• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
In the end, it may be very difficult to find those answers, and any answer that we find may be wrong, because we may not understand how to interpret it correctly.
I can only give the answers that I expect Ramana would give. I cannot answer from my own experience.

The universe is only an appearance, not real, so there is no question of it having an origin. The nature of the Self (God, consciousness) is completely eternal, but formless. What we see is projected from ourselves, including other people. Our mistake is taking the appearances to be real. He liked to make comments like, "It is as it is," which discouraged wasting time trying to mentally understand the cosmos.

The ultimate question then becomes 'Who am I?' With the right guidance, this is where the potential for liberation lies.

I

Its like that

Dec 15, 2021
Basically, it doesn't matter what planet, dimension or universe we find ourselves in. Ultimately the point of being there will be to give things a go. This earth is just another place where things happen! I cant enjoy it anymore, illness has taken over. So now contemplation begins on how to escape life. Reduced to eating, drinking and breathing. Hardly living. Even if we picture things or existing in another state, that too would bring its own challenges! However, i welcome them.

E

Elegy

Student
Nov 14, 2021
You've known, since the day you were born... Something is very wrong with this picture. Things are not adding up. I'm not supposed to be here. The universe, should not exist. I should not exist. This is a mad house. A Lunatic asylum! NONE of this shit makes any sense. WTF is happening here?

Good on ya. That is the first step of many to follow...

callme

callme

I'm a loose cannon - I bang all the time.
Aug 15, 2021
What's the use?

"Argue no more what a good man ought to be - be one." Marcus Aurelius

V

verywellthen

Dec 16, 2021
I just wish it is game over, no more existence for me, no reincarnation or afterlife. This wish used to bring me great comfort, now it feels a little kore sad, but hearing what all religions and whatnot have to say about the alternatives, i'd just still go for lights out, eternal sleep.

Reactions: jimmy7754
_Minsk

_Minsk

death: the cure for life
Dec 9, 2019
Tl;DR: cactus trip, did see spirits xD

I've done san Pedro (mescaline cactus) once and i saw two spirits. I felt like my senses were heightened. It might have been a hallucination but i must say the spirits seemed very real. They looked like human beings but they were semi transparent, like on a layer that is below our physical one, this layer had such high resolution, it felt amazing, nothing compared to the "physical". I know it was just a cactus trip but it did really impress me. The two spirits were female and they radiated pure peace and tranquillity, i could hear them but im no longer sure if i did so internally or externally.

Edit: psychedelics can be very frightening/dangerous nonetheless, for me the cactus was kinda nice compared to other lab made psychedelics I've tried, be very careful, im not recommending anyone to do it.

Last edited:
TheHatedOne

TheHatedOne

Death is salvation
Sep 26, 2021
Recently I've tried to think deeper about death just being a permanent sleep. If things go according to plan, I have one month left to live, and I try to comfort myself this way and not think about something else.

Analyzing sleep a bit. You don't realize when it happens, it just happens. Your awareness and everything just disappears. No feeling, no warning, nothing. It becomes pitch black without knowing. And then you don't feel anything (well that's if we exclude the possibility of nightmares and dreams). At one point you wake up as suddenly as you went to sleep.

And that's how I like to imagine what it is after death. Sleeping, but permanently. You won't realize when you will fall "asleep", I think.

We could consider the period before being born a sleep too.

Well, I don't know if this makes any sense but I just want to reduce my anxiety regarding the subject hjfjgkg.

T

Trjan

Jan 22, 2020
I strongly believe in a form of reincarnation. I don't believe we, as our own identities and souls come back into something else, yet, have the opportunity to start fresh in a new lease of life.
Every person (host) is controlled by somebody. You control you. Your friends and family are controlled by a host. "You" are disconnected from the host, as that host could be anyone, you have just been placed into the host you are in now. Much as how it could be in an after life - just of course you would not be aware of your previous host.

CrestfallenMima

CrestfallenMima

Staring into the abyss
Dec 28, 2021
This is the second worst thing to hell

Quantum Immortality:
Some people think that when something happens, new versions of reality are made, one for each possible outcome of the thing happening. For example, you flip a coin. In one universe, the coin comes up heads. In another universe it comes up tails. Now say you decide to kill yourself. You get a gun and point it at your head and pull the trigger. In one universe, it goes off and you die. In another, the gun jams and you live. Since the only universe you are alive in is the one where you live, you experience that universe. Therefore, according to you, you do not die. This happens every time you have a chance of dying. According to you, you can never die.

Shu

Shu

As above, So Below.
Jan 21, 2022
You won't die. You change Uniforms=Unique forms. See @Gnosis.
You are eternal.

Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

“Ye shall be as gods..🍎 🐍”
Jun 22, 2021
I want to put my thoughts down about this. There are two points about how to think on the matter of dying and things are related to it.
There are none-speculative parts and speculative parts.

What is none-speculative:
-Dying is ceasing of vital signs in irreversible manner.
-Near Death Experiences: they are not coming back from death. The body and the brain may go into a very low vital state but not absolute zero. The natural vital state alters between high wave (long) and zero wave (short) and when the high wave gets too low as to be close to zero wave it gives the illusion of a flat line but it is not really a flat line and then high wave comes back and the rythm is restored to normal level which gives the illusion of coming back from the dead.
-Conscience mind of the brain is known. The unconscious mind is unknown for the most part

What is speculative (part of this is my own conjectures and part is my understanding to my religion's beliefs:
1)My conjucture-The unconscious mind is like a super computer Network that is not limited by the brain which is a node that has access to that network through the interfacing with the conscience mind so when someone dies their conscience mind (thoughts, memories, feelings, personality) is not lost forever. It is stored by the unconscious mind by the interfacing.
2) According to my religions literature as to what happens to when someone dies and there are different things that could happen based on how good or bad the person is and it is a spectrum not binary:
A) Person is good: their conscience gets transported to another body in the Interstice World (inbetween The lowly world which is this life and the last world which is the eternal world) which is a dimension that the dead occupy which is similar to our world in that it has physics and biology so people wake up in a body like theirs in the past life and they eat, drink and walk, talk etc. time flow is incredibly slow In this world so 7 mins to them maybe a century has passed in our world. They are waiting to be resurrected with everyone back to this world in judgement day.
B)The wicked ones: also their consciousness gets transported to bodies in the Interstice World but in cages and being reprimanded and kept in bad conditions as they have done so to other people in their past life. Time flows incredibly fast so 7 years passed there will be like 1 minute passed in our world. They are also waiting to be resurrected with everyone for judgement day.
C) Neutral people: neither good nor bad. They remain dead as not being conscience until they are resurrected in judgement day with everyone else
D) Judgment day: every human and animal is resurrected after final extinction happens on earth and every living being dies and some period of no living beings exist anymore maybe for million years. When everyone is alive again on this earth but everything changes and physical and cosmic laws have changed and nothing looks the same anymore. People and animals come back and recieve judgement. Blanace is restored. If someone hurt another they get what has been taken from them back and the perpetrator suffers consequences. If someone did something good for another being they get rewarded. There wicked are punished, the good are rewards, the neutral ones are examined further to show if they are good or bad and then rewarded or punished accordingly. Animals are brought back so if some human wronged them (except slaughtering for food or using them for travel, farming) then the animals see their revenge but all animals perish after they were done with getting their grievances but animals are not judged so they are neither rewarded no punished.

I didnt write all of this for entertainment value but to share my thought as to why people may think death is not the end. When you die you die that is not a speculative issue but I wanted to clarify why people tend to speculate about continuity after death.

There will never be scientific evidence for the afterlife. It is simply impossible.

• Love
Reactions: Shu
albino_elk

albino_elk

im infj with bpd=dysfunctional trash
Aug 25, 2020
@Hereforeternity what this mans youtube channel name?

Shu

Shu

As above, So Below.
Jan 21, 2022
I want to put my thoughts down about this. There are two points about how to think on the matter of dying and things are related to it.
There are none-speculative parts and speculative parts.

What is none-speculative:
-Dying is ceasing of vital signs in irreversible manner.
-Near Death Experiences: they are not coming back from death. The body and the brain may go into a very low vital state but not absolute zero. The natural vital state alters between high wave (long) and zero wave (short) and when the high wave gets too low as to be close to zero wave it gives the illusion of a flat line but it is not really a flat line and then high wave comes back and the rythm is restored to normal level which gives the illusion of coming back from the dead.
-Conscience mind of the brain is known. The unconscious mind is unknown for the most part

