Sunoo

Sunoo

Student
Sep 25, 2023
I don't cut very deep, but the feeling that I'm not 'faking' being sad makes sense. I'm really scared about people seeing and noticing the scars. I'm worried about other people seeing the cuts. Is there anyway to hide the scars or care for them properly? I already use antiseptic and I put a fabric plaster over it to hide it

• Hugs
Reactions: EyeBeyond, amyrel, trytrytryagain and 3 others
Reuthry

Reuthry

I just want a way out.
Dec 16, 2023
I used to self harm, going pretty deep. I no longer do it, because it no longer helps me in any type of way. I don't know if I can say something helpful about hiding them, I cut my legs and left wrist so it's not so hard for me to hide. I feel too lazy to go and cut. I don't really know

• Hugs
Reactions: Sunoo
PeterRabbit28064212

PeterRabbit28064212

28:06:42:12
Jan 28, 2024
i get what you mean it can be nice to have a sort of physical proof especially if you are the kind of person that deals with a lot of doubt / struggles to have faith in their own emotions. for me at least i can use stuff like that as a sort of bargain with myself because it means i'm doing something harmful but not actually lethal. you can actually find some good harm reduction tips on shtwt and reddit if you want a place to look for that kind of stuff though be warned a good section of shtwt is just people posting their cuts lol.

amyrel

amyrel

I just want to sleep all day
Nov 20, 2023
I also cut, tbh I think I've developed an addiction to it. Honestly on ways to hide it, I think it depends on how strict the people you're hiding it from are. I've managed to hide it on my arms with simple long sleeves until my mom found out through mental health professionals. Caring for them, I honestly have no idea because I never do that, sorry.

• Love
Sunoo

Sunoo

Student
Sep 25, 2023
i get what you mean it can be nice to have a sort of physical proof especially if you are the kind of person that deals with a lot of doubt / struggles to have faith in their own emotions. for me at least i can use stuff like that as a sort of bargain with myself because it means i'm doing something harmful but not actually lethal. you can actually find some good harm reduction tips on shtwt and reddit if you want a place to look for that kind of stuff though be warned a good section of shtwt is just people posting their cuts lol.
thank youuu, yeah I'm already on shtwt so I now what you mean lmao btw I love your Donnie Darko pfp

Reactions: PeterRabbit28064212
EyeBeyond

EyeBeyond

Beyond Galaxy
Dec 3, 2023
I don't cut very deep, but the feeling that I'm not 'faking' being sad makes sense. I'm really scared about people seeing and noticing the scars. I'm worried about other people seeing the cuts. Is there anyway to hide the scars or care for them properly? I already use antiseptic and I put a fabric plaster over it to hide it
never tried, I would never try because that would make my suicidal feelings evident for everyone

Act Two

Act Two

Happy thoughts in shards, all over the floor.
Jan 29, 2024
I just had this question a few days ago when I really started cutting myself a lot.

I started out by cutting my non-dominant hand where my watch usually is, since I'm always wearing it. That quickly ran out of room, though, and from what I gather the best places to cut are:

- Wrist, under your watch (my personal preference)
- Hips
- Ankles
- Thighs

So far, so good for me.