• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Oliver

Oliver

Experienced
Feb 28, 2024
(I'm 28m for reference). I was just wondering. Would you consider to not ctb if you didn't age? (staying young forever/for as long as you want).

For me. Aging is by far the biggest reason why I want to ctb. The idea that everything is just going to get worse and worse from year to year and you being absolutely powerless to stop it, is making it all seem so god damn hopeless...

I understand, that if you were dealt a very bad hand - fx being born disabled or maybe being born very ugly or very short (as a man) or having been born into a shit family and experienced abuse or something like that, that you may see life as being worthless regardless, but if you are a normie (like me), would you consider staying alive if you could stay young? Because I would.

Last edited:
FrozenPond

FrozenPond

Mar 1, 2024
It's both for me. Disabled and knowing it will get progressively worse over time. I think people that create a big impact and go out early have the best approach to life. Getting old and watching yourself become irrelevant and lame is just sad.

R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
If I had a purpose I would choose to stay alive maybe and not age but there is no such purpose. I could just observe humanity come and go and ask myself, what is the point?

I am also in conflict with my own needs. Most of them I already dropped and don't want to experience them ever again.

carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
If this is something which worries you a great deal then maybe you could speak to some older people about their experience aging. I'm 46 myself and I was speaking to a lady yesterday who has just reached her 70s about something very similar. As you get older I think your perspectives and priorities change, sure there are things you can no longer do but you also stop taking certain things for granted. A lot of older people are perfectly happy going about their day to day life.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
No, in my case I simply don't wish to exist, I only see eternal non-existence as desirable. For me human existence is an abomination and I find it tragic how this species even evolved at all, I'd prefer to not exist regardless of the circumstances, I have no interest in having the ability to suffer in this futile and meaningless existence.

All humans are capable of suffering so extremely no matter the age anyway and that's enough to make me see existence as completely repulsive and best avoided. Existence itself truly is just an unnecessary harm and to me it's the true problem, I see nothing appealing about being burdened with this existence, I only want eternal nothingness.

Slow_Farewell

Slow_Farewell

Warlock
Dec 19, 2023
Nope. I'm good.
40/m, Asian. That means im old and short. LOL.
i've had CTB thoughts since I was about your age, but i didnt push through because I was still on the optimistic side of things(like, 70 optimistic that things could change at the time, 30 that things were set).
Looking back through the experiences ive had since then though..
it's like, im thankful for the experiences but i'd pass on it unless the circumstances were wildly different. Like Jeff Bezos different.

W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
Well, I am 67, will be 68 in a few weeks and also have 24/7 chronic pain. I can see both sides of your question. One where a person knows that everything is going to start sagging, hearing and sight loss and other aging items and also where one through the years would get to enjoy sunrises and sunsets, a new car, watch, handbag, and the list goes on.

I guess if I look back at my 6 plus decades on this rotating rock, I would do it over again and age, BUT of course do a few things completely different or not at all.

It is a most intriguing question to be sure and thank you so much for bringing it up.

Walter

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
I'm 23 F (and Asian lol btw) and my fear of aging is definitely a big factor in why I want to ctb. I heard that Asians age well, but I still don't want to age. I want to ctb before 25. I have Asperger's and ADHD so I was just not meant to be a good fit for this world. I think that I would still ctb if I didn't age because my problem is more of adulthood (having to work for a living) rather than aging (although if I ctb then I'll kill two birds with one stone). The thought of having to work for a living actively makes me suicidal, I can't imagine signing away the rest of my life to a job. I'd rather die. Escaping capitalism and society is the main reason why I want to ctb. I don't want to have to become another slave in the system. I feel like my freedom would be taken away from me. I always feel like I was meant to die young anyways.

Last edited:
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Old age doesn't necessarily mean that life is bad or it gets worse. I'm in my 40's and my only problem that I can't live my life (and probably I would do it like in my 20's) bc I'm broke. Just age would be no reason for me to consider CTB.

Last edited:
Oliver

Oliver

Experienced
Feb 28, 2024
I totally agree with the money thing. It sucks being broke, but aging and "brokeness" kinda go hand in hand. I don't believe that it's difficult to become independently wealthy - it just takes a lot of work AND time - unless you become very lucky. You probably will have to spend at least 20 years building up your wealth and by that time you are already middle-aged and starting to go downhill - that's why it sucks. If you didn't age it wouldn't be that big of a problem spending 20 years building up your wealth. Of course this is all hypothetical and wishfull thinking...

M

mtoro998

Experienced
Feb 29, 2024
Aging alone isnt reason enough for me. With how messed up my life is though id like to end up before im 40 unless things start getting much better.

P

piryohae3

Jan 2, 2024
I'd still want to die. I'd still hate people and I'd still be lonely. Also I don't want to be around when people start killing each other over fresh water.

Reactions: Homo erectus
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
40/m, Asian. That means im old and short. LOL.
Well, I think age is completely relative (I don't think 40 is old at all - lol). AND.............just being Asian doesn't = short. Look at Shohei Ohtani. I know you were just being facetious, but still.

Reactions: Homo erectus
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

Tread softly for you tread on my dreams
Apr 17, 2023
(I'm 28m for reference). I was just wondering. Would you consider to not ctb if you didn't age? (staying young forever/for as long as you want).

For me. Aging is by far the biggest reason why I want to ctb. The idea that everything is just going to get worse and worse from year to year and you being absolutely powerless to stop it, is making it all seem so god damn hopeless...

