• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

F

FionaWR

May 27, 2019
Hey guys

I'm alcohol dependant. Like literally I can drink 20 beers and I don't feel drunk but it stops the tremors and shaking hands. I can't do anything when I don't drink alcohol. I've been drinking hard for around 6 months. I had a camera down my throat and luckily there's not much wrong. But I've thrown up that much my stomach lining is fucked.

I mainly drank vodka and on some days went through three bottles of 35cl in a day. It all started when I was using it to convince myself to drink N or hang myself in which I had 2 failed attempts. My necks only just stopped hurting from a recent attempt.

So im looking for tips on how to control these tremors, fits and shaking. I have a doctor's appointment for Wednesday but it's just to register I don't know if I'll get to see a doctor.

Thanks x

• Hugs
Reactions: AtomicNewt, Rukia, Coolchicka and 2 others
R

Rez_MbChB

Professional
May 21, 2019
Tell the doctor exactly what your going through, leave out the suicide bit tbh, but convince you want to quite but the physical parts of the addiction are too much for you. They should give you some diazepam to stop the physiological withdrawals. Ask if they wont.

Reactions: Coolchicka, inconsequential, Superfluous and 2 others
F

FionaWR

May 27, 2019
I always thought that they may not administer benzos to an alcoholic as the two don't mix? Correct me if I'm wrong.

R

Rez_MbChB

Professional
May 21, 2019
I always thought that they may not administer benzos to an alcoholic as the two don't mix? Correct me if I'm wrong.

They dont. Both are a CNS depressant, but (big but here) Diazepam is indicated in alcohol withdrawal as it gets rid of the symptoms and helps patients to get over the physiological aspect of it. Some doctors are more strict than others, and personally, I give benzoes to any alcoholic that asks because I have been there and did it without the diazepam. If I had to do it again I would definately write myself a script. Just convince them you're not going to drink, and want to quit but cant deal with the withdrawals (it wont stop cravings mind you).
another thing that will only be once stopped the drinking is something like anatabuse, which essentially makes you sick if you drink. (the chemicals that cause a hangover arent metabolised and you essentially just become reallly really hungover when u drink and it lasts for a while). this might be helpful to ask for as well,

Last edited:
Reactions: inconsequential, Superfluous and FionaWR
F

FionaWR

May 27, 2019
They dont. Both are a CNS depressant, but (big but here) Diazepam is indicated in alcohol withdrawal as it gets rid of the symptoms and helps patients to get over the physiological aspect of it. Some doctors are more strict than others, and personally, I give benzoes to any alcoholic that asks because I have been there and did it without the diazepam. If I had to do it again I would definately write myself a script. Just convince them you're not going to drink, and want to quit but cant deal with the withdrawals (it wont stop cravings mind you).

I genuinely do want to stop. I'm laid in bed now, can't sleep been up all night and it's 5.30am. I can't stop shaking, rolling a cigarette is hard work and I just want some sleep. Also got a loud buzzing noise in my ear that only stops for a couple of seconds if I move my head. It's awful what I've done to myself.

• Hugs
Reactions: inconsequential and Superfluous
R

Rez_MbChB

Professional
May 21, 2019
Yeah I know the feelings bro, I'm sorry theres no miracle to stop physiological withdrawals, if I were you try and quit without but if you cant, keep drinking and wait till you see the doctor. You can go through a lot and do a lot of damage when coing off something when you're as dependant as you seem to be. Although please consider this personal opinion not medical advice given the context of this forum.

Reactions: Pineapplecrown, Superfluous and FionaWR
Kringle's Curse

Kringle's Curse

May 1, 2019
I too have withdraws, and how I deal with them is to drink 2 or 3 beers. But that usually ends up with me drinking almost a whole case LOL....FUCK my life. I should put my shotgun in my mouth tonight.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: AtomicNewt, Rukia, Superfluous and 2 others
R

Rez_MbChB

Professional
May 21, 2019
I too have withdraws, and how I deal with them is to drink 2 or 3 beers. But that usually ends up with me drinking almost a whole case LOL....FUCK my life. I should put my shotgun in my mouth tonight.
Again, same thing with me I know your struggles dude. It fucking sucks but its possible to take control eventually.

