Bluefish

Bluefish

Oct 18, 2019
I hope its just nothingness. You fall asleep and your soul becomes free and you can finally rest. As a child i believed in hell but i dont anymore. Hell is already on earth and if god truly existed he wouldn't be worth my time anyways.

T

TakeHold

Oct 17, 2019
I think no "conciousness self" in traditional way of understanding is preserved after death, neither it does in a way most of religions tend to describe. I mean, no direct memories, no direct associations, feelings, images - nothing of it. It kinda became obvious to me after experiences with general anaesthesia. I can say that truly it's like a cut in the movie. I was frightened how literally exact it feels - just "a few hours later". That is, like somebody just switched brain off for several hours.

However, I can't truly believe there is "nothingness" after death. There are clearly some mechanics we yet don't understand involved in self-awareness. I like the term "observer" from quantum mechanics, but it's not fully applicable too. "Soul", as we call it, may be a certain continuous measurement process, result of which is brain activity. When body dies, the process is just brought into different state, but it doesn't cease to exist because certain work was done on it, and you can't just lose some work in isolated system which is universe. Just same laws as with physical matter. But while body decomposes into rotten flesh, bones, etc and eventually into soil, it's hard to imagine into which observation process can decompose into. Any human concepts are flawed because we've never directly dealt with final state of observation process after death, we only could see it from aside. But from individual point of view, I think it's safe to assume that no personality is preserved after death, so you can say that it turns to "nothing" personality unit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Soul
ish

ish

Experienced
Jul 20, 2019
I think no "conciousness self" in traditional way of understanding is preserved after death, neither it does in a way most of religions tend to describe. I mean, no direct memories, no direct associations, feelings, images - nothing of it. It kinda became obvious to me after experiences with general anaesthesia. I can say that truly it's like a cut in the movie. I was frightened how literally exact it feels - just "a few hours later". That is, like somebody just switched brain off for several hours.

However, I can't truly believe there is "nothingness" after death. There are clearly some mechanics we yet don't understand involved in self-awareness. I like the term "observer" from quantum mechanics, but it's not fully applicable too. "Soul", as we call it, may be a certain continuous measurement process, result of which is brain activity. When body dies, the process is just brought into different state, but it doesn't cease to exist because certain work was done on it, and you can't just lose some work in isolated system which is universe. Just same laws as with physical matter. But while body decomposes into rotten flesh, bones, etc and eventually into soil, it's hard to imagine into which observation process can decompose into. Any human concepts are flawed because we've never directly dealt with final state of observation process after death, we only could see it from aside. But from individual point of view, I think it's safe to assume that no personality is preserved after death, so you can say that it turns to "nothing" personality unit.
Nothingness, results from the fact that individual consciousness
ceases to exist with the death of the brain and senses.
Body matter changes physical condition. Individual
the observer ceases to exist. Quantum physics has created
the notion of non-local space and non-local consciousness.
Are asked to introduce the concept of a non-local observer,
Collective consciousnessall living people can be such a non-local observer.
It still exists and its elemental ingredients
(individual consciousness of man) are constantly supplemented with these depleting ones (just like in the place of dying cells in the living
organism new ones are created).
The "work" done in the universe system is not lost,
breaks down into elements that are reassembled to
do "work" in the same way as matter.

H

hatelife

Experienced
Oct 13, 2019
Death is the great equalizer for everyone, thats why rich famous ppl dont want to die.
Why does it have an afterlife? I discussed this with my mom today and told her when I commit suicide soon hopefully I probably wont be alive in an afterlife, I were not alive before I was born and "I" was fine with that.

I do wonder whats the real point of having to be alive, I mean SI and reproducing genes(the best fitted in that enviroment, doesnt mean the best genes overall).
Sometimes I really am curious just to find out when I die what really happens, I cant wait at times like im going to visit a foreign country somewhere and getting ready, at other times Im scared, but I have always planned to do it sometime in the future I dont know when, Ive thought about it for 10+ years now already.

