Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
I know Absolut is distilled from grain. But I don't know anything about Greygoose. Is wheat-vodka considered to be better than grain-vodka?
Good question. I have no idea.

We need an expert!

There's def a difference in taste. One of my favorite cooking shows America's Test Kitchen tested recipes for penne allá vodka. They used top shelf to bottom and all of the tasters preferred top in the Recipe.

But I forget the name of the brand they used.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deutsch, Tiburcio and VanHeineken
Sun Stealer

Sun Stealer

Experienced
Aug 19, 2018
As a half pole I was always told that different carbs produce different styles of vodka. Though I think mass production vodkas now use stuff not traditionally associated with vodka. So you can get a great wheat vodka and a crab cheap one depending on quality of ingredients and quality of production. Same with beer where the most important ingredient is water

Reactions: Deutsch, lv-gras, Tiburcio and 2 others
Sun Stealer

Sun Stealer

Experienced
Aug 19, 2018
But as I always say better a bottle a front of me than a frontal lobotomy, so each to their own poison

Reactions: Deutsch, Deleted_9cKnXB34QG, VanHeineken and 1 other person
Oblivion

Oblivion

Wizard
Aug 2, 2018
But is Absolut considered to be low quality?
well it's cheap and tastes like shit alone without a mixer (juice for example).

Is greygoose made from wheat?
yes it is made of wheat.
Btw i've tasted once an indian vodka made of rice, very cheap and better than absolut or stolichnaya, i can compare it to smirnoff.

Reactions: Deutsch, lv-gras, VanHeineken and 1 other person
Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
well it's cheap and tastes like shit alone without a mixer (juice for example).

yes it is made of wheat.
Btw i've tasted once an indian vodka made of rice, very cheap and better than absolut or stolichnaya, i can compare it to smirnoff.

There is an American vodka that's quite popular now. Produced in Texas , made from corn.

Rice vodka sounds interesting.

Reactions: Deutsch, VanHeineken and Tiburcio
Sun Stealer

Sun Stealer

Experienced
Aug 19, 2018
Am told corn is not right just makes mass produced stuff. I only drink good polish stuff. But where I'm now I'm not too bothered

Reactions: Deutsch, Tiburcio and VanHeineken
Sun Stealer

Sun Stealer

Experienced
Aug 19, 2018
Can find a titos. Do you mean that one. Wow Lidl sell a vodka called putinov. I guess trump vodka is next

Reactions: Deutsch, Tiburcio, VanHeineken and 1 other person
D

Deckchairs

Aug 3, 2018
I love johnny walker's double black, best whiskey in the world.
as for vodka i love greygoose, i drink it sac without mixing, great stuff!
However i can't afford them, so i only drink smirnoff, but on my last day i will get me a double black
As a friend once said to me, you have excellent taste in booze. Stay thirsty my friend .

Reactions: Deutsch, Nzbeelover, Deleted_9cKnXB34QG and 4 others
D

Deckchairs

Aug 3, 2018
I'm in a situation (that I don't want to get into) where I have to hide my drinking. :( Also the meds I take make hard liquor undesirable ; too much dehydration and awful hangovers. So I mostly just drink a 6 pack of a craft IPA a few times a week. I'd skip meds and drink fireball, scotch, tanqueray, Greg goose, Patron etc. if skipping meds didn't make me so fucking depressed.

Reactions: Deutsch, lv-gras, Dead_Inside and 4 others
D

Deckchairs

Aug 3, 2018
Having to hide your drinking sucks for a grown man btw. Have to remember to take bottles out to the recycling more often than I'd like.