Reactions: Pineapplecrown, Kringle's Curse, Superfluous and 1 other person
F

FionaWR

May 27, 2019
A few beers doesn't even cut it I need half a bottle of vodka before my shakes stop.

• Aww..
Reactions: Rukia
mathieu

mathieu

Enlightened
Jun 5, 2019
When I was in a psych clinic it seemed like all the alcoholics were on Valium to control their withdrawals.

Last edited:
R

Rez_MbChB

Professional
May 21, 2019
When I was in a psych clinic it seemed like all the alcoholics were on Valium to control their withdrawals. Probably any benzodiazepine would work (Xanax, Ativan, Klonopin etc..)
Nope just diazepam, different MOA's
Just saying that so they dont take benzos and then still have withdrawals and have to take alcohol to control them and end up mixing the two (can end badly) not to be a dick.

Reactions: Superfluous and inconsequential
D

Dragon

Dec 7, 2018
Withdrawals can really fuck you up. If you've been drinking that heavily for that long and you ran out of money then you should immediately go to a detox ward at the hospital. You will have to stay for 5 or 6 days and they will give you benzos to control your withdrawals as well as vitamins and check your vitals throughout the day. Otherwise you could have seizures or a stroke. I've had to go to detox twice. Don't mess around with withdrawals... Especially severe like that.
A few beers doesn't even cut it I need half a bottle of vodka before my shakes stop.
That's how i used to be. It used to take me 8 drinks in the morning just to feel "normal again." It became more difficult to even get drunk in the first place because I could barely keep up with battling the withdrawals. If you have no alcohol at all and you can't get any then you should really go to the hospital asap.

Last edited:
Reactions: Superfluous, FionaWR and Rez_MbChB
R

Rez_MbChB

Professional
May 21, 2019
Withdrawals can really fuck you up. If you've been drinking that heavily for that long and you ran out of money then you should immediately go to a detox ward at the hospital. You will have to stay for 5 or 6 days and they will give you benzos to control your withdrawals as well as vitamins and check your vitals throughout the day. Otherwise you could have seizures or a stroke. I've had to go to detox twice. Don't mess around with withdrawals... Especially severe like that.

That's how i used to be. It used to take me 8 drinks in the morning just to feel "normal again." It became more difficult to even get drunk in the first place because I could barely keep up with battling the withdrawals. If you have no alcohol at all and you can't get any then you should really go to the hospital asap.

Yup fully agree with this^, if you have those facilities accessable to you would be better than ust getting diazepam off your GP. THe only reason I didnt commit myself to psych ward was I was still trying to hide it from the medical council etc and didnt want to compromise my job on top of everything.

Reactions: Superfluous and FionaWR
Jynxer

Jynxer

Jun 3, 2019
Hey guys

I'm alcohol dependant. Like literally I can drink 20 beers and I don't feel drunk but it stops the tremors and shaking hands. I can't do anything when I don't drink alcohol. I've been drinking hard for around 6 months. I had a camera down my throat and luckily there's not much wrong. But I've thrown up that much my stomach lining is fucked.

I mainly drank vodka and on some days went through three bottles of 35cl in a day. It all started when I was using it to convince myself to drink N or hang myself in which I had 2 failed attempts. My necks only just stopped hurting from a recent attempt.

So im looking for tips on how to control these tremors, fits and shaking. I have a doctor's appointment for Wednesday but it's just to register I don't know if I'll get to see a doctor.

Thanks x
I drink a lot too, not that much... but maybe some good pot could help with the shakes???? It helps for me, but I only drink 8-10 beers a night on average.

Reactions: AtomicNewt
Pineapplecrown

Pineapplecrown

Pine
Oct 21, 2018
I got through it by myself.. You can to. Not a easy road but worth if. Stick it our and never give up BC it's possible to pull yourself out of this cycle
Hugs

Qbert

Qbert

Arcanist
Jan 6, 2019
Seizures/shaking are bad news. Better safe than sorry re: emergency room.

Reactions: inconsequential
J

jake3d

Enlightened
May 29, 2019

Oh yes they do. If you check into a rehab facility or go see your doctor and are 100% honest about being an alcoholic, they will put you on benzos for withdrawal. Though benzos are even more of a bitch to get off of, so i would HIGHLY recommend you to try and ask for Gabapentin instead. I've cleared a particularly nasty hangover with it, it's non-addictive and easy to withdraw from.

