• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

G

ganpres37

Student
Aug 21, 2018
anyone else have really bad anxiety? i'm on a pill for it atm. anxiety has held me back from so much. sometimes even making eye contact with someone makes my stomach drop. being in crowds drives me crazy. i'm always worried about how my hair looks, if i said something weird, etc. can anyone else relate?

Reactions: XIII, Pineapplecrown, N-IsMyHope and 12 others
T

Throwaway563078

Experienced
Oct 6, 2018
anyone else have really bad anxiety? i'm on a pill for it atm. anxiety has held me back from so much. sometimes even making eye contact with someone makes my stomach drop. being in crowds drives me crazy. i'm always worried about how my hair looks, if i said something weird, etc. can anyone else relate?
Sorry to hear that you're suffering from anxiety. I've had it for the longest time, I don't even know how it's like *not* to have anxiety. I overanalyze everything and I'm pretty self conscious,very clumsy and neurotic. Is the pill helping you though in anyway?

Reactions: Pineapplecrown, Dead Meat and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
TheCrow

TheCrow

Invisible Spirit
Sep 26, 2018
Totally. When I was able to walk, I used to be afraid to leave the house, walk on the sidewalk & see people, go on the train...when I'm home, it varies. Sometimes it's so out-of-control that I can't eat or sleep for days. Other times, it can be situational specific (ex: thinking I hear something), and it'll usually calm down after awhile. For me personally, I find that weed (I get medical
for PTSD) helps the most.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pineapplecrown, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Red star and 1 other person
Lra888

Lra888

Enlightened
Sep 30, 2018
Yes, it makes life completely unmanagable at times. Extremely debilitating. Pills help but they also fuck me up too - foggy confused thought, lowered awareness : perhaps that's their function to put the mind in a haze so one doesn't register the outside so clearly - either way I'm fucked.

Reactions: Pineapplecrown, cabaltherapy, Dead Meat and 1 other person
Rollo

Rollo

No pasaran
Aug 13, 2018
For me personally, I find that weed (I get medical
for PTSD) helps the most.

When I had anxiety weed would put me into the most severe panic attacks I ever had. It would usually start with me noticing the increase of my heart rate and being scared I might have a heart attack and die. And it was a fast and painful downhill ride from there. I found that weed would amplify my natural energy whether healthy or unhealthy.

Reactions: Dogsbody, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Red star
TheCrow

TheCrow

Invisible Spirit
Sep 26, 2018
When I had anxiety weed would put me into the most severe panic attacks I ever had. It would usually start with me noticing the increase of my heart rate and being scared I might have a heart attack and die. And it was a fast and painful downhill ride from there. I found that weed would amplify my natural energy whether healthy or unhealthy.
Damn! I'm sorry to hear that.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
TheLastTrip

TheLastTrip

Experienced
Nov 2, 2018
I can relate, anxiety is a constant blanket of misery that dampens every aspect of life.

Rollo - did you have normal weed? The medical stuff here (sprays or gummies etc) is mostly CBD based and has very little or no THC in it. CBD will help to control the anxiety/paranoia from the THC, so a pure CBD product should relax without the 'high' of THC and as such without the negative effects. I haven't tried a pure CBD product though so this is all what I have been told but can't verify.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Red star and TheCrow
worldexploder

worldexploder

Visionary
Sep 19, 2018
I'm on propanolol, Paxil, and Xanax. Still anxious all the time but the meds stop me from having full blown panic attacks.

Jen Erik

Jen Erik

-
Oct 12, 2018
A lot of my anxiety that I experience in the present is about feeling anxious in the future. So I am feeling anxious about potentially feeling anxious.

Reactions: TheCrow, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Circles
cupio dissolvi

cupio dissolvi

Oct 20, 2018
I honestly can't remember what it's like to not have anxiety

Reactions: Suicideroomwannadie, TheGoodGuy, Going Home and 4 others
Rollo

Rollo

No pasaran
Aug 13, 2018
Damn! I'm sorry to hear that.

Don't be. Even though I suffered through these panic attacks, it was precisely them and also weed induced clarity that made me realize I had a problem and what exactly this problem was. These experiences set me on a path of solving the problem. So no complaints here.

Like I said weed to me acts like emotion amplifier. So whether or not the experience is going to be pleasant depends on where I generally am. If I smoke weed and go into panic - it only means there are still issues to be addressed.

Rollo - did you have normal weed? The medical stuff here (sprays or gummies etc) is mostly CBD based and has very little or no THC in it. CBD will help to control the anxiety/paranoia from the THC, so a pure CBD product should relax without the 'high' of THC and as such without the negative effects. I haven't tried a pure CBD product though so this is all what I have been told but can't verify.

It was some strong weed. Actually my first panic attack on weed was when my pal got his hands on some stuff from Amsterdam. He was working in a hotel and a client tipped him with this weed, saying it was Skunk he smuggled from dam. So me and him smoked it like we did with regular weed, making some 6-10 good hits each. It was fun at first but then I was blindsided by how strong the effect was and eventually went into panic. I remember holding my phone ready to call an ambulance thinking I was going to die. Good times ;)

Since then I grew my own, namely Blueberry from Dutch Passion and Wappa from Paradise Seeds. Both were very strong, especially Wappa, and both gave me an occasional panic attack. It's interesting what you;re saying about CBD properties and I will perhaps grow high CBD strain in future to see what the effect is like. Still to me if I'm emotionally healthy then I wouldn't get panic attack anyway, so if I do get one then it's a reminder that there are still issues to attend to. In a way I view it as I'm not deserving to have a good time.

Reactions: TheCrow and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Rollo

Rollo

No pasaran
Aug 13, 2018
A lot of my anxiety that I experience in the present is about feeling anxious in the future. So I am feeling anxious about potentially feeling anxious.

