• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

L

luten

work, love, and learn
Feb 25, 2021
There are some nice people on here, very caring and thoughtful. :love:

The thing is; Negativity leads to negative. It is hard to be optimistic on this site (in recovery), when on the side widget you see lines like "this is it" "tonight i am gone" "last hours of my life" " i need partial hanging advice", "just ordered SN" , "is this the right rope"

If I disappear then know I just disabled my account for the sake of my own mental well-being.

T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
It can be helpful to develop a mental filter. If you can identify a negative element, you might be able to quarantine or reject it. One can use critical skills in a kind way such as seeing a comment from someone who is in pain and identifying it as not representing truth, but hurt.

I worked for a guy once to whom I was complaining about another employee who was a real pain to try to work with. My boss replied, "There are some people who do not exist in my universe". I do not think I could go that far to filter out unpleasantness, but it does indicate the benefits of keeping one's mental environment free of litter.

Reactions: LittleBabyNothing
L

luten

work, love, and learn
Feb 25, 2021
It can be helpful to develop a mental filter. If you can identify a negative element, you might be able to quarantine or reject it. One can use critical skills in a kind way such as seeing a comment from someone who is in pain and identifying it as not representing truth, but hurt.

I worked for a guy once to whom I was complaining about another employee who was a real pain to try to work with. My boss replied, "There are some people who do not exist in my universe". I do not think I could go that far to filter out unpleasantness, but it does indicate the benefits of keeping one's mental environment free of litter.
i have tried to shed positivity towards people who is in pain, but you get labeled a "pro-lifer" when you do that, it is most often not welcomed.

signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
The thing is; Negativity leads to negative. It is hard to be optimistic on this site (in recovery), when on the side widget you see lines like "this is it" "tonight i am gone" "last hours of my life" " i need partial hanging advice", "just ordered SN" , "is this the right rope"
These are posts from people with purpose, trying to accomplish their chosen goals - that's not a negative thing, that's positive. Just because their goal is towards death and not life shouldn't really make a difference?