Reactions: FionaWR and inconsequential
Qbert

Qbert

Arcanist
Jan 6, 2019
Gabapentin won't help with tremors and seizures.

inconsequential

inconsequential

Enlightened
Jun 1, 2019
Gabapentin won't help with tremors and seizures.

Gabapentin and Pregabalin control seizures and tics to an extent. They're also good for alcohol and benzodiazepine withdrawals, as they interact with the GABA receptors. It's 9 AM so I'm not using fancy doctor words.

Reactions: Superfluous and FionaWR
F

FionaWR

May 27, 2019
Thanks for all the advice guys it's appreciated.

Qbert

Qbert

Arcanist
Jan 6, 2019
Gabapentin and Pregabalin control seizures and tics to an extent. They're also good for alcohol and benzodiazepine withdrawals, as they interact with the GABA receptors. It's 9 AM so I'm not using fancy doctor words.
I stand corrected

Reactions: FionaWR
F

FionaWR

May 27, 2019
Should I just buy Xanax and will this help with the withdrawals? I can source it quite easily.
Don't really like the idea of a rehab centre. "Hi my names Fiona and I'm an alcoholic" - fuck that.

I hate hospitals

• Hugs
Reactions: inconsequential
Qbert

Qbert

Arcanist
Jan 6, 2019
Understandable.

Xanax is short acting, see if you can get valium or ativan.

J

jake3d

Enlightened
May 29, 2019
It is understandable but going to rehab is the right thing to do in your case. You definitely don't want to replace your alcohol addiction with a benzo addiction.

inconsequential

inconsequential

Enlightened
Jun 1, 2019
Understandable.

Xanax is short acting, see if you can get valium or ativan.

Ativan is short-acting. Diazepam (Valium) and Clonazepam (Klonopin) have 80 and 64 hour half-lives, IIRC.

Reactions: throwaway_2620, Superfluous, Qbert and 1 other person
F

FionaWR

May 27, 2019
This is what my sheet says. I don't understand it.

Indications
Gl bleed hawmatenesis vomiting blood 2 occasions

Endoscopy findings

Oesophagus

Grade a one or more mucosal break no longer than 5mm that does not extend between the tops of two mucosal folds

Stomach

Abnormal contents excess gastric fluids
Gastritis superficially erosive gastritis
Free reflux

Treatment

Medical treatment advised commenced lanzoprazole bs 1/52 then 30mgs daily

All confusing.
And no. I have access to Xanax that's the only benzo I can get really. It comes next day delivery too. So if I get bitcoin tomorrow it will come Thursday or Friday at the latest. I can get some resin at the same time too.

Last edited:
Qbert

Qbert

Arcanist
Jan 6, 2019
Last edited:
inconsequential

inconsequential

Enlightened
Jun 1, 2019
Good luck and feel better. Go to hospital if symptoms get worse.

Ativan is what they give in detox, but on a strict dosing protocol. Or librium. Regardless I should do my homework before giving medical advice.

Good luck to OP.

The only reason I'm pedantic about medications is because that information is important. In my experience, Ativan or Valium is what's given in rehabilitation centers. The difference is they give the Ativan roughly every 4-6 hours depending on the severity of the WD symptoms, and they only have to give Valium twice per day. Because of the half-life of Valium, it's easier to taper off of.

Good luck, OP.

Reactions: throwaway_2620, Rez_MbChB, Superfluous and 1 other person
KnightOfEnceladus

KnightOfEnceladus

Lost child in time
May 20, 2019
Alcohol withdrawal, IIRC, is a result of downregulated GABA (gamma-amino butyric acid) reception. GABA is the main inhibitory neurotransmitter in the brain and body, and is opposed by/balanced with glutamate as the main excitatory one. Your symptoms are essentially permanent glutamate poisoning, "excitotoxicity," and the cure is a slow taper with something else that agonizes or positively modulates the GABA receptors. Most likely they'll have you on an ever-decreasing dose of benzos.

Lansoprazole is a member of the proton-pump inhibitor family, related to omeprazole and pantoprazole. They are likely putting you on it to help prevent further damage to the GI tract and hopefully let it heal somewhat.

Reactions: throwaway_2620