I do wonder what causes placebo, what is placebo, and why can it impact a humanbeing if somebody were to tell them they are cursed or something of that nature like friday the 13th is inlucky day and more accidents happen that day than others I have read, also the cursed thing, I saw on science show on teve. Maybe thats why law of attraction works if u really believe in it?

Last edited:
T

TakeHold

Oct 17, 2019
The "work" done in the universe system is not lost,
breaks down into elements that are reassembled to
do "work" in the same way as matter.
Yeah, that's exactly my thoughts. It's just hard to understand from the viewpoint of a living human being :)

H

Heart of Ice

Chillin'
Sep 26, 2019
I've been really thinking about death recently. I feel like death might just be like going to sleep. But recently, when my own death comes closer every day, I feel like that is too simple. I feel like something has to happen (from my perspective) between loss of consciousness and death. Will I feel myself cease to exist? The transition part, the in between, is what really scares me a bit about death.

Being dead does not scare me, I believe there is simply nonexistence and no physical part of my body to feel it. There won't be a black void, a limbo, as even experiencing that requires a body. I still ponder, however, the completely silly notion, of what nonexistence would "feel" like. It's equally as pointless a mental exercise as to imagine the world before the universe, as we can't imagine a world without our senses. (We need to see the white/black void to know it's there!)

What do you guys think the in between will be like? I wish someone could hop into a death simulation machine and come back and tell us what happened.

Reactions: reapandsow918, Soul and Foster13
N

neilo99

Tired of Life
Oct 9, 2019
I think your brain shuts down and that is it, I'd be happy with that

Reactions: Heart of Ice and Timetoleave
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I've been really thinking about death recently. I feel like death might just be like going to sleep. But recently, when my own death comes closer every day, I feel like that is too simple. I feel like something has to happen (from my perspective) between loss of consciousness and death. Will I feel myself cease to exist? The transition part, the in between, is what really scares me a bit about death.

Being dead does not scare me, I believe there is simply nonexistence and no physical part of my body to feel it. There won't be a black void, a limbo, as even experiencing that requires a body. I still ponder, however, the completely silly notion, of what nonexistence would "feel" like. It's equally as pointless a mental exercise as to imagine the world before the universe, as we can't imagine a world without our senses. (We need to see the white/black void to know it's there!)

What do you guys think the in between will be like? I wish someone could hop into a death simulation machine and come back and tell us what happened.
Perceiving nothingness is impossible, which may be why so much of human belief is dualistic in nature ie the physical plus the spiritual. Everyone, even materialists tend to have an inherent evolutionary bias towards a dualistic viewpoint. It's why the staunchest atheist will often pray when in dire need. Either that or the instinct to perceive dualism is correct.
As to the dying time... there is a consensus that time is relative. I would imagine the possibility of extreme time dilation as death approaches.

F

Foster13

Oct 24, 2019
So scared and don't want it to be complete end... really hope there's something after life..

