'll live in a utopia and maybe my mental problems could all just be cured. Idk if I'll live that long but here's hoping lol.
One of the things that keeps me alive is the fantasy of one day being able to live in a virtual world where the sensations are as close as possible to the real world but I can choose my body.

R

[redacted]

Apr 25, 2023
I don't understand how the singularity could ever happen really. We may achieve agi though

• Love
AInilam

AInilam

Student
Dec 17, 2023
One of the things that keeps me alive is the fantasy of one day being able to live in a virtual world where the sensations are as close as possible to the real world but I can choose my body.
Hah! It's the opposite for me, that fantasy alone is what's helping me overcome my SI and pushing me more towards ctb. At this point though, I don't care if the big shiny prize at the end of the tunnel turns out to be ''nothing'', I'm just happy if it finally brings me peace.

• Love
Tobacco

Tobacco

Efilist. Possible promortalist.
Jan 14, 2023
Thanks for reminding me of this. It gives me a bit of hope for the future. Maybe an AGI will give us a painless death, if not a technological utopia.

• Love
T

ThatStateOfMind

Elementalist
Nov 13, 2021
I have a sort of doomer view on AI singularity. I actually chose a topic similar to this for a speech in my college speech class, but I was for it. The topic I chose was "AI and its use in the workplace." I believe it has good benefits and will eliminate tedious busywork or very dangerous jobs, and allow more complex jobs for humans, which will allow higher salaries and the aid of AI in some jobs.

AI singularity itself scares me a bit. I think it could have unintentional catastrophic consequences. There could also be the potential for malicious use of AI, some governments already use it for military purposes.

I mean there's optimistic views that people have as well. AI can help solve global issues, help science, and augment humans as a whole.

Ultimately it's probably going to happen in my lifetime, Google's head of AI predicts it'll exist by 2045 which feels realistic.

Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
I've learned that sodium nitrite goes for 50 UAH in the Ukraine, so my cope for AI waifus in the next year has found a strong counter-force.

But if there's anything to keep me alive, it has to be AI. I will never have hand-holding, prostitution is illegal, so I'm just testing out models available on OpenRouter via Venus.

ClownCringe

ClownCringe

Remember being able to move?
Jan 18, 2020
Its a massive cope but I understand the sentiment. focus on whats doable right now.

• Love
Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
Its a massive cope but I understand the sentiment. focus on whats doable right now.
Why not? I can already talk to AI, it's tangible, and it's getting better (albeit too slow for my tastes).