• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

bluefeather177

bluefeather177

drowsy in a dark room
Mar 2, 2023
I went rock climbing with my brother and was really reluctant to go. He basically had to drag me out of the house. I haven't been exercising and am in poor shape as well as being overweight, all of which make rock climbing more difficult, so I didn't think I was going to like it at all.

But I did, and I managed to climb harder problems than I thought. I wasn't frustrated at how little I was able to do like I have been in the past, but I was actually enjoying it pretty thoroughly. When we walked outside, I realized that I hadn't thought once about death or any bad thoughts when I was in there. It was remarkable, since lately no matter what I do the dark thoughts are pervasive. I actually had a genuinely good time the entire time.

Has anyone had experiences like this lately? Done something and been surprised to realize you didn't think about ctb the whole time?

fell

fell

bpd, cptsd, bipolar 2, trying lots of things 💞
Feb 4, 2023
Yayyy I'm so happy for you! 🥰 rock climbing scares me, but my partner loves it (and all kinds of extreme sports) and says it helps them calm their mind to just focus on the one task ahead. I think that's a beautiful lesson! 🙌🏼 I may have to look for a similar hobby that can help me get out of my head, into my body, and not have so many thoughts swirling 💗 thank you for sharing!

• Love
Reactions: bluefeather177
bluefeather177

bluefeather177

drowsy in a dark room
Mar 2, 2023
Do it again next week!
I'm planning on it! I just wish it wasn't so expensive 🫠
Yayyy I'm so happy for you! 🥰 rock climbing scares me, but my partner loves it (and all kinds of extreme sports) and says it helps them calm their mind to just focus on the one task ahead. I think that's a beautiful lesson! 🙌🏼 I may have to look for a similar hobby that can help me get out of my head, into my body, and not have so many thoughts swirling 💗 thank you for sharing!
I highly recommend getting into something of the sort! Especially anything that involves both body and mind. It's really nice because it requires the physicality but also makes you think hard about the best way to do it. I hope you find something similar that can help you get out of your own head for a while!

• Love
Reactions: fell
PainfulPainkillers

PainfulPainkillers

LiveCryLaugh
Mar 7, 2023
I went rock climbing with my brother and was really reluctant to go. He basically had to drag me out of the house. I haven't been exercising and am in poor shape as well as being overweight, all of which make rock climbing more difficult, so I didn't think I was going to like it at all.

But I did, and I managed to climb harder problems than I thought. I wasn't frustrated at how little I was able to do like I have been in the past, but I was actually enjoying it pretty thoroughly. When we walked outside, I realized that I hadn't thought once about death or any bad thoughts when I was in there. It was remarkable, since lately no matter what I do the dark thoughts are pervasive. I actually had a genuinely good time the entire time.

Has anyone had experiences like this lately? Done something and been surprised to realize you didn't think about ctb the whole time?
Awesome! I have a great time working out when I get the time, the feeling is unlike anything I've felt before. I was quite chubby too, but the gym really helped me out!

• Love
Reactions: bluefeather177
sadstuffie

sadstuffie

Student
Aug 11, 2020
so wonderful !! i have wanted to try this as well.

redisblue

redisblue

"cut me clean, till i can't think anymore."
Feb 12, 2023
Super happy for you!! Hoping you have more nice moments like this :D