SuiSqueeze92

SuiSqueeze92

Self Saboteur
Jan 15, 2020
I'm the type of guy to throw a Boston butt or ribs on a smoker and stand there for hours adjusting the vents or amount of wood in the firebox. I LOVE making ribeyes or T-Bones and burgers as well. I consider myself pretty damn good because I've always heard it and I put a lot of "love" into my food because cooking for me is therapeutic so I don't want it to end so quickly.
4297616B DC20 4752 8E12 A576B99F3DE0

Grilled this bad boy last week. My next goal is to get a Sous Vide machine if they're not expensive as hell.

• Love
Reactions: MissKatrina, Nuclear Gandhi, K-O and 2 others
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
I'm not exceptionally good, but I'm creative. If there's a dish in a restaurant that I really like, I may try to duplicate it, and I've come up with a couple of good dishes. The best was grilled jerk chicken on a bed of rice, black beans, and my own mango salsa. I like to make and eat really flavorful things, and I love foreign cuisines like Turkish, Indian, Lebanese, Mexican -- anything that has complexity in flavor, as well as spiciness. I played around with Indian spices and learned how to make some things without recipes, and later I was in a group living situation with an Indian woman who tasted my chickpeas and said, "You know Indian food!" I was so proud.

But a T-bone or a ribeye or a pork roast are also perfect in their simplicity. The only improvement, which isn't even necessary, is a really good side dish that complements the flavors. I'm a really good eater more so than an exceptional cook.

• Love
Reactions: SuiSqueeze92
SuiSqueeze92

SuiSqueeze92

Self Saboteur
Jan 15, 2020
I'm not exceptionally good, but I'm creative. If there's a dish in a restaurant that I really like, I may try to duplicate it, and I've come up with a couple of good dishes. The best was grilled jerk chicken on a bed of rice, black beans, and my own mango salsa. I like to make and eat really flavorful things, and I love foreign cuisines like Turkish, Indian, Lebanese, Mexican -- anything that has complexity in flavor, as well as spiciness. I played around with Indian spices and learned how to make some things without recipes, and later I was in a group living situation with an Indian woman who tasted my chickpeas and said, "You know Indian food!" I was so proud.

But a T-bone or a ribeye or a pork roast are also perfect in their simplicity. The only improvement, which isn't even necessary, is a really good side dish that complements the flavors. I'm a really good eater more so than an exceptional cook.

Indian food is amazing and Mexican food; Chorizooooo mmmm. I've made chicken tikka masalla before though, it was pretty good. My next goal is to make a Beef Wellington, but the ingredients would be expensive as hell.

And yes steaks and roasts like that just give me a "caveman" vibe that I love. Simple seasonings, butter, garlic and rosemary are a must. Caveman cooking is also a method of cooking I want to try; find a chunk of lump wood big enough that's not super ashy and simply lay your item directly on it.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: pole and GoodPersonEffed
SpareWheel

SpareWheel

I go on holidays by mistake
May 4, 2020
I'm a qualified chef so I'm probably better than most. It's not a hard skill to learn though, most mothers around the world can knock things up that'd put most restaurants to shame.

• Wow
Reactions: Epsilon0 and SuiSqueeze92
Luchs

Luchs

kristallene Bergluft über verfallener Gruft
Aug 20, 2019
I'm the type of guy to throw a Boston butt or ribs on a smoker and stand there for hours adjusting the vents or amount of wood in the firebox. I LOVE making ribeyes or T-Bones and burgers as well. I consider myself pretty damn good because I've always heard it and I put a lot of "love" into my food because cooking for me is therapeutic so I don't want it to end so quickly.
View attachment 34905

Grilled this bad boy last week. My next goal is to get a Sous Vide machine if they're not expensive as hell.
You're making me hungry!

But yeah, I love to cook, but I just really, really suck at it.

• Love
SuiSqueeze92

SuiSqueeze92

Self Saboteur
Jan 15, 2020
I'm a qualified chef so I'm probably better than most. It's not a hard skill to learn though, most mothers around the world can knock things up that'd put most restaurants to shame.

That'd be my grandma's Eggplant Parmesan haha. I wanted to go the chef route but idk I just keep getting lost on what I want to do or be.
You're making me hungry!

But yeah, I love to cook, but I just really, really suck at it.

LMAO... hey if you're having fun, fuck it! I used to as well, but that's when I was like 6 or 7 I think? Childhood memories are a bit scattered for me, but anyway, the first thing I "cooked" was some onions and then put sliced cheese on it... I remember my mom like "mmmm yeah that looks good buddy" *GAG* but I ate that masterpiece!

It was nasty lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
SpareWheel

SpareWheel

May 4, 2020
That'd be my grandma's Eggplant Parmesan haha. I wanted to go the chef route but idk I just keep getting lost on what I want to do or be.
I'd not recommend the chef route, I only took my course out of a desire to improve my own skills for my own selfish need I'd never work in the industry.

Horrible unsociable hours, pretty poor pay unless you make it big, and one of the most stressful working environments out there. Plus you often start at the very bottom, prepping and washing pots. Unless you're very young and don't mind working your way up the culinary ladder while working 60hr weeks and never seeing a night or weekend for months, I'd not recommend it. I know many chefs, some in better jobs than others, and they mostly lead a very solitary work, work, work existence.

• Hugs
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed and SuiSqueeze92
SuiSqueeze92

SuiSqueeze92

Self Saboteur
Jan 15, 2020
I'd not recommend the chef route, I only took my course out of a desire to improve my own skills for my own selfish need I'd never work in the industry.

