Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Why would you be ugly inside mate?
I just don't think I'm a good person. I've been starved of true love my whole life so I've become full of hate instead. I think I'm also pathetic and I use that to suck in peoples' sympathies and lure them in. Even when I do good things my motivations are always corrupted by my own selfishness. :/

Hope he's trolling tbh
I'm half trolling by being nonchalant about it, but I do believe it's true.

• Hugs
Reactions: 262653 and Skathon
Need2DIEquick

Need2DIEquick

Sep 21, 2020
I just don't think I'm a good person. I've been starved of true love my whole life so I've become full of hate instead. I think I'm also pathetic and I use that to suck in peoples' sympathies and lure them in. Even when I do good things my motivations are always corrupted by my own selfishness. :/

I'm half trolling by being nonchalant about it, but I do believe it's true.
Nah bruh you just human. You may not be a good person but you ain't a bad one either. I'd say for u to be a truly bad person you would have to actively seek and try to bring pain to someone else in order to gain something. Idk what lure them in entails but I'm guessing you just want to feel loved since you hate yourself. And there's nothing wrong with that unless your seeking out to bring them pain and don't just want someone to love you. Sorry if I'm making it seem like I know your life I wasn't trying to.

• Aww..
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
StateOfMind

StateOfMind

Liberty or Death
Apr 30, 2020
Louis CK wants a word.

"There is somebody for everyone."

• Love
Reactions: Sprite_Geist, 262653 and not4us
voidman

voidman

emptiness —> nothingness
Sep 15, 2020
Depression effects the ugly and good looking
I would argue that depression is worse for ugly people. If you're good looking people actively take pity on you and want to do everything they can to help. But, if you're ugly it's almost like it's your fault you're depressed and nobody gives a fuck.

Reactions: Amumu
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
Interesting to hear someone admit that. Those traits sound like covert narcissism.

Cant Maintain

Cant Maintain

Garbage Fire
Aug 21, 2020
I'm always called cute or conventionally attractive for a trans person... this fucking still doesn't help my desire to want to fucking leave this shit behind. Being "attractive" and asexual is another world completely. People come for you because you are their ideal of beautiful, but throw you in the trash when they realize you have no fucking refferance point of sexual attraction, or that you don't want to fuck, or you have 0 drive to do so and you will never find your partner "attractive" the way they find you.

Reactions: Homecoming
Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
Interesting to hear someone admit that. Those traits sound like covert narcissism.
I find it difficult to believe that a narcissistic person wants to ctb

@Dr Iron Arc in my opinion you just hate yourself so much that you're inventing your defaults

• Wow
Amumu

Amumu

Aug 29, 2020
I would argue that depression is worse for ugly people. If you're good looking people actively take pity on you and want to do everything they can to help. But, if you're ugly it's almost like it's your fault you're depressed and nobody gives a fuck.

Some studies show indeed that people are in general nicer and more indulgent with good-looking people.
Good-looking people have also on average a better self-esteem and suffer less from depression.
Nonetheless, we can't generalize as we see in the former comments.

Last edited:
Reactions: charlottewilts and Homecoming
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I find it difficult to believe that a narcissistic person wants to ctb

@Dr Iron Arc in my opinion you just hate yourself so much that you're inventing your defaults
I definitely hate myself, but don't see my faults as invented. I think narcissistic people can easily want to ctb if they feel they aren't getting enough attention for example or maybe just something bad happens to them like it can for anyone else...

Amumu

Amumu

Aug 29, 2020
I definitely hate myself, but don't see my faults as invented. I think narcissistic people can easily want to ctb if they feel they aren't getting enough attention for example or maybe just something bad happens to them like it can for anyone else...
No. Narcissistic people don't give a shit about that and don't hate themselves AT ALL. It's the opposite

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Homecoming and Dr Iron Arc

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
Even when I do good things my motivations are always corrupted by my own selfishness. :/
Sometimes I feel like I'm caring about others, but sifting my behavior through hypothetical scenarios always reveals that I care only about myself.
Of course, just because you and me seem to be selfish doesn't mean that everyone is, nor that there is someone who isn't selfish...

I guess it would be better for everyone concerned if selfish people wouldn't go out of everyone's way and hurt others for even a bit of comfort, but I don't think that the conflicts are always avoidable, and there might be people who would cross your path for personal benefit... I don't know what are you views on selfishness really, but I get the idea that you think of it as something abnormal and shameful. Is that so?

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
No. Narcissistic people don't give a shit about that and don't hate themselves AT ALL. It's the opposite
But I read somewhere once that focusing on even my negative traits is a form of narcissism. My self-loathing is in fact a way for me to reconcile the cognitive dissonance of how bad I feel like I am with how much I obsess over details about myself. I could be wrong though.

I guess it would be better for everyone concerned if selfish people wouldn't go out of everyone's way and hurt others for even a bit of comfort, but I don't think that the conflicts are always avoidable, and there might be people who would cross your path for personal benefit... I don't know what are you views on selfishness really, but I get the idea that you think of it as something abnormal and shameful. Is that so?
Yes, I do. Though I don't really mind when other people are selfish. I just feel like it's bad when I do it most of the time...

This is all veering a little offtopic. Why don't I roast my looks again? I'm definitely no better than a 5/10 because I'm fat. :ahhha:

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
@Dr Iron Arc I can see the personal benefit in telling others that selfishness is bad and they should be ashamed of it, since it makes people care about others more, especially if their interests are conflicting with mine. Also it make sense to me to present oneself as altruistic, and caring about high morals/ethics/standards (the higher the merrier) as a way to divert others from one's selfish goals, but it doesn't make sense to present oneself as selfish as a way of decieving others.

My belief is that everyone is selfish while some people occasionally claim they're not, and that people who claim to be altruistic are lacking self-awareness, intentionally decieving others for the perceived benefits, or experience empathetic pain. The way I see empathetic pain is that it may occur when an empath puts oneself into another one's shoes. I do rarely feel empathetic, so there isn't much I can say with enough certainty. I recognize empathy as still selfish because it's the empathetic pain that the person wants to get rid of, not the projected pain/suffering of another being. It is also not clear to me in what situations empathy would occur for a specific person, what kind of suffering has to be percieved, who (objects of suffering) would trigger empathy and who wouldn't, whether or not a specific person is faking empathy... To me empathy feels unreliable and uncertain while selfishness feels certain.

I think LCK said it well: "People don't fuck down. They fuck up and cross." I wouldn't expect (nor do I want) someone pretty to fuck me out of pity.

I felt like apologizing before you because I made the post about myself and not you. Supposedly to make myself look better in your eyes. And I said that to make an impression of a honest and self-aware person.

Ed: I googled what roasting in relation to looks means, and they post mostly faces. I think that what people commonly find unattractive in fat people is what is below the face. I'm somewhat fat and my face looks nice, but my body doesn't seem to me nearly as pretty.
scratch my
...ear?

Last edited: