GravityUtilizer

GravityUtilizer

Born to lose
May 22, 2020
I used to be an everyday drunk but did a year sober and now binge 1-2 days a week which I consider rather fine progress. Still plenty of problems arise though!

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Ghost2211, x~Sophia~x, Xocoyotziin and 5 others
BLUE1970

BLUE1970

Experienced
Nov 3, 2020
Drink and drugs have long been part of my life, not so much the drugs in recent times but drink, yes. Once I have one I don't stop until I drop. Can easily do a litre bottle of short in about 8hr period, crash out, wake up and crack open the next bottle. Once the urge to drink has passed I can go weeks without another drop.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Ghost2211, x~Sophia~x, Huntfish34 and 2 others
Huntfish34

Huntfish34

Enlightened
Mar 13, 2020
Alcohol and drugs go hand in hand for me,. For Many of my 36yr life. Go to AA mtgs when I can but with Covid around.. It's been much more difficult to do so.

And now here I sit in my deer blind about to finish a bottle of rum along with a 6pk. Trying to take 1 day at a time,. And not end it all with my rifle just feet away as I write this..

• Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211, x~Sophia~x and Good4Nothing
chrisbate7

chrisbate7

Student
Sep 30, 2020
11 months off alcohol, never really drank much anyway. 3 months off caffeine. 6 months off benzodiazepines. 1 month off Adderall. Taking zero drugs currently. Trying to get my brain to heal. Not working so far

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: virginiawoolf86, Ghost2211, Lordsudbury and 2 others
BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
I think I have a potential problem?? Both of my parents are alcoholics, and I've found that nearly every time I've drank alcohol this year it's been binge drinking. I haven't ever craved alcohol as strongly as I have this year. It seems like I crave it multiple times a week when I get really upset. I haven't really drank since this summer, but I've been able to stop myself when I have...so.... Eh. The first time I felt too sick, more recently I was just too...bored, I guess.

• Hugs
Reactions: virginiawoolf86, Ghost2211, Huntfish34 and 1 other person
Throwmyselfaway

Throwmyselfaway

Not gone yet but soon
Jan 14, 2020
I've been sober for over 8 years. This year I've been so close to jumping off the wagon. It's a Toss up which I will do first: drink or ctb

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: virginiawoolf86, Ghost2211, Huntfish34 and 1 other person
Aeathelina

Aeathelina

Little Homeless Girl
Feb 5, 2020
Oh yea big time. I cannot resist a drink and would gladly take a cold beer over food any day of the week.
Booze makes me feel good. Its the one time outside of a mental breakdown that I can let the thoughts wonder freely without pain or self harming.
Probably unhealthy coping method on every level but why not?

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: virginiawoolf86, Ghost2211, Huntfish34 and 2 others
chrisbate7

chrisbate7

Student
Sep 30, 2020
I've been sober for over 8 years. This year I've been so close to jumping off the wagon. It's a Toss up which I will do first: drink or ctb
It's the worst being sober and utterly miserable. Better to be an addict and happy when you're high

• Hugs
Reactions: Spiral, virginiawoolf86, Ghost2211 and 2 others
x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Always give 100% - unless you’re donating blood.
Sep 10, 2020

Depending on your method of course, why not do both - the alcohol for courage... go out with a BANG!!!

Reactions: Ghost2211, Huntfish34 and Disappointered
x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Sep 10, 2020
Oh man I love the the party liquor.
2 years 10 months sober (minus the ole whacky tobacky)

With respect, can I ask you a question?

If you are actively suicidal, and you "love the party liquor", why have you stopped drinking?

Well done though... I can't stay sober for longer than 24 hours.

Reactions: Ghost2211, Huntfish34 and nachofriend
opiatedreamz

opiatedreamz

no-life king
Oct 31, 2020
i used to drink more often than i do now. i only drink rarely now. my mother is an alcoholic, so i have come to not like it too much as i used to. i'll still drink on rare occasions. the alcohol i did have, and hid, my mother went through my room and took from me without asking. so much for that. i probably would've drank more if that didn't happen.

Reactions: Ghost2211, Huntfish34 and nachofriend
x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Sep 10, 2020
i used to drink more often than i do now. i only drink rarely now. my mother is an alcoholic, so i have come to not like it too much as i used to. i'll still drink on rare occasions. the alcohol i did have, and hid, my mother went through my room and took from me without asking. so much for that. i probably would've drank more if that didn't happen.

She might have done you a favour and saved your life... oh the irony eh!!
certainly,
I had never been sober on purpose in my whole life up until that point. Started drinking at dinner as early as I can remember and was already being hospitalized from withdrawals at 15 years old so I thought maybe actively partaking in my alcoholism is contributing to my suicidality.

also I wanted to try another stab at "fixing myself" now I guess I'm too lazy to be an alcoholic shits painful and expensive lol

or maybe I just realized nothing will ever fix my suffering or make me hate myself less so why go through the trouble of resparking that addiction.

It's good that you had in mind that the alcohol may be causing you to be suicidal, but sad that even without the depressant that is alcohol, you're still suicidal.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211, opiatedreamz, nachofriend and 1 other person
Weary Soul

Weary Soul

Soon I will be free
Nov 13, 2019
Years ago, alcohol was my go to for anxiety and it worked like a charm. Nowadays, because of the head injuries, I cannot touch alcohol. After 1 or 2 glasses of wine, I puke uncontrollably and am laid out for a week or more with severe, severe headaches.

meh - one way to quit drinking *rolling eyes at myself*

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211, Huntfish34 and x~Sophia~x