• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

C

CosmicVoid

Jan 20, 2021
I'm really struggling with adapting to adult life, mainly getting and holding a job. I've tried it numerous times and got hired multiple times, but in could never hold a job for longer than a week, cause the stress and anxiety become so severe I can't even perform basic functions. The entire concept of work is just depressing to me - having to spend around 10 or more hours of your life on something you don't care about while the best part of the day is passing by is just so stupid. It doesn't help that the competition is so fucking crazy in any field related to money, especially when you're not great socially. Any advice?

GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
I'm planning on going into trade and picking something where I'll be needed and won't have to compete over jobs. If they actually need people then you'll be able to get the job by saying yes three times and smiling. Also picking something that I actually find useful even if it's not fun.

The anxiety and ideas about not wanting to do it you'll just have to ignore. Decide that you're going to work and see it as completely obvious.

C

CosmicVoid

Jan 20, 2021
I'm planning on going into trade and picking something where I'll be needed and won't have to compete over jobs. If they actually need people then you'll be able to get the job by saying yes three times and smiling. Also picking something that I actually find useful even if it's not fun.

The anxiety and ideas about not wanting to do it you'll just have to ignore. Decide that you're going to work and see it as completely obvious.
what kind of trade for example?

GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
what kind of trade for example?
Plumber, electrician, road maintenance, carpenter, won't say my own since it's a bit of a trump card and I might not get in since the edu is in high demand. So I'm probably gonna throw in some shittier trade edus as well, idk.

Reactions: Makko
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
Plumber, electrician, road maintenance, carpenter, won't say my own since it's a bit of a trump card and I might not get in since the edu is in high demand. So I'm probably gonna throw in some shittier trade edus as well, idk.
Good bet. Property tehnicians of all kinds are wanted nowadays. Properties are becoming more and more advanced and difficult to maintain so there's a lot happening in the business.

Edit: it's also a good job if you're having a hard time socially. You only need the social part if you want to run your own firm. If you're employed you just need to be good at the tinkering.

Last edited:
Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment
MiserableBastard1995

MiserableBastard1995

Experienced
Mar 17, 2018
Right there with ya, OP; as another Aspie. Long story short, the jobseeker system took my will to live, and it's why I'm on this forum today. I won't presume to make suggestions for you, but with the way the world is becoming increasingly hostile to the neurodivergent, vanishing jobs, rising cost of living, etc etc; I see no other viable option but opting-out of existence.

• Love
Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment
L

lugerepair

I don't like life
Oct 15, 2020
I'm really struggling with adapting to adult life, mainly getting and holding a job. I've tried it numerous times and got hired multiple times, but in could never hold a job for longer than a week, cause the stress and anxiety become so severe I can't even perform basic functions. The entire concept of work is just depressing to me - having to spend around 10 or more hours of your life on something you don't care about while the best part of the day is passing by is just so stupid. It doesn't help that the competition is so fucking crazy in any field related to money, especially when you're not great socially. Any advice?
I have Asperger's. Although I usually just say I'm autistic. But anyway. I feel you. I don't want to work. I tried it. It fucking sucked. Burnt out big time, which made me even more obviously autistic than before, and now I'm even less functional than I used to be. I don't want to try again and then become even less functional. Took me long enough (years) to recover from my last autistic burnout. Actually I'm not even fully recovered. I just don't feel like doing that again, no thanks. But do I even have a choice in the matter? Doesn't seem like it. But who knows. I'm just exhausted from trying to exist in a society that isn't adapted to me at all. I wish I had advice.