Reactions: adam&eve
purplemoon

purplemoon

I Have the Light Inside, Surrounded by Darkness
Sep 22, 2019
I'm a Christian as well, but I generally only take organized religion with a grain of salt to a point... they get many things right, but many are off, based on my personal spiritual experiences. My first major death experience was years ago, but I remember it differently than other memories... I overdosed hoping to die, and I did... I certainly was not sent to hell for my suicide, in fact, after I got away from playing around in the black void where demons arrived, I called out for Jesus Christ and had my life review, was told I am definitely (not maybe, but Absolutely) going to return to heaven after I complete my 'job' on earth (to be one of the thousands of God's witnesses). There is a hell, there is a void, and there is a real Heaven. I think it's a serious mistake when people decide not to get to know God just based on their human-defined or human-centered experiences with organized religion. I'm certainly not ever against church, but I am against corrupt people ruining church or not honoring what church is supposed to be... a safe, kind, and loving place. Anyway, I was breezing through and noticed you felt like you were almost completely alone (okay maybe we are)... but if you are still in this physical realm, you can feel welcome to say hi to me if you like. Either way, best wishes for you.
I'm a Christian as well, but I generally only take organized religion with a grain of salt to a point... they get many things right, but many are off, based on my personal spiritual experiences. My first major death experience was years ago, but I remember it differently than other memories... I overdosed hoping to die, and I did... I certainly was not sent to hell for my suicide, in fact, after I got away from playing around in the black void where demons arrived, I called out for Jesus Christ and had my life review, was told I am definitely (not maybe, but Absolutely) going to return to heaven after I complete my 'job' on earth (to be one of the thousands of God's witnesses). There is a hell, there is a void, and there is a real Heaven. I think it's a serious mistake when people decide not to get to know God just based on their human-defined or human-centered experiences with organized religion. I'm certainly not ever against church, but I am against corrupt people ruining church or not honoring what church is supposed to be... a safe, kind, and loving place. Anyway, I was breezing through and noticed you felt like you were almost completely alone (okay maybe we are)... but if you are still in this physical realm, you can feel welcome to say hi to me if you like. Either way, best wishes for you.

Last edited:
ManWithNoName

ManWithNoName

Enlightened
Feb 2, 2019
So I thought I'd toss this into the mix. This is for those who believe in an afterlife, is the after life really so simple as this guy is making it out to be? :

purplemoon

purplemoon

I Have the Light Inside, Surrounded by Darkness
Sep 22, 2019
So I thought I'd toss this into the mix. This is for those who believe in an afterlife, is the after life really so simple as this guy is making it out to be? :

He is certainly very pleasant, however, he's only write about 2 things; not everyone has an angel because it depends on the type of soul personality and attitude one has...And... There can be elements of positive and negative in the environment sometimes, but that's not from dead people, that's from being either very connected to God or realizing that either demonic energy or love energy is at work or playing out.
Once someone dies, they still cannot stay on earth for very long, but they can say goodbye to you or you can feel them and their status in the physical realm changing. People either go to heaven, hell, or the dark void.
How do I know this? Because I already died from a suicidal overdose years ago, Had a life review, saw things on my way out of my body that cannot be explained as I saw events unfolding (Like a fire that killed an old man and his wife two days before it actually happened, The day after I got out of the hospital I tried to call the fire department to warn them to tell the old lady to unplug her iron but they just thought it was crazy, apparently that was the exact cause of the fire the next day), and i got sent back to Earth to finish my job (Being one of God's many spiritual witnesses to help him determine and test people's goodness and to give them opportunities to be good) which I am so absolutely tired of as it is exhausting, and I've been trying to go back home because I know how wonderful it will be for me.

The human brain cannot explain the spiritual realm, that's why human logic and human science will never be enough. Science explains many things well, but it doesn't explain everything because it cannot. It never will.
Demons want you to believe there is nothing after death, they want you to believe there is no God, and while you don't have to listen to everything organized religion says, I hope you understand that there really is a God.

God exploded a part of himself/itself to create our universe, he doesn't have a gender but for reference in language)...'he' can both love and he can also punish, there is certainly a vicious Satan-like monster and its demons that harass / sabotage you, and there are angels that help, there are good souls who God works through, some souls struggling in between that could go in either direction, and then there are blackened dark souls destined for hell from all of their cruelty to innocents.

Just remember that just because something doesn't make sense to you and your human brain does not make it untrue.

Just because people don't understand everything about it does not make it any less real.