I understand, that if you were dealt a very bad hand - fx being born disabled or maybe being born very ugly or very short (as a man) or having been born into a shit family and experienced abuse or something like that, that you may see life as being worthless regardless, but if you are a normie (like me), would you consider staying alive if you could stay young? Because I would.
Life can be good until 40 something but after that it's downhill. Life should end at 45-50.

thinvy

thinvy

Woefully Yours, Luka
Aug 7, 2023
Aging is far from a prime reason for me, but it is on the list. I am looking and sounding more like my mother as I age, and I am already not handling that very well.

Oliver

Oliver

Experienced
Feb 28, 2024
are you okay in the head? why on earth would you think not aging is good? aging is good cuz you will die eventually.
No need to get agressive. Aging is a horrible way to go. It's literally your biological machine breaking down. Most people don't just fall asleep one day and don't wake up. People get sick, decrepit, dependent on others, lose they memory, shit in diapers and so on and so on. Furthermore people lose their hopes and dreams because of it. If you could stay let's say 25, then it would be a lot easier to maintain a postive outlook on life and try to make something out of it, but knowing that your just gonna start decaying rather soon is so f'cking depressing imo. Furthermore, we weren't meant to live past 30 - that's just how brutal evolution is - it doesn't give a single shit about you - simple as that. Aging is a slow and painfull death in the vast majority of cases. Why on earth would you want to go out painfully?

Last edited:
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
For me, it's not the main reason but, it's certainly a consideration. I have no wish at all to get old and develop health issues. I can't see anything that would make that worth it.

Would I stay alive if I was forever young though? No- you still need money in this world and it's getting to the point where any kind of job is unappealing. Give me money, health and youth and I'll consider it- but, that's just greedy I guess.

Slow_Farewell

Slow_Farewell

Warlock
Dec 19, 2023
Well, I think age is completely relative (I don't think 40 is old at all - lol). AND.............just being Asian doesn't = short. Look at Shohei Ohtani. I know you were just being facetious, but still.
LOL.
I wish i had his height, im 5 foot 2 inches.
logically, you're right, 40 isnt that bad in terms of age. I think that's where the quote "Life begins at 40" comes from.
it's more of a "it feels like" thing, specially with the advances in tech.

Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
Aging is one factor. But even without aging, people are fighting each other in this world. When two forever young people are fighting each other, one (or both) will lose and be subject to appalling living conditions as a result. Unless the problem of human infighting is solved, this would be worse than death. It would be interesting to find out how people in the past allegedly lived to several hundred years old without population crisis.

Oliver

Oliver

Experienced
Feb 28, 2024
LOL.
I wish i had his height, im 5 foot 2 inches.
logically, you're right, 40 isnt that bad in terms of age. I think that's where the quote "Life begins at 40" comes from.
it's more of a "it feels like" thing, specially with the advances in tech.
Can't imagine being 5'2. I'm 5'10 and that's short in my country. The average here is 6 foot but I've heard that immigration is dragging down the average so therefore the real average for the natives here is 6'1 - crazy numbers.

How to have a good life?

1. Be born very good-looking and tall (if you're a man).

2. Be born wealthy, so you don't have to slave away the rest of your life.

3. Stop aging at 25.

So yeah, pretty much fucking impossible...

Last edited:
I

InAgony

Student
Feb 19, 2024
No, aging has never been a factor in why I want to die (other than body dismorphic disorder with looks wise for a while). You say year after year it will only get worse, but I've heard a lot of people say they are happier at an older age and not everyone declines in health before they die, some just drop dead or die peacefully, or at least it is very quick.

wait.what

wait.what

no really, what?
Aug 14, 2020
Age is nothing but a number…remember, youth can be horrible too! I remember being about 14 and realizing that I would probably have to live at least another 60 years unless I did something about it.

Obviously I'm still alive almost 40 years later, but a decades-long combo of disabilities and self abuse will probably take me out pretty soon. I hope never to see 60 … not because 60 is inherently bad, but because enough is enough.

leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
My limit is 55 I think. Being elder is whole another basket of suffering especially in this age when retirement is being pushed to 70+

Reactions: Oliver and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
Being elder is whole another basket of suffering especially in this age when retirement is being pushed to 70+
Literally. I've heard horror stories about old age. I've also witnessed it first hand. My grandpa got Alzheimer's and became kind of like a kid again. There's no way in hell that I'm going through old age, it would turn you into a shell of your former self

R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
Literally. I've heard horror stories about old age. I've also witnessed it first hand. My grandpa got Alzheimer's and became kind of like a kid again. There's no way in hell that I want to go through old age, it would turn you into a shell of your former self
My cousins dad had it and he wasn't even that old.

It was sad seeing him get worse and worse throughout the years to the point he couldn't do anything by himself anymore.

• Aww..
Reactions: sserafim
tbroken

tbroken

Wizard
Feb 22, 2024
Aging is one factor. But even without aging, people are fighting each other in this world. When two forever young people are fighting each other, one (or both) will lose and be subject to appalling living conditions as a result. Unless the problem of human infighting is solved, this would be worse than death. It would be interesting to find out how people in the past allegedly lived to several hundred years old without population crisis.
There were already population crisis, plus there was so much ignorance. Life is just go and get and let your name be written on some history book, for good, for bad or for whatever. We are are not eternal my friend, imho you have to just satisfy your body and your mind till you can and then say goodbye when you are tired.