What is speculative (part of this is my own conjectures and part is my understanding to my religion's beliefs:
1)My conjucture-The unconscious mind is like a super computer Network that is not limited by the brain which is a node that has access to that network through the interfacing with the conscience mind so when someone dies their conscience mind (thoughts, memories, feelings, personality) is not lost forever. It is stored by the unconscious mind by the interfacing.
2) According to my religions literature as to what happens to when someone dies and there are different things that could happen based on how good or bad the person is and it is a spectrum not binary:
A) Person is good: their conscience gets transported to another body in the Interstice World (inbetween The lowly world which is this life and the last world which is the eternal world) which is a dimension that the dead occupy which is similar to our world in that it has physics and biology so people wake up in a body like theirs in the past life and they eat, drink and walk, talk etc. time flow is incredibly slow In this world so 7 mins to them maybe a century has passed in our world. They are waiting to be resurrected with everyone back to this world in judgement day.
B)The wicked ones: also their consciousness gets transported to bodies in the Interstice World but in cages and being reprimanded and kept in bad conditions as they have done so to other people in their past life. Time flows incredibly fast so 7 years passed there will be like 1 minute passed in our world. They are also waiting to be resurrected with everyone for judgement day.
C) Neutral people: neither good nor bad. They remain dead as not being conscience until they are resurrected in judgement day with everyone else
D) Judgment day: every human and animal is resurrected after final extinction happens on earth and every living being dies and some period of no living beings exist anymore maybe for million years. When everyone is alive again on this earth but everything changes and physical and cosmic laws have changed and nothing looks the same anymore. People and animals come back and recieve judgement. Blanace is restored. If someone hurt another they get what has been taken from them back and the perpetrator suffers consequences. If someone did something good for another being they get rewarded. There wicked are punished, the good are rewards, the neutral ones are examined further to show if they are good or bad and then rewarded or punished accordingly. Animals are brought back so if some human wronged them (except slaughtering for food or using them for travel, farming) then the animals see their revenge but all animals perish after they were done with getting their grievances but animals are not judged so they are neither rewarded no punished.

I didnt write all of this for entertainment value but to share my thought as to why people may think death is not the end. When you die you die that is not a speculative issue but I wanted to clarify why people tend to speculate about continuity after death.

There will never be scientific evidence for the afterlife. It is simply impossible.
@Xeroornothing I feel like it could be like this also. I feel like we are in the land of the dead already.

Sorry for quoting the bible but this hits deep.

Revelation 9:6

And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.

Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

“Ye shall be as gods..🍎 🐍”
Jun 22, 2021
Revelation 9:6

And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.
This verse is on my mind everyday. Although I am not christian but I believe the bible has some uncorrupted truth to it and this verse is a good example

L

Looooser

My 2 cents
Feb 3, 2022
Does anyone think that in the afterlife you'll look like how you died in this life? For example if you hung yourself and broke your neck you'd have a bobble head in the afterlife? Or a hole in your head if you shoot yourself? The movie Beetlejuice came to mind.

Reactions: Death is beautiful
elfin

elfin

Feb 8, 2022
i didn't really believe in anything until my boyfriend died. i thought if there was something then reincarnation was the most logical. after my partner's passing i've experienced so many weird things and i don't think all of it is coincidental. i couldn't possibly guess what's happening, i have no idea what i believe anymore.

maybe it is all just one massive coincidence and i'm just completely losing my mind, desperate for there to be something because it means that he isn't gone forever and that maybe there's a chance i'll see him again when i go. i don't know. i don't believe in a heaven/hell kind of situation though, that's for sure.

• Hugs
Reactions: D&D
bad luck

bad luck

Memento mori
Mar 2, 2021
It's only recently that I value atheism. The catholic god makes me laugh and reincarnation seems like a pointless bitch to me. I believe that the human being does not have the capacity to understand non-existence; death, nothing...

Reactions: jimmy7754
Squalo

Squalo

A Fatal Mistake
Jan 14, 2021
I just ordered Life After Life by Raymond Moody, a famous book that collects various NDE testimonials;
I am passionate about this topic, I am firmly convinced that after death I will abandon this hell on earth to return to my real home.

• Wow
Reactions: medjooled11
bad luck

bad luck

Memento mori
Mar 2, 2021
I just ordered Life After Life by Raymond Moody, a famous book that collects various NDE testimonials;
I am passionate about this topic, I am firmly convinced that after death I will abandon this hell on earth to return to my real home.
I recommend Jim B. Tucker. psychiatrist Ph.D. at the University of Virginia. He has a case about a boy who remembered his previous life. He was an American aviator in the war against Japan. It is one of the best documented cases in the West since he gave accurate data about his previous life, he even visited his wife from his previous life as a pilot.

lyles

lyles

Student
Oct 13, 2021
I am assuming that our consciousness leaves and that will be that, we won't exist in any comprehensible capacity the way that we have again. We will exist in the way that dirt and trees exist. I could be wrong, but that is what I figure is the most likely scenario.

It isn't a bad thing, it is a pretty neutral phenomenon that I am looking forward to, all things considered! Like being asleep in some ways. There won't be pain or anything to worry about cause you can't worry. But if I could just choose, personally, what happened after death? No limitations? I would reincarnate with my loved ones into a world of my choosing. So like, I could live in the Pokemon world or some anime or whatever else! And just knowingly live that life with my loved ones and get to have those experiences and everything. I would love that. Even if it never does happen, it is comforting for me to think about.

Whatever happens after death, I am genuinely looking forward to it!

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
There is a documentary about near death experiences, very interesting.