Attachments

• CDF4CA94-7687-41DD-B6D6-3BFBED312BDA.jpeg
    CDF4CA94-7687-41DD-B6D6-3BFBED312BDA.jpeg
    29.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 40D19A4E-65FC-4816-8B09-49E72119789A.jpeg
    40D19A4E-65FC-4816-8B09-49E72119789A.jpeg
    19.2 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Reactions: Lisa
T

truthseeker

Student
Sep 9, 2019
Don't know, don't care. The all-seeing invisible man up in the sky knows all. The idea that we have a spirit, a soul or what have you could be just another chemical process as we attempt to make more out of being homo sapiens than is justified. Sounds like typical 'exceptionalism'.

ManWithNoName

ManWithNoName

Enlightened
Feb 2, 2019
He is certainly very pleasant, however, he's only write about 2 things; not everyone has an angel because it depends on the type of soul personality and attitude one has...And... There can be elements of positive and negative in the environment sometimes, but that's not from dead people, that's from being either very connected to God or realizing that either demonic energy or love energy is at work or playing out.
I've never had, or better to say I never felt I had any kind of a guardian angel watching over me. If the reasons for this is based on what you say, then I must be some kind of asshole—which is a bit disconcerting—assuming you are correct.

This concern tends to spill over to whether or not one suffers a bad afterlife if one ctb?

Nice images you posted, btw.

notjustyetagain

notjustyetagain

Oct 28, 2019
i have a view of the afterlife that i just can't shake. it's a form of reincarnation, but i'm not sure the "re" makes sense. it's hard to explain and i'm not sure it's coherent, but...

first, i dismiss the idea of the soul as incoherent. that's a hard no. still, just as i came to be "me" in this form i'm in right now, could "i" (though absolutely nothing about my current existence is carried over) find myself awake again as some other form (on earth or otherwise)? it wouldn't be the now-me in any way at all, save for whatever atoms could accidentally wind up in this new creature, but "i" would suddenly find myself trapped in the consciousness of e.g. an animal (wild or factory-farmed would be horrific prospects, i imagine).

essentially i fear that _life_ goes on after i die?! which i presume it will, and of course this "afterlife" has practical concerns, e.g. what my younger brother (whom i live with) will feel like when he finds out i'm gone, what will become of my cats (quaint or weakly sentimental as it is, i love the little rascals), etc. it seems absurd, bordering on solipsism, to think that life will stop when i die, and i surely don't fear that i'll BECOME e.g. my cats. the chain of life led us to different, wholly separate consciousnesses.

but one of these chains of life IS "me" right now, not someone else so there seems to be a possibility that this can recur somehow, even if our existences are wholly separate. does this make any sense? i have a feeling it doesn't, but can anyone understand what i'm trying to say and, hopefully, dispel me of this silly idea? i don't remember being any other animal before i came to be this me, but under this "model" i wouldn't expect to. i expect i'm labouring under some delusion of holistic identity that can't be sustained, and i have absolutely no idea as to how this could work, so there's that. a complete explanation/mapping of consciousness/identity to biology would help.

my dissociative disorder blurs the lines of "me" already. i don't have any concrete "alters" that i'm aware of but my behaviour when dissociated is so alien to me that it's impossible to relate to -- always. i have countless limited "threads" of identity that present at inopportune moments; then i enter rogue states and behave in ways that make no sense, to put it mildly. most recently i was found wandering aimlessly into traffic and presented to hospital believing that a spider had taken control of my body and was living in my mouth. all rogue states are similarly nonsensical but often more horrific.

anyway, i can't get it out of my head and it scares me more than any supernatural afterlife, which i can't take seriously for lack of evidence. same goes for karma, samsara, and other traditional reincarnation models.

Im2high4this

Im2high4this

I’m done here. Zero connections. Won’t miss it.
Jun 13, 2019
Here is a very interesting video about one possible afterlife. I can get behind this one. I don't want to spoil anything but let me know if you watched it. I am interested to hear what you think.

Reactions: adam&eve and Ambie
ManWithNoName

ManWithNoName

Enlightened
Feb 2, 2019
Here is a very interesting video about one possible afterlife. I can get behind this one. I don't want to spoil anything but let me know if you watched it. I am interested to hear what you think.

So in this story the deceased is being sent back as a peasant girl from China to 540 A.D. - so why does God hate this guy so much? What does it take to come back as as an elite Rothchild banker?

Phil Quinn's take is that the afterlife is indeed heaven and perfect.

But then again there is no evidence to prove or disprove either videos.

Reactions: Im2high4this
Im2high4this

Im2high4this

Jun 13, 2019
So in this story the deceased is being sent back as a peasant girl from China to 540 A.D. - so why does God hate this guy so much? What does it take to come back as as an elite Rothchild banker?

Phil Quinn's take is that the afterlife is indeed heaven and perfect.

But then again there is no evidence to prove or disprove either videos.

Haha god makes the person experience every life on earth before becoming a god themselves. The good and the bad. I really enjoy this theory.

ManWithNoName

ManWithNoName

Enlightened
Feb 2, 2019
Haha god makes the person experience every life on earth before becoming a god themselves. The good and the bad. I really enjoy this theory.
I've had my fair share of bad, and I probably speak for the vast majority of everyone here that they have had their fair share of bad too since this is a website that discusses self deliverance.

Reactions: adam&eve and Im2high4this
Im2high4this

Im2high4this

Jun 13, 2019
I've had my fair share of bad, and I probably speak for the vast majority of everyone here that they have had their fair share of bad too since this is a website that discusses self deliverance.

Of course. I just think it's a fair concept to experience everything bad, as well as everything good. Might be more suffering then pleasure, but the idea of everything that's ever happened, happens to you, and you get to escape earth with all that knowledge..just seems like a nice afterlife to me. Makes much more sense then heaven and hell to me.

L

Lisa

Specialist
May 9, 2018

Hi Im2high

This is scary to me and hope it isn't true. I've had side thoughts sometimes that are similar but not exact. For example what if we die and find out no one else exists but us and so we put ourselves into this world so that we would not know that we are all alone. Terrifies me

Reactions: n0505
Tortured_empath

Tortured_empath

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2019
Even if there is a god. Is he interventionist? Will this life ever get better?

J

JoeFailure

Mage
Apr 29, 2019

I guess this would be better than nothing...but it's still scary. Think about all the horrible lives and atrocities you'd have to live through. There's some great ones too but this would be rough.

Are you lost too?

Are you lost too?

Operator, well let's forget about this call
Oct 18, 2019
I think it's gonna be like sleeping.
I really hope so. Please please, I don't want any more disappointment, I'm done, universe.

I also used to think what happened to you was what you believed. Still find this an interesting view.

But until this bad period of my life I really believed in reincarnation, in paying for your sins from other lives , in focusing on getting better each time.
But now may faith in god ís shaken because
1) I want to ctb and this would be the worst offense. I would be in a terrible place for quite sometime and then have to pay for It in next life
2) I've kinda lost my faith. I mean I still believe Him, a small part of me wants to and resists. But I can no longer truly believe mainly because since life is SO fucked up, there's no way a loving God would put us through it and neither there would be so many terrible things "allowed" to go on.

Reactions: adam&eve and Ambie
Are you lost too?

Are you lost too?

Oct 18, 2019
Well being in a coma for about 2 to 4 days it is like sleeping almost. There is nothing but that is kinda ok because that is the finally true peace we will all come to know one day.
We're you in a coma? I'm sorry to hear that.
Why would you say *almost*?

ManWithNoName

ManWithNoName

Enlightened
Feb 2, 2019
Thought I'd toss this into the mix :

Reactions: Essence
Are you lost too?

Are you lost too?

Oct 18, 2019
There is no logical explanation for our existence, consciousness, or the universe. We just accept it because it's presented to us. I don't think it's illogical to think there is something after death when there is no logical reason for life. If life came from nothing then I believe something will come from death.
So you do believe there is something after death?