• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

LifeSick

LifeSick

Eat the rich or die!
Sep 20, 2018
Well I understand the idea - I just don't understand how it could possibly work. Not saying it necessarily won't, I just don't see how. How it could possibly work without exposing yourself to danger.

If I'm afraid of heights - what I'm really afraid of is falling from height. Say I put VR glasses on and start practicing remaining calm, looking down and eventually I'm leaping from roof to roof. But during an entire time I know it's only VR. I know I'm in no danger of falling. Same with going one step up the stairs. No real danger here.

So then the idea I guess is that after doing these safe activities I become more at ease with the actual danger of falling, with doing non-safe activities. So that I will stand at 10th store open balcony, look down from there, buy a high rise appartment or maybe even go mountain hiking or rock climbing. I will become cool and accepting of the danger of falling from height. That is to say I will become cool with exposing myself to a real possibility of falling from height. Which is what anxiety is actually about.

And to me it sounds like if you're afraid to go to war - go play Call-of-Duty. I just don't see it alleviating a fear of being killed the moment you enter an actual war zone. You will just have to muster your courage, enter it, start shooting and then if you live through your first day - on your second day your fear of going into combat will be alleviated.

I don't know much about this, but I think it might have something to do with:
1- exposing yourself to the fear in small increments so you can slowly learn how to deal with increasing levels of anxiety and
2- Exposing yourself to fear inducing situations but without the danger so your brain can start to create new pathways in reaction to that situation. Basically trying to unlearn the fear, or to either destroy or weaken the association of that situation with fear, because you'll face your fear without any harmful consequences.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and scales
scales

scales

Resident Slime
Oct 18, 2018
Thanks. What's your reason for ctb?
Thank you for asking. I have an illness that is fully treatable but no one is helping me treat it. I have wasted a lot of $ seeking help from professionals and finally realized I'll never get the help I need.

I'd rather die on my own terms than live life without being able to live it. It's sad, because my life is otherwise very enjoyable, if not for this illness.

Last edited:
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and LifeSick
S

samsays89

Student
Oct 4, 2018
My mind raced through all the worst case scenarios. My heart races, I start to sweat, I need to suddenly move and pace around. I imagine all the worst case scenarios such as starving to death on the streets and I can't move on.

I have to just do affirmations.

"You don't hear voices and you're healthy." Over and over, and drink, and eventually I can function. Affirmations I think are underrated. If you keep telling yourself something, eventually you'll believe it.

Keep telling yourself something positive over and over. That plus, deep, deep, breathe might help. If whatever you are going through can be resolved. If not, there are resources here for you.

I’vehadenough

I’vehadenough

Elementalist
Sep 15, 2018
Thank you for asking. I have an illness that is fully treatable but no one is helping me treat it. I have wasted a lot of $ seeking help from professionals and finally realized I'll never get the help I need.

I'd rather die on my own terms than live life without being able to live it. It's sad, because my life is otherwise very enjoyable, if not for this illness.
What illness is that

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
C

CJM

Experienced
Jul 13, 2018
Its gone a lot since I started living and working in the central city so I'm more exposed and have to deal with more people, things. Previously I worked and lived in quiet suburbs so was more reclusive, in saying that, it is still around but I am able to hide things well.
I'm known to be quite out going and funny and that makes a good mask to how I really feel.

Also, having head phones on and listening to music amongst the hustle and bustle is a big help with managing it.

I’vehadenough

I’vehadenough

Elementalist
Sep 15, 2018
Fuck. but it's still possible, right? give some hope.

I like your answers as I'm trying to avoid taking medication for my anxiety. I'm only doing regular therapy and it barely helps me. It only reduces my anxiety on the same day i do therapy, the next day I wake up almost in panic again. I'm thinking about doing yoga, meditation and exercise. How was your experience treating anxiety without meds so far?
I can barely
Its gone a lot since I started living and working in the central city so I'm more exposed and have to deal with more people, things. Previously I worked and lived in quiet suburbs so was more reclusive, in saying that, it is still around but I am able to hide things well.
I'm known to be quite out going and funny and that makes a good mask to how I really feel.

