• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Sanctioned Suicide

Sanctioned Suicide

-
Mar 17, 2018
A press release regarding recent events: https://sanctioned-suicide.net/press/PR_SanctionedSuicide.pdf

It's been a very rough morning, to say the least.

First of all, I want to offer my condolences to Sharon Luft, who lost her son 2 weeks ago.

Secondly, for those that are looking to go on a crusade to try to take this website down due to false and exaggerated claims, this site is a support community for thousands of people. I have spoken to countless people that are way better off that thank this site for helping them to recover. The claims about people live-streaming their suicides is a false one. We have NEVER allowed that here, and I'm not even sure if that has ever been done before.

People that are under 18 have not been allowed to register for years now. We have always been against minors being on the website and we maintain that stance today.

The social mob trying to report threads will not read this, but at least the ones that do will understand our position.

In other news, our backup domain is at https://sanctioned-suicide.net just in case this one gets taken down.

Sincerely,
Marquis

L

lost_soul83

Wizard
Jan 7, 2019
I just want to thank you and the other mods for working so hard to keep this site going. It has been such an asset to me since my brother died in October of 2018 and I'd like to think that it has helped keep me going this long. I might not be here today without SS, thank you from the bottom of my heart. ✌️❤️

Deleted member 10430

Deleted member 10430

Arcanist
Sep 9, 2019
I'm also adding my thanks for keeping this place going.
Mostly i just use it to pass time playing the word games, but it's more than just another random message board.
I can't really put it into words, but I've felt more at home here than many other places, online/ IRL.
I really value the sense of having somewhere to come whatever state I'm in. I don't get that same sense from other places where the focus is on Fixing you.
I dare say that there have been negative experiences for some people here, as with everywhere in life whether online or IRL. That's the nature of humans.

R

rata1

Arcanist
May 8, 2019
thank you to those that made and keep functioning this site for everything! this site is one of the nicest, most peaceful things i have experienced in my life. Here i feel free (or let's say less caged than in the rest of my life), here i can chose what i say or what i don't say without fearing the judgment of others.
long life to freedom of speech, long life to sanctionedsuicide!

B

BeBraveBrother

Student
Sep 5, 2020
Thanks to everyone maintaining this site. I suffer from a cruel, incrueable physicall condition and I am glad I found this site. Although assited suicide is legal in my country, we still lack infrastructure for clear minded and well reflected adults to be able to perform their right.
With an exit bag I am totally independent from slow grinding wheels when people need to wait for many years until they get assitance. With the exit bag I have control and I can take full responsibility for what I am doing with myself. That's freedome!

Thanks a lot!

S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
Unfortunate that the .com has been taken down and we have to scramble to find another host. Sometimes you can't fight against society and we're driven back in to the dark again. But guess what, another life is taken, who they going to blame when the site not around? Right, at themselves. In the end the only blame they have left is themselves for not being there for their loved ones, blaming themselves because the system is rigged against mental health, blaming themselves because they were ignorant to mental health. It may not be from an SN overdose, maybe it'll be a gun, rope, knife, by cop, jumping. Methods that have already been there way before this site ever came around and all it involved was a quick google search.

The suicide letters will always have, "I had nowhere to turn to, this is the best way." That could've been my words in my letter, but I found a way through this community and now I'm better for it.

Deleted member 10430

Deleted member 10430

Arcanist
Sep 9, 2019
As a coda to my previous knee-jerk response, I'll also acknowledge that I'm now in my 4th decade of life .... I think this makes me largely unqualified to assess the 'okayness' of places like SS existing in full reach of everyone (ie children).
I don't know enough about internet access/ security to be able to pass legitimate comment.
HOWEVER, (BIG 'however'!), personally i get far more triggered/ upset/ head-fucked by what i scroll through on the likes of Twitter and Instagram than ever i have here.
Maybe I'm missing something, but on SS I've never encountered the level of in-your-face mocking, ridicule, perversion, Othering, belittling, Ablism, etc etc as i have on 'mainstream' social platforms.

Pppffffff. Idk!
X

RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
[...]But guess what, another life is taken, who they going to blame when the site not around? Right, at themselves. In the end the only blame they have left is themselves for not being there for their loved ones, blaming themselves because the system is rigged against mental health, blaming themselves because they were ignorant to mental health. It may not be from an SN overdose, maybe it'll be a gun, rope, knife, by cop, jumping. Methods that have already been there way before this site ever came around and all it involved was a quick google search.

The suicide letters will always have, "I had nowhere to turn to, this is the best way." That could've been my words in my letter, but I found a way through this community and now I'm better for it.

