J

Jeff_The_Cursed

Jul 21, 2020
I don't get annoyed by it, if I feel that the person is sincere.

idontevenknowanymore

idontevenknowanymore

May 2, 2020
My problem is, the honest answer leads to questions I don't wanna answer, so I always say I'm fine.

Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
Doing ok/good is always my answer. No one wants to hear that I want to ctb or that I'm depressed

Reactions: Toobrokentofix
W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
I wonder how people would start to react if I was brutally honest. Might be a fun experiment. ^_^

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: bokete, Abgrundanziehung, kh@l33zi and 2 others
Garbage Person

Garbage Person

Eating snowflakes with plastic forks
Jan 17, 2020
I wonder how people would start to react if I was brutally honest. Might be a fun experiment. ^_^

"Life is a gift brah, just be yourself, it's not that bad. You should come to church, go to god."
Assimilate! Fall back in line! Remember the script!

Reactions: Abgrundanziehung
kh@l33zi

kh@l33zi

A dreamer living in the world of nightmares
Jun 5, 2020
I take issue with it more and more these days. If someone is asking and it's not as a passing courtesy (like if I'm on a walk), there's a really cynical part of me that suspects they're asking because they really want to tell me how they feel. I've gotten very good at just numbing myself to the question and giving a cheery "Doing well, and you?" Deflect and offer them a platform to speak what they need to speak.

If I am honest and tell them how I really am, I'm usually met with the "I'm sorry, but you'll get through it, buck up" bullshit, or it gets flipped around and the person tells me about what they're dealing with.

I understand where the question is coming from, but I feel like people who are suffering just feel the sting of supposedly innocuous inquiries on a level many others simply don't or can't comprehend.

Reactions: FriendofDeath and GoodPersonEffed
PoisonedJuliet

PoisonedJuliet

You saucy boy!
Feb 12, 2020
I'm always the one who checks on other people so then they check on me AFTER I check on them. Of course I'm not going to tell the truth if you can't care enough to ask me how I'm doing not as an after thought or out of guilt. Nobody wants to hear a messy answer so I give them a nice clean one.

• Hugs
Reactions: Abgrundanziehung
Abgrundanziehung

Abgrundanziehung

or Abi for short
Jun 24, 2020
It's one of my least favorite social norms. In the movie the Night Clerk, the main character is autistic and when anyone asks how he's doing he answers something like "that's a complicated question" and then would give a very long and honest answer. I aspire to be like that, lol. That'll each anyone to ask me how I'm doing again.

Reactions: PoisonedJuliet and GoodPersonEffed
H

HadEnough1974

I try to be funny...
Jan 14, 2020
like youre close to forget about the hell you're in, and then, BOOM *random person*: hi how are you?
hahha i wish i could say i fucking love my life and actually feel it.. can anyone relate?

I always respond, "unless you really want to know the answer, don't ask me that question".

D

draw a circle

out.
Apr 10, 2020
Doesn't really bug me because I know they don't really care, so I just go with "it's cool, how ya doin?" I just take it easy and assume they're asking about my general physical health, which is usually good.

L

LeftwithNothing4

Jun 1, 2020
like youre close to forget about the hell you're in, and then, BOOM *random person*: hi how are you?
hahha i wish i could say i fucking love my life and actually feel it.. can anyone relate?
Life for me is just a false reality and words have no meaning to me anymore.

FriendofDeath

FriendofDeath

Elementalist
May 22, 2020
This saying used to bother me a lot! I'd get into "discussions" with my mother about the ridiculousness of this question since no one really gave a crap. It's just a saying? Well why say it or ask it if you don't care and have no intention of listening should I decide to give an answer this?

I ask this question now, usually because conversations during the pandemic are short and it seems to be one of the least intrusive ways to see how someone is really doing. If I do ask, I do listen. And when I am asked I reply honestly and just say "I'm surviving, that's all I can do." Very few care to understand what that means.

Angina

Angina

>>AnginA<<
Jun 27, 2020
Hating? No-one asks me how I am doing, no-one cares. Sounds better? Cold indifference is worse than hatred.

Reactions: FriendofDeath and GoodPersonEffed