marcy2022

marcy2022

Student
Oct 19, 2022
Okay so the place I am is just rather strange. One can buy Thiopental otc but asking to have an IV line setup is a big no. They want prescription and/or to go to a hospital. I was thinking to use thiopental with IV bag but I don't know how to set it up and unfortunately I don't have the right circumstances to practice I tried asking at two hospitals for normal saline and when they asked for reason I said its for dehydration from dirrhea and vomiting but they keep prescribing their own medications and a different saline, Ringer's lactate/RL. I tried talking to them explaining that NS/normal saline/sodium choloride is okay and there's nothing harmful there even for people who aren't sick and that my docotor from another country suggested so but the hospitals just won't listen. I need help. This is the last bit I need to sort out before the final thing. I already have everything else but without IV I think the whole plan will fall apart. Can someone please suggest an acceptable reason that a doctor might be okay with when someone requests an IV as in 0.9 sodium chloride/NaCl or normal saline. Please help. Any suggestion is more than welcome.

Kattt

Kattt

Ancient of Mu-Mu
May 18, 2021
I occasionally buy medical supplies from a site, no questions asked. They have all kinds of things.
medisave

marcy2022

marcy2022

Student
Oct 19, 2022
I can buy them but I don't know how to use them, specially setting up the cannula, where to insert it and to make sure its done properly. Thats why I was thinking to get a normal saline from a medical professional and this will also help in otherways cuz this will be like a practical guide to setting up a cannula and IV tubing. If I can get it done, this will help tremendously cuz my method involves cannula and IV anyways. I'm thinking of using thiopental in an IV bag.