• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
I nicked some Mucuna Pruriens from my bf and today it has put me in such a great mood. I have read it can burn out your dopamine receptors, so I am going to try and see if there is any way to take it safely. But wow. I have literally danced round the kitchen today and I am motivated. Worth looking into. If anyone is good with science and can find safe ways to take this, please let me know. I am also going to do more research and will add it here for reference. Oh, it might not be safe with some medications so check if you are on any.

Last edited:
T

TotallyIsolated

Mage
Nov 25, 2019
I'm sceptical of neurotransmitter 'supplements'. If you feel better for taking it then good for you, but I don't think its wise to self-medicate in this way.

L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
I'm sceptical of neurotransmitter 'supplements'. If you feel better for taking it then good for you, but I don't think its wise to self-medicate in this way.

I'm sceptical of the medication I last got prescribed - Seroquel - just nasty stuff! I'd rather take anything else...

Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
There are many depressed and bipolar people who praise Mucuna Pruriens, A.K.A. the velvet bean. It seems to be perfectly safe at low doses, but not at high doses. I've overdosed on it and it was very unpleasant, to put it mildly, and there's a case where a Thai woman with diabetes took a very high dose which resulted in an allergic reaction and death. As always, start low and go slow.

Reactions: LittleJem
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
My main concern is if it burns out and makes me worse - as some reviews are glowing and some get a quick poop out/rebound effect. The positive reviews don't come back and say if it keeps working or not. I guess in some ways I don't have anything to lose.

Here are some interactions - it says not with MAOI, Tricyclics, anti-psychotics: https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingredientmono-1020/cowhage

I don't know how accurate this one is...

Here is another paper on it: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3942911/
'It is contraindicated in children, pregnancy, and lactation (prolactin inhibition) and schizophrenia or psychosis. It should be used with caution (and is best avoided) in cases of a medium to severe degree of heart disease or diabetes. Do not take it with MAOIs or with ergot. Use caution (due to the additive effect) if the patient takes levodopa (Sinemet, Madopar), COMT inhibitors (Entacapone Stalevo), or dopamine agonists (rotigotine, pramipexole, ropinirole).'

Last edited:
Reactions: Sensei
sufferingalways

sufferingalways

Avoiding flashing images, epilepsy.
Apr 26, 2020
It's apparently excellent for some, I've even looked into this as a solution for my ADHD son when they don't renew his medications on time

Hi, I'm always upset to hear when medications are not renewed on time especially as there's nothing you can do if someone really needs their medicine /s.

Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020
don't seroquel and this supplement do opposite things to the brain?

Weightoftheworld

Weightoftheworld

Let me burn.
Apr 19, 2020
Anything to increase my motivation is tempting but I take ropinirole so, dang. May not chance it, my brain is already pretty glitchy, don't want to mess it up even more.

sufferingalways

sufferingalways

Avoiding flashing images, epilepsy.
Apr 26, 2020
Anything to increase my motivation is tempting but I take ropinirole so, dang. May not chance it, my brain is already pretty glitchy, don't want to mess it up even more.

Hi what is ropinirole? What do you take it for? I'm not medically knowledgeable. Interested to know.
Sorry to hear your brain is glitchy. Mine doesn't feel well either. Sleep issues. Hugs xx

L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
don't seroquel and this supplement do opposite things to the brain?

I decided not to take Seroquel as yet - it sounds worse than what I've got already. I read the reviews.... I don't think you should take it with Seroquel.

My update is - my mood and functionality today have remained better, but I have a headache. Tough one. I am going to go back to the L-Tryptophan and Lithium Orotate again tomorrow as that is also helping me at the moment and doesn't hurt my head. I will look into this a bit more though - maybe if I cut the dose a bit. It even seems to last for me more than one day, so maybe if I don't take it every day. Sucks to side effects!