C

Cevapcici

Student
Dec 30, 2018
Yes, absolutely, but it doesn't bother me anymore, because I realized it's 100% out of my control. I can't civilisationally relate to the people I grew up with , and even if I could, I'm a fucked up person , therefore, I make ( understandably so ) healthy people walk away , and work as a magnet to either other fucked up people who drag me down - or abusive/manipulative people who see me as an easy target. The only "normies " that were willing to accept me in their lives..Always felt pity for me, and I didn't like this, so I had to walk away each time. I've learned to accept that being a loner is the best of all options for me.

Here's an interesting article for those who might feel like the reason they have no friends is because they did something wrong .... You can clearly see people with depression have a huge disadvantage when it comes to making friends.

Last edited:
Reactions: myopybyproxy, Xaphous and Honigwaffel
WolfgangA

WolfgangA

Devil’s Advocate
Apr 9, 2019
I'm here but I'm not.

Reactions: Kassender and Xaphous
Lary

Lary

Apr 25, 2019
Sempre tem muitas pessoas perto de mim, mas mesmo assim me sinto sozinha. Talvez porque nem todo mundo realmente se importa.

M

Marawa

HereButNot
Dec 30, 2018
Yeah. Even on this forum I feel alone.
I'm sorry you're feeling that way here. That must be a crushing feeling. I'm in and out here but I've find wonderful people that have lifted me out of virtual isolation at least. I'm still struggling but please pm me if you're feeling alone. I'm old but I try my best to lend an ear anytime. You are definitely not alone.

• Love
Reactions: Bedlamb, Lary and seekingoblivion
uiop

uiop

Fun drugs make me happy
Mar 27, 2019
Welcome to my world, brother. I feel misunderstood, and alone my entire life.

EDIT: Grammar

Last edited:
Reactions: Bedlamb and tomz323
seekingoblivion

seekingoblivion

Arcanist
Dec 11, 2018
I'm sorry you're feeling that way here. That must be a crushing feeling. I'm in and out here but I've find wonderful people that have lifted me out of virtual isolation at least. I'm still struggling but please pm me if you're feeling alone. I'm old but I try my best to lend an ear anytime. You are definitely not alone.
Thank you. Weirdly though I come here pretty much daily despite not feeling connected. I'll come here multiple times and each time I'll feel that feeling of pointlessness so I stay for a minute then go off. I think I'm largely coming here out of boredom now. Like right now I'm at work and I haven't yet started getting busy so I've got nothing to do for a few minutes. Anyway, Thank you very much for offering your ear. You're very kind.

• Aww..
Reactions: Marawa and Lary
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Most of my life has been alone, but there are some people who I would confide in. I don't really see them everyday or hangout with them, but I do talk to them time to time, but in general, my life is pretty lonely.

Reactions: Kassender and Lary
JadedGray

JadedGray

Life Eternal
Jul 24, 2018
Yes, I've never felt a connection with anyone ever. There's never been anyone in my life except my parents, but they were abusive and hard to connect with. Even though that's no longer an issue, the damage has been done. They were both solitary my whole life, so I never learned how to socialize. I've always been a loner and not at all social. It used to not get to me as much, but over time it's depressing to realize that I've never had any friends or relationships. I used to tell myself I didn't mind as a coping mechanism, but it did get to me a little. I never wanted a lot of friends, one best friend or a soul mate would have meant more to me. Looking back I realize I sabotaged what few friendships I might have had because of fear of rejection or abandonment. I would just turn on them for no reason without even realizing, since it would be easier than us drifting apart and them eventually seeing me like everyone else did. I always found it sad when two people who were once friends would act like strangers when passing by each other.

Reactions: Kassender
M

Mbound

Experienced
Apr 29, 2019
Yes. This feeling has always been impossible for me to shake, even when I'm with close friends. I feel like there's something fundamentally broken about me and others can sense it. It's also possible it just became a self-fulfilling prophecy though. Like Elliott Smith says in his song Alameda, "nobody broke your heart/ if you're alone it must be you that wants to be apart"

Reactions: dyingtodie
Mofreeko

Mofreeko

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2019
I've been soundly rejected by those around me since I was a child. There's just something about me that triggers people's tribalistic instinct for exclusion. For the most part I wasn't bullied very much unless I would try to be around people. Then their nastiness would surface until I went away.

• Aww..
Reactions: Kassender and WaterUnder
DyslexicForeigner

DyslexicForeigner

Student
Dec 27, 2018
Yes, I have autism and social anxiety. I've been living in isolation since childhood

• Aww..
Reactions: WaterUnder
JadedGray

JadedGray

Life Eternal
Jul 24, 2018
I've been soundly rejected by those around me since I was a child. There's just something about me that triggers people's tribalistic instinct for exclusion. For the most part I wasn't bullied very much unless I would try to be around people. Then their nastiness would surface until I went away.
I've felt the same way. As a young child I tried to socialize with others, but I always was left out, so as I got older I just gave up and excluded myself from others, at least it caused less pain than when I tried to make the effort.

Reactions: Kassender and Mofreeko