S

shadow11

Wizard
Jul 31, 2018
I've given up trying new meds, they're awful and I've been on them since childhood, only people don't stop suggesting them. I have bizarre side effects from most things on paediatric doses; I thought it must be psychosomatic until I realised I couldn't trick myself into half of them.

I have to take a cup of pills in the morning and night and often fail to swallow because of my dysphagia. Which is gross. I like how a certain set has made so much money off poison by convincing people material reality is just spontaneously defective brain chemicals.

I've been on clonazepam for seizures and mental stuff for six years and can't get off it, I just failed to withdraw again and they put me back on a smaller dose. When I withdraw the cognitive effects are so bad I feel like a tiny animal. Thinking well was all I had. Hypertension too not to mention suicidal hysterics. It's done long term damage for sure on the dose I'm on, it also may have messed with my heart? I certainly do have defective brain circuitry now lol. I begged for help withdrawing for years, all doctors I saw agreed I should but wouldn't help because they either didn't have neurological expertise or psychiatric.

Don't ever take benzos or neuroleptics if you can help it.

I think the worst thing about SSRIs—they remarkably improved my demeanour and I was less motivated to express distress so I was outwardly a bit more functional but even with therapy etc. not better, also they seemed to trigger mania, everyone is trying to make me take them again and I don't know if I should just submit, although I binge spent money etc. other impulsive behaviours while I was on them and I'm fine off them

I can't take proper painkillers without antiemetics either lol
Your medicine history sounds just like mine with the benzos and I cant take ssri's cant take painkillers either

Reactions: lv-gras and Sayo
D

dog3000

Jul 8, 2018
i was on olanzapine for only 4 months. Then tried to withdraw cold turkey and this ruined my life. Dont ever withdraw antipsychotic cold turkey. I regret doing that. Now I have severe insomnia, trouble with focus, chest pains. I would love to get my health back from before withdrawal but now olanzapine no longer fixes my problems created during withdrawal.

Reactions: lastsummer, Deutsch and NoMore
S

shadow11

Wizard
Jul 31, 2018
i was on olanzapine for only 4 months. Then tried to withdraw cold turkey and this ruined my life. Dont ever withdraw antipsychotic cold turkey. I regret doing that. Now I have severe insomnia, trouble with focus, chest pains. I would love to get my health back from before withdrawal but now olanzapine no longer fixes my problems created during withdrawal.
I take a small dose and am tapering but it is still hard dont know if I can get off the benzos

Reactions: lv-gras
N

NoMore

Aug 5, 2018
Antipsychotics take away your life and replace it with sickness and hell probably forever. One months dose ended the beautiful mind i once had. Buying a new neck tie to try partial suspension with tomorrow.

Reactions: GoneSeptember2018, Susannah and lv-gras