Horrible unsociable hours, pretty poor pay unless you make it big, and one of the most stressful working environments out there. Plus you often start at the very bottom, prepping and washing pots. Unless you're very young and don't mind working your way up the culinary ladder while working 60hr weeks and never seeing a night or weekend for months, I'd not recommend it. I know many chefs, some in better jobs than others, and they mostly lead a very solitary work, work, work existence.

Welllll never mind on that lol. I want to do welding as I was certified actually, but just pipe and overhead. The course surprisingly was offered through my HS and was legit as hell. I was also good at TIG welding but my plans to enlist, he wanted to let the other guys/girls have that since I already had a plan set. Should've done the welding! Lmao.

SpareWheel

SpareWheel

May 4, 2020
Welllll never mind on that lol. I want to do welding as I was certified actually, but just pipe and overhead. The course surprisingly was offered through my HS and was legit as hell. I was also good at TIG welding but my plans to enlist, he wanted to let the other guys/girls have that since I already had a plan set. Should've done the welding! Lmao.
I always fancied welding, a mate of mine does it for BP oil rigs offshore, and he's minted. That's not the reason I'd love to learn tig/mig skills though, I'd just like to be able to make massive swords like Michael Ctulhu and smash things up :D

Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
As long as I have a recipe, I'm good to make whatever

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
(post ur recipes)

Here are some.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/recipe-exchange.34159/

@SuiSqueeze92 check out the cowboy salad on this link. I make it with quinoa instead of rice and add a serrano chili pepper, replace the corn with an extra can of beans. Heated up with some extra lime squeezed on makes a great side dish with meats.

Last edited:
Reactions: fantasy_function and SuiSqueeze92
SuiSqueeze92

SuiSqueeze92

Self Saboteur
Jan 15, 2020
Here are some.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/recipe-exchange.34159/

@SuiSqueeze92 check out the cowboy salad on this link. I make it with quinoa instead of rice and add a serrano chili pepper, replace the corn with an extra can of beans. Heated up with some extra lime squeezed on makes a great side dish with meats.

I have never actually had quinoa before hmmm. I do love taco salads though. I'll have to give it a go because I read this out loud and now my gf wants to make me try quinoa with this recipe lol.

I don't really have any recipes off hand, a lot of good food is just fresh ingredients and how you cook it. Like I've made Nashville hot chicken before, usually it'll get soggy when most just toss the chicken in a cold bowl of sauce... but if you make a hot oil based sauce, you can get it up to temp so when you toss them it'll still cook it a little and keep the breading crispy. I pretty much watch cooking videos all the time as well and customize it a bit. Some people to mention on YouTube would be Joshua Weissman, Binging with Babish, Guga Foods/Sous Vide Everything, Sam The Cooking Guy (he can be annoying), All Things BBQ, and DMFD is a good channel that does a lot of catch, clean and cooks.

And maybe "exceptionally good" was a bit strong lol idk it just seems off to me saying that like I'm King Shit.

Last edited:
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
@SuiSqueeze92 check out this vindaloo recipe. I make it with pork, and I add a lot more tomato paste, at least a tablespoon of curry powder, and a teaspoon of sugar. It's really spicy and flavorful. Note the chicken brother is in the instructions but not the ingredients. I marinate the meat overnight and I cook it for way longer than recommended to soften the meat and thicken the sauce.

Last edited:
  • Love
SuiSqueeze92

SuiSqueeze92

Self Saboteur
Jan 15, 2020
3070A29C 99C5 4C26 BCEB 77639163FCE4

This was a Swiss cheese burger with red onion jam and zucchini fries
@SuiSqueeze92 check out this vindaloo recipe. I make it with pork, and I add a lot more tomato paste, at least a tablespoon of curry powder, and a teaspoon of sugar. It's really spicy and flavorful.

I'll give it a go this weekend, I'll take your word on it :) it does look good as hell. I love spicy food. I made a fermented hot sauce not too long ago with Carolina Reapers, Scorpion peppers, Ghost peppers, Serrano peppers, sweet peppers, garlic, carrots and onions. I think that was everything. Super hot but it didn't burn you too long thankfully lol.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Wow
Reactions: Epsilon0 and GoodPersonEffed
SuiSqueeze92

SuiSqueeze92

Self Saboteur
Jan 15, 2020
D78EB552 4275 47A0 9998 261D4B777D01

This about how many i was able to make, plus a few because I got hungry... hence the half eaten one lol
The cheeseburger egg rolls are about the same as this recipe, just replace ingredients with ground beef (80/20 chuck), cheese, onions and mustard. Play with the amounts but use common sense on amounts. It's all about how YOU enjoy it. You also need egg roll wrappers if that wasn't obvious. I usually get egg based, but the store only had "vegan" ones, BUT they actually fried better and taste good surprisingly.
If anyone wants to know a good recipe for something, just reply or PM me and if I have experience with it, I'll give you one I use.

Steaks by the way I cook about 2min per side depending on thickness (that'd be less than an inch or an inch). Best thickness for steaks are 1.5in. You can either reverse sear it or grill 2min per side, take a temp and if it's below 120f, let it cook on indirect heat until it reaches proper temp. 120f is about between medium and medium rare I believe. Meats rise in temp when rested for 5min at least about 10 degrees Fahrenheit.
Also, let your ingredients reach room temp. It'll help evenly cook everything. This is very important as things can kinda seize up if a cold item meets a hot ass grill or pan.

Last edited:
Broken Chimera

Broken Chimera

The abyss also gazes into you
May 27, 2019
Earlier on I loved cooking. I would watch what someone cooks what I would like and try to recreate it. I tried a lot but I liked the surf and turf I used to do. A porterhouse steak and a salmon fillet with a side salad. It was simple but besides making beef stew, that was my favorite.