So is it the sheer unpleasantness of panic attack that you're anxious about? I had pretty severe panic attacks on weed when I was thinking I'm about to die. Still can't say I ever had major anxiety over those. It's the death itself that I was always most anxious about.

Tomo

Tomo

Oct 31, 2018
Anxiety is a common issue I've faced for a few years now. It used to only be depression but lately I spend less and less time around people and it's impacted how I talk to people. It isn't as natural anymore and it's made even asking someone a simple question a pain in the ass. I'd like to be around more people again and get outside my comfort zone but I don't have many chances to do that. If I am outside I never speak to anyone and just carry on with what I'm doing. I always feel like people are talking behind my back even if I know that isn't true. That feeling of inadequacy led me to becoming a shut in and quitting school for awhile. I'm still anxious about the future but part of me wants to keep going and fix this. The other part looks into the abyss for answers. I'm at a point in my life where I have to make decisions faster and that frightens me. But, time waits for no one.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, TheCrow and fuckthis
Jen Erik

Jen Erik

-
Oct 12, 2018
So is it the sheer unpleasantness of panic attack that you're anxious about? I had pretty severe panic attacks on weed when I was thinking I'm about to die. Still can't say I ever had major anxiety over those. It's the death itself that I was always most anxious about.
Yeah, part of it is how unpleasant the anxiety feels and how I would like to no longer feel this way and that feeling this way in the future is just not tenable for me.

What I deal with mostly is rumination, which feels compulsive and all-consuming. I feel fortunate that I don't experience panic attacks, at least not currently.

Panic attacks while mind-altered are horrrrrrible for sure, especially thinking you're about to die.

Rollo

Rollo

No pasaran
Aug 13, 2018
What I deal with mostly is rumination, which feels compulsive and all-consuming. I feel fortunate that I don't experience panic attacks, at least not currently.

What exactly you mean by "rumination"?

Jen Erik

Jen Erik

-
Oct 12, 2018
What exactly you mean by "rumination"?
>>Rumination is the focused attention on the symptoms of one's distress, and on its possible causes and consequences, as opposed to its solutions, according to the Response Styles Theory proposed by Nolen-Hoeksema (1998)

(I didn't write that, it's from Wikipedia, but it's very articulate in explaining what I mean.)

Rollo

Rollo

No pasaran
Aug 13, 2018
>>Rumination is the focused attention on the symptoms of one's distress, and on its possible causes and consequences, as opposed to its solutions, according to the Response Styles Theory proposed by Nolen-Hoeksema (1998)

(I didn't write that, it's from Wikipedia, but it's very articulate in explaining what I mean.)

So can you give me a specific example of what you compulsively think about?

Rollo

Rollo

No pasaran
Aug 13, 2018
The building I live in burning down.

It doesn't seem to fit the definition though - it's simply you being anxious about you and your property going down in flames.

EternalSanction

EternalSanction

-
Jun 7, 2018
It's Social Anxiety Disorder for me. I can't deal with situations involving people/places/things I'm not familiar with while being sober. Even when I'm just walking in a public place I'm stressing about stuff like the way I'm walking, my facial expression etc..

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Red star, BeHope and 1 other person
Rollo

Rollo

No pasaran
Aug 13, 2018
Even when I'm just walking in a public place I'm stressing about stuff like the way I'm walking, my facial expression etc..

Trying to make my voice sound low and manly was a big thing for me. And it actually sounded tough to me but when I listened to my voice on record - sounded pathetic and fake. And to many it's obvious I'm faking it. Still continued to do it though. Here's an example of one russian film actor who in real life is always faking manly voice.

Last edited:
S

Suicideroomwannadie

Aug 20, 2018
It's Social Anxiety Disorder for me. I can't deal with situations involving people/places/things I'm not familiar with while being sober. Even when I'm just walking in a public place I'm stressing about stuff like the way I'm walking, my facial expression etc..
Same when I am in big places like shopping center I feel like every sound people make it's about me so I isolated myself

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, EternalSanction, Red star and 1 other person
Trashcan

Trashcan

Trash
Aug 31, 2018
I have social anxiety. It's not severe, but it's intefered with my life.

Reactions: Jen Erik and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
TheCrow

TheCrow

Invisible Spirit
Sep 26, 2018
Anxiety is a common issue I've faced for a few years now. It used to only be depression but lately I spend less and less time around people and it's impacted how I talk to people. It isn't as natural anymore and it's made even asking someone a simple question a pain in the ass. .

So relatable! My anxiety & depression have isolated me so much that I feel like I have social autism. Often I feel like I don't say the right thing at the right time or pick up on things said quickly enough. I also feel like (as a result of this?) things that I say are interpreted incorrectly all the time lately.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Tomo and Jen Erik
P

Pointlesslife

I'm feel dead and lifeless already so why live
Nov 7, 2018
I have really bad anxiety about not making enough progress to reach my goals, not thinking fast enough, or not understanding things well enough.

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Yes, it has affected me very negatively in a lot of situations, up and including being able to get around in life or have a bright future. There are some random times where it is less bad and I feel a burst of confidence, but it is oftenly short lived. Anxiety (as well as Aspergers) has fucked me over in life more than I can count. The worst cases are where I can't even get up to walk around or talk to people and oftenly stare at the ground, but in general, just on the edge and uneasiness, or awkwardness when interacting with people. I just don't have that natural energy and aura of confidence that most people do.

TheFool

TheFool

Oct 19, 2018
Going out in public, I always feel so exposed. I kinda wanna try medication but I really hate mental health professionals. Probably stupid of me but my experience has been that they're lazy and incompetent. Plus I don't have a lot of money for it.