• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Railiah P

Railiah P

Nov 7, 2020
Personally I feel a lot of emotional pain but it's mostly from my childhood. As an adult I distance myself from people and I'm always prepared for them to leave. I have had strained relationships with most of my family and I never truly made friends. Because of this, I don't usually "Grieve" when people die. I was 20 when my mother died and I didn't shed a tear. However, this year has been long... and very different. My husband's Grandfather died of COVID this past weekend and my husband is on a business trip. He took it really hard when he first found out. He cried all weekend. I felt bad that he had to go through that alone. As the days go on he is getting back to normal but I feel really depressed and IDK why. I barely knew his grandfather. I can't quite pin point why I'm feeling this way. I have literally been sleeping all day this week. Maybe I'll feel better when he gets back in town this weekend. I'm just curious this doesn't feel like my usual depressive episodes. It feels like something foreign, like I have no right or reason to be sad. But still I am.

CoalmineCanary

CoalmineCanary

Jul 15, 2020

Railiah P

Railiah P

Nov 7, 2020
Yea, I understand the definition of an empath. However, having my own issues with depression, I sometimes have a hard time knowing if I'm feeling empathy for someone else or just an episode of depression.

Reactions: waived
K

Kruger

Arcanist
Dec 26, 2019
I think I may be. For me, the way my brain works has changed since I got a brain tumour. When I walk down the street and pass other people, sometimes I can feel all their pain. It's distressing and exhausting because I already have my own pain and grief. It's like their whole life flashes before me in fast motion. I have to get away. I avoid crowded places as much as possible. Another thing, wild animals come up to me. I have foxes coming up to me and eating out of my hand. That's why the loss of my 18.5 year old pet is killing me. He was my soul mate, we communicated telepathically. This doctor I know, who is very spiritual, said it's because I'm getting closer to the other side. Closer to death.

whitefeather

whitefeather

Thank the gods for Death
Apr 23, 2020
I think I may be. For me, the way my brain works has changed since I got a brain tumour. When I walk down the street and pass other people, sometimes I can feel all their pain. It's distressing and exhausting because I already have my own pain and grief. It's like their whole life flashes before me in fast motion. I have to get away. I avoid crowded places as much as possible. Another thing, wild animals come up to me. I have foxes coming up to me and eating out of my hand. That's why the loss of my 18.5 year old pet is killing me. He was my soul mate, we communicated telepathically. This doctor I know, who is very spiritual, said it's because I'm getting closer to the other side. Closer to death.
K, Some brain tumors can cause the exact things you're experiencing. John Travolta's movie "Phenomenan" is a masterpiece of these scientific details > . Will PM you.

Last edited:
Reactions: booray and Kruger
K

Kruger

Arcanist
Dec 26, 2019
K, Specific types of brain tumors can cause this. John Travolta's movie "Phenomenan" is a masterpiece of these scientific details.
I did not know that. Haven't spoken to anyone about it.

whitefeather

whitefeather

Thank the gods for Death
Apr 23, 2020
I did not know that. Haven't spoken to anyone about it.
Found a free link to the full film and PM'd it to you. Hope I did it right. Just in case, here it is again > .

And nature makes a few like this at birth.

Last edited: