• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

FFTMGD

FFTMGD

Jun 7, 2019
I think I made a post here awhile back, about how I think the afterlife is just another dream we go to. But I believe it now with future evidence that your soul goes to your religion's place, or you just travel the spirit realm until demons or something get you if you don't reincarnate

E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
what about those who die of dimentia or Alzheimer's disease
I don't think that makes a difference.
If consciousness can survive death, I don't think personal memories would be essential.
Even if personal memories are somehow independent of the brain (although the brain is necessary to instantiate them in spacetime, they are not in any one place in the brain because the brain is like a storage device and not a memory machine. If a storage device stops existing, the thing it was storing doesn't necessarily stop existing as well, it is just not stored in anything anymore), I don't think they are necessary for subjective experience to continue.
Maybe they would be like a parallel program in another dimension which consciousness could access if it wants to once the brain dies, but it wouldn't be identical to the program.

Last edited:
ManWithNoName

ManWithNoName

Enlightened
Feb 2, 2019
I don't think that makes a difference.
If consciousness can survive death, I don't think personal memories would be essential.
Even if personal memories are somehow independent of the brain (although the brain is necessary to instantiate them in spacetime, they are not in any one place in the brain because the brain is like a storage device and not a memory machine. If a storage device stops existing, the thing it was storing doesn't necessarily stop existing as well, it is just not stored in anything anymore), I don't think they are necessary for subjective experience to continue.
Maybe they would be like a parallel program in another dimension which consciousness could access if it wants to once the brain dies, but it wouldn't be identical to the program.
I see what you are saying, but about those whose Alzheimer's was so bad the person afflicted didn't even know who she / he was when they passed away?

E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
I see what you are saying, but about those whose Alzheimer's was so bad the person afflicted didn't even know who she / he was when they passed away?
That wouldn't exclude consciousness in the form of generic awareness continuing in some way. And even without alzheimer's, people don't remember most of their life experiences, but there is evidence (i.e. in hypnosis) to suggest that all memories are stored at a subconscious level.
So alzheimer's might just be an illness which stops conscious awareness accessing memories, but the memories themselves may be located at a deeper level of reality.

W

Want100%painless

Oct 23, 2020
It's weird but I don't really care if there is a afterlife or not, I'm terrified of life and living, feel more comfortable with death I'm also not afraid of it.

win32

win32

I did it for me.
Mar 26, 2020
I firmly believe that personality and memories are a purely material phenomenon. I don't think there's anything could convince me otherwise. You can get brain damage or dementia and turn into a completely different person.

I also think the conscious experience comes from something non-physical (I don't know if I'd call it a soul, but that's the closest thing) and the body is merely a host for it. "You" are your consciousness, not your physical body.

That's why religious afterlives makes no sense to me. Heaven and hell as they're commonly portrayed don't really make sense if personality and memories (and thus, free will) are only consequences of material reality, your physical body.

The most appealing idea is that after death, you go wherever you believe you'll go, or even wherever you want to go. But realistically, I think it's either A. nothing (most likely), or B. your consciousness will bind to something else after your current body ceases to function. A is fine by me, B would suck.

Reactions: Fehler and Puffinz
stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
I personally would be bored after a while in a traditional "heaven setting" (whatever religion turns out to be the "right" one).
What is there to do for all eternity? After a while you talked with everyone you'd like to about everything.
And even the greatest of joys couldn't last forever.

No, thanks.

I rather take the non-existence.

Reactions: Kat!
K

Kat!

Elementalist
Sep 30, 2020
G
I personally would be bored after a while in a traditional "heaven setting" (whatever religion turns out to be the "right" one).
What is there to do for all eternity? After a while you talked with everyone you'd like to about everything.
And even the greatest of joys couldn't last forever.

No, thanks.

I rather take the non-existence.
Great point. With fortune comes sadness, for me as well.
I would be happy in the first few days but it would get really boring REALLY quick.

My ideas constantly conflict with one another, but I feel as if death is the end, permanently, and hopefully that turns out true.

waterstrider

waterstrider

cold
Nov 29, 2020
I grew up in an atheist household and still can't believe in any afterlife or god.

But I'd love to have some kind of lounge where everyone I know and already lost or maybe also some famous people could just hang out and talk to each other and have a good time all together.
So that I for once would feel welcomed in a group and forget all my shitty experiences I had on earth. And whenever somebody I like(d) dies they just join in.

I guess I'll take nonexistance as well at least it can't be worse then.

Reactions: adam&eve
Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Life's a bitch and then you die.
Feb 23, 2020
Not saying I have an addictive personality but I hope there is some equivalent to getting drunk or stoned in the after life, :smiling: I have read and watched so many supernatual books and video's but even if there is nothing we are all going to experience it sooner or later so I don't worry. I have linked below the original unsolved mystery thread, as I watch the episodes I look for them on YouTube and link the supernatual episodes. I am only on series 7 so may be a few more to add in the future.
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/original-unsolved-mysteries-series.51207/
Cheers

Geo

E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
I personally would be bored after a while in a traditional "heaven setting"
What is a 'traditional heaven setting'?
If there is some kind of continued consciousness after death, then it either takes the form of reincarnation, or it's completely unimaginable from our biochemical spacetime point of view.

win32

win32

I did it for me.
Mar 26, 2020
What is a 'traditional heaven setting'?

The Christian version goes something like "a place where you hang out with your dead family/friends to worship God, and are unable to sin. Forever."