That's my point, even if they banned this forum, it wouldn't impact suicide numbers at all - like literally. Things like a global pandemic and the lockdown that's been there for months has much more of an impact than this site ever could in its life time. As I said in the past, I suffer from RA and various severe mental conditions - I'm gonna ctb, it's just a matter of time due to my conditions that slowly destroy my body and ruin my sanity - regardless of the existence of this forum. And I think every single member in here would agree that the disappearance of this forum would leave us ALL in a dark spot.

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
It's so sad they don't talk about the suicide cases due to this pandemic...it's just vaccines and infected people, while so many are losing their jobs, their freedom, taking their lives, businesses shutting, Everyone confined at home waiting for a miracle that doesn't come or it will take some time.

Last edited:
Aloken

Aloken

I choose love
Jan 25, 2021
I cannot express how grateful I feel for this community and those that keep this place running. Here is the only place I feel better. It's my sanctuary. Today I felt closer to ctb because this place had been taken from me. I felt desperate. Thank you so much and I hope this is just another bump on the road

V

Varstraben

Student
May 25, 2020
I hope one day people will understand that some people need to talk freely and without judgement to get better. It's sad for her son, but how many life this website saved by allowing free speech about life and death?

It's impossible to check if peoples lies about their age correctly, but please stop blame a website who just want to help peoples instead of looking for the real cause of someone problems, if peoples are here is not because of sanctioned suicide, they are here because something else bring them here, and that's the problem(s) to find, not the website.

omoidarui

omoidarui

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
Apr 30, 2019
The claims about people live-streaming their suicides is a false one.

But people live-blog their suicide attempts through "Goodbye topics" which this forum facilitates.

I honestly think we should start disallowing such topics, the emotional trauma for those left behind who read them is too great to justify the "need" for this forum to give a suicidal person well wishes in their last moments (which is paradoxical because I often question why they need reassurance, and so whether this is just an unwitting cry for help on their part, not a fully autonomous decision). This is more trouble than it's worth and attracts the worst and most predatory aspect of this community.

Sharon's son may have been member @head full of static who posted this topic:

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/so-ladies-and-gents-its-finally-happening-sn.58277/

Although the same member also posted on another person's Goodbye topic wishing them "good luck", so not for the first time, a portrayed victim of our site is also guilty of the very things their loved ones purport the members who bid them well to be doing.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/gonna-take-sn-soon.58247/#post-1073540

RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
But people live-blog their suicide attempts through "Goodbye topics" which this forum facilitates.

I honestly think we should start disallowing such topics, the emotional trauma for those left behind who read them is too great to justify the "need" for this forum to give a suicidal person well wishes in their last moments (which is paradoxical because I often question why they need reassurance, and so whether this is just an unwitting cry for help on their part, not a fully autonomous decision). This is more trouble than it's worth and attracts the worst and most predatory aspect of this community.

For most of us, this community is the only place of support. We spend a lot of time here and for many of us, this place means everything to us. We receive more empathy, compassion and understanding in this community than anywhere else, due to the strong stigma around the subject of suicide. And for some, me included, this community is like a second family. So it's only valid if people want to say 'Goodbye, I'm leaving', because just disappearing forever without any notice would be kinda weird and it would also feel wrong to me. And there is another aspect: some people simply appreciate the emotional support they receive from this community in their final moments. It's comforting for some members because a shitload of people in this place, and again I'm one of them, have been lonely and isolated their entire life. So it's understandable if these people at least don't want to die lonely.

E

Esc9434

Student
Feb 25, 2020
Anyone has a direct line to FT26 that hasn't been blocked or burnt? I would like to send them a well thought-out message?

Reactions: Buffy5120
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
Anyone has a direct line to FT26 that hasn't been blocked or burnt? I would like to send them a well thought-out message?
Wouldn't bother, many have tried, but they see our messages as irrational or crazy talk. They don't want to hear about our struggles and how this site has helped us because they feel we should all be locked up, force fed medication, and criminally prosecuted for even thinking such thoughts.

Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
They say 90% of the everything is crap. I think that's too generous. Rather 99,9% of everything is crap and life is a quest for the 0,1% that isn't. This site is a grain of the 0,1% that isn't like everything else. It can't be allowed to die.
It would be a good way to stop all minors, even if you have to post a photo of your identity card
Anonymity here is a must. Nothing good can come of attaching your real identity to any activity on this site.

ClairyFairy

ClairyFairy

Wizard
Jan 22, 2021

Sharon's son may have been member @head full of static who posted this topic:

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/so-ladies-and-gents-its-finally-happening-sn.58277/

Although the same member also posted on another person's Goodbye topic wishing them "good luck", so not for the first time, a portrayed victim of our site is also guilty of the very things their loved ones purport the members who bid them well to be doing.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/gonna-take-sn-soon.58247/#post-1073540

He wrote that the day before he died himself and if you look at headfullofstatics thread he joined ss a week after he received his sn and the next day he drank it. When he made that post he was readying himself for his own death. At the end of the day if it him he was a 17 year old boy and that's not ok