chasedtheWind

chasedtheWind

Nemendsitall
Oct 11, 2020
My view of this is congruent to aliens and big foot. No one ever sees or catches them. All we get is grainy video footage and impression of huge feet on the ground after the fact. I guess in the quest for closure, we can synthesis facts and evidence for peace of mind. It is global reinforcement on abstract matters.

Reactions: profoundexperience and TerminallyAlive
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
Basically we are all conscious beings (people, animals, aliens) at all times both past and future. That'd be totally insane if it were true.
So consciousness is some kind of unified 4 dimensional field, and our subjective bubbles only give an illusion of independence?

I'm reminded of this optical illusion:
D

This is actually just a single grid rotating, but it appears to be independent groupings smaller spinning parts.
It's really a unified field, and would reveal itself as such if our perspective was large enough.
Maybe subjectivity/consciousness is similar in this regard, although any such claims can just be labelled as fuzzy mysticism and may not even be verifiable in principle.
Although I do think that something like e.g. rupert sheldrake's ideas of morphic resonances and morphic fields have some experimental evidence to support them.

Last edited:
Reactions: yetme
R

Rafa-11:11

Aug 31, 2020
I am a Christian believer too, but I'm having a hard time with this because some people say it's a mortal sin while others say God will forgive those who truly believe. I want to end it all, but I'm so afraid of going down to eternal hellfire. I think I've even heard the voice of God telling me not to give up. If I directly disobey Jesus my Lord because I feel that it's too difficult to keep pushing forward, won't that result in eternal damnation and separation from God? I'm scared...
Don't be, scare is a human thing, God is the everlasting love, forgiveness and compassion, relax and don't believe in this fear mongering of everlasting hell that keeps souls trapped in fear what guarantee you have that that voice is God and not the other guy that benefits you being trapped here suffering? God will love you no matter what you are or do, look even a Thief crucified next to Jesus was promised heaven, the other Thief I think was sent straight again to earth...

Last edited:
Joedirt

Joedirt

Sep 17, 2020
The idea i always had and helped me for this was that since no matter if your religious or athiest or whatever it is commonly believed that this reality is infinite. You can scale up or down forever, god is all powerful, etc. Its also believed (by me lol) that consciousness is the whole of reality and god is consciousness, etc. Getting to the point i believe that you determine your afterlife with your will, so christians will go to their interpretation of heaven, athiests will cease to exist entirely, etc. Just imagine and believe in it and you bring it to be.

• Love
Reactions: ReadyForIt and win32
EssenceFocus

EssenceFocus

Student
Sep 28, 2020
what do you think that reality would be like and do you think it's scary?
You basically asked the same question on Monday.
I could write a book about that topic here, but I would suggest you to search for information by yourself if you really want to know it. That will be more helpful, than if I try to explain everything. When you understand the basic structure of consciousness, then these questions won't matter for you anymore.:hug:

Reactions: Homecoming
Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Life's a bitch and then you die.
Feb 23, 2020
OMG will us blokes never learn even in death we are messing the women about but the good news, ghosts can booze and take drugs and have sex, lol, the trouble with Ray the ghost, he went on holiday to Thailand and started mixing with the wrong crowd and started boozing and taking drugs and ghosting his fiance, lol

Oh shit could this article be encouraging suicide, :smiling:

Cheers

Geo

Last edited:
  • Wow
Dizzy_Dreams

Dizzy_Dreams

I’m never alone, I’m alone all the time.
Jun 25, 2020
I believe in reincarnation. As in, when you were born your body and consciousness simply started existing. In this situation you became a person. Perhaps next time you'll be a salmon or a ant. You know. Something like that. Like a never ending circle of consciousnesses. Yours is just being used right now. Also similar, death is very much like what it was before you were born. Remember? No. Just goes on.

so you don't think we go anywhere bad when we die?
Not scary at all, the afterlife realm is actually 180° of what we have in abundance here: pain, fear, uncertainty, loneliness, crimes, cruelty, etc...

so you think in the afterlife there's so pain and hard times?

Last edited:
P

Pastmysellbydate

Oct 19, 2019
That's hell bro, no one deserves It :(
Buddhists have a theory about this. That if you CTB before you fulfil your life's purpose you will keep coming back until you do. A disturbing thought i know and one that has made me hesitant not completely scared of it just hesitant as I look for further confirmation. I have also watched many documentaries about kids being born with post lives memory. One was quite shocking as a child remembered being a german ww2 pilot, by name, rank, their wife and where they were shot down....perhaps a glitch in the matrix. In any case i am torn. If you did come back to the exact life what is to say you will or wont make the same wrong choices again?