Also, having head phones on and listening to music amongst the hustle and bustle is a big help with managing it.
well at least you can still get out and work, so that's good. I think it's easier to hide in the city

TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
It comes and goes right now I have pretty much anxiety but it´s 4:38 am in Denmark and I have noticed if I don´t sleep or don´t get enough sleep I will have anxiety. I have never used anxiety medication since I can´t swallow pills and I don´t want to take that shit.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Lena
T

Taylored

I've figured it out
Sep 20, 2018
I have extremely bad anxiety on simple things like Doors opened or shut or so on.

I’vehadenough

I’vehadenough

Elementalist
Sep 15, 2018
As stated I faced my fears every day. Anxiety sufferer and being the centre of attention being my worst nightmare. I was a manager for five years and felt just as uncomfortable after five years as I did on day 1. I'm no longer a manager but I'm happier and not having multiple panic attacks every day. I don't believe that face your fears bs. But sure, it must work for some. But certainly not me.
That was five years wasted for me.
Thankfully I'm on a better path now.
I don't believe in exposure therapy either. If I did the same things I liked in the past now since I'm disfigured, it would tear me apart to know I don't look normal anymore. Best to be a recluse and create my own reality until I can finally cbd

I’vehadenough

I’vehadenough

Elementalist
Sep 15, 2018
Yes. Mixed with chronic depression. Makes functioning at a notmal acceptable level impossible. Cannot get any rest or escape from this constant hellish feeling. Makes it absolutely impossible to handle any life problem let alone compete in society.

Need out of this misery.
I agree. It's like being trapped in a cage

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and TheCrow
I’vehadenough

I’vehadenough

Elementalist
Sep 15, 2018
My mind raced through all the worst case scenarios. My heart races, I start to sweat, I need to suddenly move and pace around. I imagine all the worst case scenarios such as starving to death on the streets and I can't move on.

I have to just do affirmations.

"You don't hear voices and you're healthy." Over and over, and drink, and eventually I can function. Affirmations I think are underrated. If you keep telling yourself something, eventually you'll believe it.

Keep telling yourself something positive over and over. That plus, deep, deep, breathe might help. If whatever you are going through can be resolved. If not, there are resources here for you.
Affirmations could work for your situation since what you fear hasn't happened. Unfortunately, I am forced to live with my biggest fear

Rollo

Rollo

No pasaran
Aug 13, 2018
I don't know much about this, but I think it might have something to do with:
1- exposing yourself to the fear in small increments so you can slowly learn how to deal with increasing levels of anxiety and
2- Exposing yourself to fear inducing situations but without the danger so your brain can start to create new pathways in reaction to that situation. Basically trying to unlearn the fear, or to either destroy or weaken the association of that situation with fear, because you'll face your fear without any harmful consequences.

But if a situation presents no danger, no harmful consequences are possible - why would fear be induced? Fear of what? Isn't danger the precise thing you're scared of?

Rollo

Rollo

No pasaran
Aug 13, 2018
You have really good points! To answer your question, I have no idea why but it does seem to work. It does seem strange at first but I don't think the war/ call of duty is a good reference because in exposure therapy you do face the actual danger itself, you just do it when you're ready. So when it comes to heights, people might be afraid of even the idea of heights, so VR can get them used to the idea.

However, if you're comfortable with the idea but afraid of the real thing, you'd go to the real deal, at the point where you begin to feel some anxiety but aren't fully panicked yet, and learn to calm fully at that point, then go to the next level.

So I suppose it works because it puts you in danger for real, VR helps for people with extreme phobias, like people who go to extreme measures to avoid a phobia.

But no one really is afraid of idea or is uncomfortable with an idea. It's always the real thing you're afraid of and uncomfortable with. It's just when this real thing is not present - it exists in your mind. As an idea.

I totally get what you mean though - that a mere idea, a mere thought of the real thing induces panic. So in my war/CoD example it will be like - a guy is so scared of war that if you simply say 'war' to him then he will start shaking. So the thought goes - if you're scared SO much then before going to actual combat go play some war games. Just so maybe you will not be so panicked when actual shooting starts.

