• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
Today I changed the oil and filter and cleaned the inside of my Jeep. It was dirty. I emptied it of trash and junk.

Tomorrow I am going to vacuum and scrub the inside clean.
I remember the first time I did that on my bike. I drained all the oil out and then removed the filter, but it didn't even enter my head that the filter would still be full of oil. It went everywhere. A shocking mess.

S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
I never did anything yesterday. I did not need to and felt like doing nothing again, so I slept as much as I could. I woke rested and I am headed to a drive thru vaccuum/wash vehicle place to vacuum the inside real good in about an hour probably. I feel motivated to do it.

I had not needed a vehicle for past two years because I had one supplied to me. I left them at my sisters. She did not use this one and I put it away wet! Soo dirty it was, but I got it cleaned and running good.. put new shocks on it and rotated the tires when I first came back a few months ago, and new battery, a few other things too.

It is almost ready. Needs cleaned and scrubbed on the inside after I vaccum it today.

I took, or offered to be available for a job, and want to use this Jeep for traveling. That was what it was bought for and converted into a self contained stealth camper vehicle.

I actually turned a job down and then offered to be available for other upcoming or ongoing projects.. but not with too much responsibility at first. If or when I her response orders I have 24-48 hours to be wherever it is they need me. I am cool with that for now.

We'll see because I don't always feel like doing any of this right now.

x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Always give 100% - unless you’re donating blood.
Sep 10, 2020
I thought about washing my kitchen floor, but every time dogs go into the garden, they bring in muddy paw prints, so what's the point?
Housework is such an unnecessary chore, it always needs to be repeated every few days. Fighting a losing battle... :ehh:
And I used to clean through my whole house, every day! Ugh... what I'd give for the motivation for a happy medium :(

S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
Congrats on your progress. You're doing a wonderful job. Sending hugs and love.
Thank you. It is kind of crazy.

I will try and see what happens? I am going to drive across the country. Today the radiator in my Jeep blew though, and that stinks, but is fixable. I priced them at about $125 if do it myself, so I suppose that has to be next...

I filled out paperwork online for everything required today was my big accomplishment.

They said no living per diem yet, just travel and mileage right now, but this is expected to change for me later on. Either way is fine with me but I'd day yes to a housing allowance if offered.

Stupid radiator was steaming out the side of it today! Damnit!!!

S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
The Jeep is still dirty and needs a new radiator now too, but I think that is going to be okay.

I truly accomplished a lot today. I completed and filled out 29 pages of my info for this job. The entire process is complete.

I told my contact I will need the rest of this week coming up to be ready, before I can start traveling to the location.

S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
I don't know what I am doing? I am going to drive 2500+ miles to start working on the project logistics. It seems official now today after I turned everything in with all the supporting documents. I was holding off since I think Friday when I first got the call, but was not sure? I sent it all in the whole package, then got a phone call from my contact. He said to let him know as soon as I get there, so long as it is before February 1st. They put me back on payroll today.

This is too easy. What is not easy for me is cleaning my Jeep. It is still the same, and needs a new radiator put in it before I leave. I could take my othe Jeep, but my brother in law really likes it and it is like it is his, since he uses it all the time for the past two years. I do not want to take it from him. If I did, I would still want to fix this Jeep for him to use first anyway.

I hope to find motivation to do everything I need to do now?

Last edited:
S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
The radiator is out. Thank God!!

What a pain they built the frame too close to the one bolt. I mean if you knew the amount of swearing that went on at those non caring engineers who did that. WTF! I mean radiators need replacing from time to time (granted this one went about 20 years as an original part)...

Stupid fucking bolt is NOT going back in!

Okay, the radiator is out and the new one is in the back seat with me in a box. Tomorrow I'll put it in the Jeep in the garage.

Jeeeeeeee oh man what the hell am I doing?

I'll go ahead and keep posting stuff and maybe even pictures and stuff if I actually go through with this traveling for working again...

I am sure I will update. Tomorrow the new radiator goes in, and then I am finally going to clean the inside of this thing after that.

Q

quicksand

Jan 19, 2021
Noyhing done....i feel ashammed -_-
Days doing nothing are the default! There's nothing to be ashamed about. I wish someone had told me this when I was at my worst, but it's absolutely fine to while away a day, a week, a month doing nothing in particular.

The only thing you need to look out for is a little glimmer of excitement. For me, it was a short story I happened upon. The themes and characters had nothing to do with me or my situation, but as I read I discovered that I wanted more, and once I finished I researched the author and their other pieces. After that, the snowball was in motion. It's the same principle behind the self-motivation technique where you take a task you don't want to do, tell yourself you'll only do it for a few minutes, and before you know it, thirty minutes have passed and you're in the swing of things!

S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
Days doing nothing are the default! There's nothing to be ashamed about. I wish someone had told me this when I was at my worst, but it's absolutely fine to while away a day, a week, a month doing nothing in particular.

The only thing you need to look out for is a little glimmer of excitement. For me, it was a short story I happened upon. The themes and characters had nothing to do with me or my situation, but as I read I discovered that I wanted more, and once I finished I researched the author and their other pieces. After that, the snowball was in motion. It's the same principle behind the self-motivation technique where you take a task you don't want to do, tell yourself you'll only do it for a few minutes, and before you know it, thirty minutes have passed and you're in the swing of things!
It was a default day for me then today, Lol! A default month for the past few for me really.

T

TotallyIsolated

Mage
Nov 25, 2019
I'm ashamed of how little effort I put into maintaining my car. I once let a tyre get so bald that I could hear the exposed cords flailing against the wheel arches. The engine seized up once because I hadn't put any oil in it - and the worst thing was that the oil light had been flashing for like a month and I just ignored it. I'm amazed it still runs given how badly I treat it.

S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
I'm ashamed of how little effort I put into maintaining my car. I once let a tyre get so bald that I could hear the exposed cords flailing against the wheel arches. The engine seized up once because I hadn't put any oil in it - and the worst thing was that the oil light had been flashing for like a month and I just ignored it. I'm amazed it still runs given how badly I treat it.
It has always felt good to me maintaining a vehicle since my first Chevrolet Camaro when I was at 15y/o when I bought my first one. I guess I have owned five Camaros. I think they are great cars! I try not to neglect or ignore vehicle maintenance because that will hurt you in the end if you want it to remain driveable.

S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
I really trying guys. I really am you do not understand :aw: I am soo sorry for anyone else and your suffering too, and I mean that! If there was a way that I knew of I would definitely tell you all!

NeverSatisfied

NeverSatisfied

Experienced
Dec 28, 2020
Proud of you! And congrats on the new job! This has been a wild saga to read
I really trying guys. I really am you do not understand :aw: I am soo sorry for anyone else and your suffering too, and I mean that! If there was a way that I knew of I would definitely tell you all!
You're doing your best and your best has gotten you through cleaning your car, a busted radiator and landing a new job :) Don't expect yourself to be perfect when your mind isn't (and when no one is on top of that) It's been encouraging to hear about your progress

Last edited:
Huntfish34

Huntfish34

Enlightened
Mar 13, 2020
Job well done to you , Nice !! Makes me smile.

Yet.. I'm Struggling with the Same thing on my truck and still nothing. =\.

• Love
Reactions: NeverSatisfied