Reactions: win32
NotOkay_

NotOkay_

The damage is done, so i guess I’ll be leaving
Dec 2, 2020
I am a Christian believer too, but I'm having a hard time with this because some people say it's a mortal sin while others say God will forgive those who truly believe. I want to end it all, but I'm so afraid of going down to eternal hellfire. I think I've even heard the voice of God telling me not to give up. If I directly disobey Jesus my Lord because I feel that it's too difficult to keep pushing forward, won't that result in eternal damnation and separation from God? I'm scared...
Hell doesn't exist, the earth is hell

Reactions: Homecoming, profoundexperience and yetme
R

RepressedMind

Miss the full ability to think
Apr 24, 2020
I believe that anything is possible and I do believe in the afterlife, but the possibilities on what that afterlife is, are infinite. So I'm not really certain if the afterlife will be better, or worse than our current reality.

Reactions: profoundexperience
L

lonerclown666

Mage
Dec 1, 2020
I believe dreams are our connection with the other life some dreams can be good like heaven others very bad like hell
I dont think that nothingness is forever

Reactions: profoundexperience
O

Oddmass

Nov 25, 2020
Like an endless chain of suicides? Sounds like a cool idea for a movie/book. That must already exist lol
There's certain religions that punish suicides by reincarnating you again with the same issues, dooming to repeat everything over again.

• Aww..
ThrownAwayTom

ThrownAwayTom

Experienced
Oct 3, 2020
There's certain religions that punish suicides by reincarnating you again with the same issues, dooming to repeat everything over again.
Well luckily I don't believe in reincarnation! The maths doesn't add up if you consider the past century or so of reproduction. The same way horoscopes don't work if you factor in time zones. Nothing to it.

Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Life's a bitch and then you die.
Feb 23, 2020
I have always been interested in the afterlife I had an experience when I was about 10 year old but I have read a lot of books on the supernatural and watched so many video's but I have been binge watching Unsolved Mysteries and some of the stories are great I have linked it below, later on in the thread I started searching for the episodes on YouTube and I found them and linked them, there are Ghost stories NDE's and other supernatural stuff.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/original-unsolved-mysteries-series.51207/

Cheers

Geoo

K

Kat!

Elementalist
Sep 30, 2020
possibly. I'm going in hopes that there is so I can at least be happy. we already know that our minds can bend a lot of our reality around us so I'm curious about the conscience.

Reactions: SelfLiberation and esse_est_percipi
M

Mongo

Jan 28, 2020
I believe that you fizzle out like a fart in the wind

Reactions: Gnip
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
This is just an idea. Our center of awareness gets reduced to below the smallest possible distance (planck length), beyond which is a whole other reality governed by geometries and mathematics and beings beyond our comprehension. There is no time or space there. Words arranged in sentences according to grammatical rules cannot begin to describe it, but it is somehow metaphysically necessary, such that questions like 'why does it exist rather than not?' are meaningless there.

Last edited:
Deleted member 23774

Deleted member 23774

Nov 14, 2020
Yes, I believe that there is an afterlife, I used to be totally in organized religion and I believed that there was only heaven and hell, but a couple of years ago my mind expanded that there could be more. I believe that some people can go to limbo for a while and I believe that there is a possibility of another life where you experience karma. I'm kind of afraid to find out for sure. I used to do the crappiest things to people, but I'm working on becoming a better person. I think that my punishment for my past is going on now and I'm hoping that it won't go into my next life. All I know is that I can't handle the torment of my past mistakes and my past abuse anymore and I'm hoping that I will finally get peace after I die, which I hope to do before Christmas.

• Hugs
Reactions: Homecoming and Spitfire
win32

win32

I did it for me.
Mar 26, 2020
Curious, why do you hope for that?

Not the person you replied to, but I also hope there's an afterlife, because I feel like this life was totally robbed from me by shitty circumstances.
But if it's eternal nothingness then so be it, I'll still gladly take that over this suffering. I just hope it's not reincarnation.

Mr blobby

Mr blobby

Nov 29, 2020
I made a thread on this yesterday. Would be interested to know your thoughts :

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/nde-afterlife-science.55496/