Sounds horrible, like its own kind of hell.

Aug 21, 2019
If some awareness would still be present after death, then it should be always present at the same level:
  • If you drink, take drugs, are tired your awareness is decreasing at a lower level.
  • If you sleep, your awareness is at level zero (Maybe you are dreaming, but still your awareness is not 100 %).

This is why I don't believe in this nonsense.

K

Kat!

Elementalist
Sep 30, 2020
Personally I hope it's nothing. I think "soul" is a myth. Doesnt exist.
I feel like people came up with the soul when death was observed.

If you've ever held someone when they die, it's honestly the weirdest feeling. One second you're holding someone with an existence and conscience just like you, and the next they just go limp and now you're holding a husk of what they were.

I imagine this would have led people to thinking that something left the body, something we can't see exactly, but that something WAS there.
This isn't a bad conclusion actually, because the soul was the original idea for the self, or the conscience of someone.

Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
If I end up in heaven, I'm going in armed to the teeth to make someone pay for the life I just had.

Reactions: Sprite_Geist

Aug 21, 2019
Can someeone please explain me, what a soul should be?

If we were souls prisoned in our bodies and our brains are just receiver like tv receiver, then you would not need eyes,ears because your immortal superpowered soul should do it better.
If you were a soul, how can it be that someone in his whole life didn't notice it and why is like i wrote before your soul not all the time here and why can you not remember anything before your life.
If we have a soul, than every living being should have one, this would mean after 3,5 billion years of evolution, there would be I have no plan maybe trillions over trillions immortal souls.
For what should the brain be so complex and energie consuming, if it's just a receiver of some strange matter like a soul.
Why should the evolution take so much effort to make such complicated thing and energie consuming like the eyes, ears, brains if you would have a soul.

Can please, please someone explain me how it can it be that the whole world is believing in such a complete garbage. Just because the reality is too hard and they can not believe that we stem from monkeys and this would mean that this would mean that they are just a gathering of carbon, hydrogen, oxygen and that our lives are for nothing.

H

Heaven

Dec 9, 2020
My view is simple: heaven or hell. I'm a Christian, so I believe that as long as you accept Jesus as your savior, you would go the heaven. If you don't, then you go to hell.

L

lonerclown666

Mage
Dec 1, 2020
If heaven exist i will not be there but everything is better than this life

Reactions: Kat!
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Just dropping a link off for anyone interested in NDEs or OBEs. This is the largest collection of such stories on the internet.

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
No one will believe me because every person, religion or whatever have their own beliefs but...

I really think we're inside a simulation. I've experienced "slow motion" and lag issues when just looking around the world.
Whenever I "forced" an action to be instant it's as if the system is not prepared for that and has to load it really fast.

Or maybe, it's my brain just messing with me.

Food for thought!

Last edited:
K

Kat!

Elementalist
Sep 30, 2020
No one will believe me because every person, religion or whatever have their own beliefs but...

I really think we're inside a simulation. I've experienced "slow motion" and lag issues when just looking around the world.
Whenever I "forced" an action to be instant it's as if the system is not prepared for that and has to load it really fast.

Or maybe, it's my brain just messing with me.

Food for thought!
If you've ever had a near-death experience, you probably had one of those moments. Depends on what or how it was happening.

I was stupid enough to go down the largest and steepest incline on my bike in our old neighborhood, with my friend, and he had the brake pressed down the whole time, but I just let mine ride down.
I turned a left into a big gravel space, (since there was no road left ahead of me to speed down) and there was trees all around it, and I was headed DIRECTLY into a giant tree behind a ditch. So right then and there, I felt everything slow down, the wind seemed to stop speeding past me, and I tore myself away from the bike, as everything went back to normal.
I am still freaked out by that incident, don't know why the brain does that but whatever I guess.

As for simulation, I wouldn't rule it out, it is entirely possible. I would like to believe there is something after, or maybe something after this simulation.

D

Deleted member 19276

Wizard
Jun 28, 2020
I have never been a religious person, thinking of some magical God in the skies that carries out the meaning for us... But to those that believe in that sort of thing, I wish no harm to them and do not mean to offend. To each - Their own.

As far as what my views are when an after life is involved, here it goes...
I honestly don't think there is a Hell. I don't think there is a Heaven of any kind either. But!
I do like to believe that almost everything, one way or another is connected.
From the energy, life force, be it on the quantum level the brain emits... I am sure there is some way for that same "presence" to be preserved.
Of course, we may never know how or in what fashion, but... If things such as electricity exist, which is a type of energy on it's own, then I am sure nothing really goes to waste with the said "humanity" or so on.
A few years back, there was this show on Discovery, I am not sure if it still airs... It was about ghosts.
Some of it was pretty stupid, I admit. But a few things with their ideas, no matter how fake caught my attention.
One is that the energy can be not only in the afterlife, but it can become external as well, even for the living being.
Sort of like... How some say that the native Americans were capable of projecting their spirits outside of their body.
Furthermore, it is to be noted that the energy, it can be into two forms - One that wants to seek the bad for others... And one that wants to either seek help or offer it.
But you know, long story short, I like to believe in spirituality and most importantly - Energy. In the scientific level.
As far as the saying "You go to hell for CTB" goes, we all know that it's just a form of control over us, from people that have nothing better to do with their lives.

Reactions: Jarni and Kat!
astronaut

astronaut

Is life worth living, should I blast Myself ?
Dec 13, 2020
I belive in life after death, consciousnes lives Forever.