Reactions: Dogsbody, Deutsch, Dead_Inside and 1 other person
Sun Stealer

Sun Stealer

Experienced
Aug 19, 2018
I'm in a situation (that I don't want to get into) where I have to hide my drinking. :( Also the meds I take make hard liquor undesirable ; too much dehydration and awful hangovers. So I mostly just drink a 6 pack of a craft IPA a few times a week. I'd skip meds and drink fireball, scotch, tanqueray, Greg goose, Patron etc. if skipping meds didn't make me so fucking depressed.
Yes am told I could die from my combination lol

Reactions: lv-gras, Dead_Inside, StarDust and 2 others
Sun Stealer

Sun Stealer

Experienced
Aug 19, 2018
Yeah. Damn.
Yup it's a craft vodka so again might not be traditional carb but if you make it with quality ingredients and method you can get a decent product. Would like to try

Reactions: Smilla, Tiburcio and VanHeineken
StarDust

StarDust

Mage
Aug 21, 2018
What have you guys been drinking lately? I switched from whiskey to rum because its cheaper lol, can't go wrong with good old bacardi

Tequlia normally but I have just started the process of become sober... SIGHS My liver is shot to hell.

Reactions: Deutsch, VanHeineken and Tiburcio
StarDust

StarDust

Mage
Aug 21, 2018
Yes am told I could die from my combination lol

GAH, I love fireball... but my meds and all my drinking have done me a disservice in the end...like you, it is not a good mix and the hangovers are killers and I do mean killers. Bloody hell!

Reactions: Deutsch, lv-gras, Sun Stealer and 2 others
Dead_Inside

Dead_Inside

Wizard
Jul 2, 2018
Having to hide your drinking sucks for a grown man btw. Have to remember to take bottles out to the recycling more often than I'd like.
I started it off that way myself... so I can relate. One day just realized I was going to kill myself so soon that it didn't matter who thought what.... now everyone knows I am the crazy alcoholic. But here they all are ... bitching but still here.

Reactions: Deutsch, Deckchairs, Sun Stealer and 3 others
Sun Stealer

Sun Stealer

Experienced
Aug 19, 2018
Still just working through earth's supply of vodka .... But see I have stairs in my place..... and when I drink I like to have a few oxys .... and sit in the dark. And so while I want to kill my self.... I will probably just trip and die. Drunk, high and in the dark - because my cat can't wait it's fucking turn on the stairs and tripped me.
But tell everyone it was Suicide ok? Make it an awesome story.
Yes I fell right down the stairs 2 years ago

Reactions: Deutsch, VanHeineken, Dead_Inside and 2 others
Sun Stealer

Sun Stealer

Experienced
Aug 19, 2018
Ok it's Friday who is drinking beside me

Reactions: Deutsch, VanHeineken and Dead_Inside
D

Deckchairs

Aug 3, 2018
Deciding whether I'm still gonna volunteer tomorrow or if I'm going to cancel. If I cancel I'll get a nice IPA six pack. Thinking Lagunitas.

Reactions: Deutsch, Sun Stealer, VanHeineken and 2 others
StarDust

StarDust

Mage
Aug 21, 2018
Ok it's Friday who is drinking beside me
Well it is Saturday now...but I'll drink a diet coke if you will have a vodka or something of the like for me!

Reactions: Deutsch, Nzbeelover, VanHeineken and 3 others
Sun Stealer

Sun Stealer

Experienced
Aug 19, 2018
I'm still here on the brandy

Reactions: Deutsch, VanHeineken, Dead_Inside and 2 others
Sun Stealer

Sun Stealer

Experienced
Aug 19, 2018
Good man enjoy I must sleep soon

Reactions: Deutsch, VanHeineken, StarDust and 1 other person
Sun Stealer

Sun Stealer

Experienced
Aug 19, 2018
Sorry I got distracted wish could have a drink with you

Reactions: Deutsch and VanHeineken
D

Deckchairs

Aug 3, 2018
Deciding whether I'm still gonna volunteer tomorrow or if I'm going to cancel. If I cancel I'll get a nice IPA six pack. Thinking Lagunitas.
I lied .. ended up getting a six pack of something called Honker's ale. I used to drink it in Chicago back in he day. Stay thirsty my friends!

Reactions: Deutsch, VanHeineken, Sun Stealer and 3 others