Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
This will be me just venting, I really feel like I expressed myself terribly in the thread about sexuality, also, some words were put in my mouth.
And since it was closed before I could explain myself I'll try to do it here in a respectful manner. I'm truly sorry if someone felt offended by what I said, I should've chosen my words much better, and I mean it.

Delete it if you see that it doesn't belong on this forum.

First of all, @RainAndSadness , you misinterpreted what I said, and this is something that I'm very careful about, I never said that I was an ally. I hate the connotations of that word and the "us vs them" mentality it creates. I said that I support people to do whatever they want with their bodies regardless of the reason. I absolutely believe in freedom and body autonomy. So I support them, I'm a bystander who would never get in the way, but I also don't think that any ideology is above criticism, and informed decisions are healthy if presented with reality.

I failed to mention that while I believe that trans people can definitely pass and even look great, as I said twice in the thread, I think that this is really hard to achieve for many people and mostly happens latter in the transition, it takes years for some and the surgeries are not exactly inexpensive, not everyone can get them, and they are still cosmetic surgeries. At least agree with me that they are not perfect, surgeries in general will always have risks associated with them. Yes, facial surgery is still very likely to succeed with good results, but bottom surgery is an entirely different story, it's not as perfect as you claim that it is when you said that it can be better than a biological one, and many people regret it. I've read plenty of detransitioners and their perspective is also important.

Finally, you asked me about my opinions on puberty blockers, and it would make me a hypocrite to say that they shouldn't be allowed. But I also believe that people are only being presented with one side of the argument, and they are being kept from making a thoughtful decision because of it. There are more than just success stories and gender dysphoria is overdiagnosed according to some experts.

I know that this subject deeply touches you and many people here, so I won't make any further comments on it, I still stand with most of what I said.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: Black Rose Bunny and Brink