It's just I'm not sure how many people are actually afraid to such a level. Still I guess it might make sense as a first step before you get to the real thing. It's just this wiki article you linked to clearly defines exposure therapy as involving no danger. As if they want to extinguish the fear by VR type of stuff alone.

T

Taylored

I've figured it out
Sep 20, 2018
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and I’vehadenough
TheCrow

TheCrow

Invisible Spirit
Sep 26, 2018
Yes. I don't even leave the house anymore, save for going to the supermarket every two weeks or so. Sadly, anxiety still messes me up even when I am home. Thinking about death, for example, is very anxiety-inducing because I don't know what comes next, if anything.
Yes! I was the exact same way when I could walk. Now I only leave the house if I have an appointment & my father takes me.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and millefeui
E

Essie

Student
Oct 20, 2018
Oh, forgot yesterday that I also used passion flower. I tried a tea then capsules from local stores. They didn't really work, but I'd heard good things. With this latest issue, I wanted to try it again. I sometimes can't sleep for anywhere b/w 24-72 hrs from pain and wanted to see if something could maybe help the body physically relax a little. This time, I got a bulk pack from Amazon that is in powder form. Some people put it in caps but I just take on a spoon. On Amazon, people were claiming it worked better than benzos, so I thought maybe it might work better than the stuff I'd had before. It does, but using the middle dose (of 3 options) listed on the bag, it is still very mild. I will sometimes take that middle dose a few times a day. If you want something mild, this might be the thing to try. I would NOT expect it to be like a benzo, despite some people may claim that. Maybe they are taking way higher doses than I would ever feel comfortable with. Maybe their body chem metabolizes it different. But the bulk powder bag I got on Amazon DOES have a mild effect for me, so it is something I can now recommend as an option.

Passion flower and the inositol/choline mix (I mentioned last post) together might work even better. Inositol and choline can be gotten separate or in a combo. I have used them both ways. Inositol is the key here. The choline (I might be spelling this wrong) I think just helps the metabolization of the inositol. People take megadoses if inositol and claim diarrhea is the only side effect. I took normal doses and had no issues, but it does mildly calm the body physically and then that helps mentally. Also you could google foods that have these vitamins. I know cantaloupe has a lot of inositol. Add them in your diet if you like them to begin with.

People also claim fish oil helps. I took it in normal doses. Never noticed a difference. Now they say maybe don't take fish oil (in general) b/c it goes rancid in the body. So I don't anymore. But if you do try fish oil, make sure to look at the lab testing sites for a good brand with mercury tests done.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and I’vehadenough
ausboy96

ausboy96

Student
Nov 17, 2018
I can't control mine without self-medicating (benzos or alcohol). I've never been able to control it. It's part of why I want to CTB as soon I can, escape the hell that is my brain chemistry.

bigj75

bigj75

“From Knowledge springs power."
Sep 1, 2018
alcohol-alcohol-everywhere-agv0dp.jpg

Reactions: Dartz, Jodes and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
M

MsM3talGamer

Voluntary deletion
Nov 28, 2018
Yeah, I've always had GAD. I take Xanax to calm me down.

ReadyasEver

ReadyasEver

Elementalist
Dec 6, 2018
I had several anxiety attacks when I first thought of CTB as my final choice. They are gone now, for me it is just the acceptance of the finality. It really came down to a choice. Do I want months of increasing pain, sorrow, and degrading health until death or do I go out on my own terms in my own way. Once I became comfortable and assured of this choice, the anxiety went away. I felt a lot better. In my case, it is a very different. I really am a dead man walking due to cancer and a heart condition.

slowlystarve

slowlystarve

abomination
Dec 10, 2018
i do. i don't leave the house much. when i have to i try deep breathing or squeezing a stress toy. i have a plan of what i'd do if someone tries to hurt me that i run through in my head over and over again. it makes me feel more prepared and safer. i'm not above running and hiding in a bathroom stall for a bit if i really cannot stand to be in public anymore.

Reactions: sólstafir, Dartz and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals