• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Grav

Grav

Wizard
Jul 26, 2020
They've made their decision and no amount of twitter debating is going to help them change their minds. . .
I know I'm in the minority so I've kept my mouth shut for fear of opening myself to abusive responses, but I don't care much anymore. This is a really bad look.

I agree that twitter (and any other social platform) battling is pretty useless and the format fits catchphrase and snarky responses. I am nervous about how this will all play out and if they'll just go away. The US at least is awash in holy avengers, the media loves it, and businesses are all to eager to cave to the mob. Legally nothing may be wrong but this isn't a legal action. Probably best if possible to ignore them but I understand how that can be difficult and the attention makes them feel like they're doing good so any attention will fit the bill.

M

Miss_Takes

Somewhere Over the Rainbow
Dec 4, 2020
What if it was YOUR website being taken down by grieving parents?

Grieving parents or not, they're still trying to take down a place that many of us call home.
Then surely the tactic is to continue to develop awReness of the sites value rather than engage in tit for tat arguments and nastiness that serve no positive for the sites protection and continued contribution to the pro choice debate?
I trust that as the only people with the actual ability to maintain the sites credibility you are doing all you can to ensure that all who desire and need a safe haven such as this site to continue to have this place to express themselves.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Normally I'd be all for ignoring them but it seems like they finally got through recently and sort of achieved one of their goals. Even though it was fixed, it still put a lot of us in a panic. I do agree that Twitter/social media arguing is useless though I think leaving their mean posts and replies unaddressed or unquestioned can be harmful too because some trolls think that saying nothing even to an illogical argument is equivalent to admitting they've won. I'm not sure what the solution is but I really wish they'd step off.

S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
Normally I'd be all for ignoring them but it seems like they finally got through recently and sort of achieved one of their goals. Even though it was fixed, it still put a lot of us in a panic. I do agree that Twitter/social media arguing is useless though I think leaving their mean posts and replies unaddressed or unquestioned can be harmful too because some trolls think that saying nothing even to an illogical argument is equivalent to admitting they've won. I'm not sure what the solution is but I really wish they'd step off.
Let the trolls stew in their delusions, maybe it helps them sleep at night, doesn't change single iota of what we do on this website. I'm not fazed by them at all, because they're threats are empty and I know how the laws work in the US concerning these things. Don't feed the trolls, don't let them make you feel threatened.

Borghesia

Borghesia

mors certa, hora incerta
Jan 5, 2019
Hey, haven't been here in a while and if it wasn't for the mail with the new domain, I wouldn't have noticed any of this. I'm noticing a worrisome trend where more and more refuges are shut down over the years (reddit SS, ctb on google groups). And as always, it's all just virtue signalling. What I'm saying is, there is no policy change whatsoever that would make forums like these obsolete. I was appalled to see that major, professionally diagnosed depression alongside several other mental health issues was no reason for priority vaccination in my country. Not only that, in the form for pre-existing medical conditions mental illness wasn't even MENTIONED. I'm always hanging on by a threat and any additional pressure (such as a sudden decrease in life quality by infection) could send me tumbling over the edge. I guess what I'm saying is that we are still invisible. So, create rooms and discourse in public for us, change policy, treat us like normal, human beings and we just might not need SS anymore. Until then, fuck off.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Let the trolls stew in their delusions, maybe it helps them sleep at night, doesn't change single iota of what we do on this website. I'm not fazed by them at all, because they're threats are empty and I know how the laws work in the US concerning these things. Don't feed the trolls, don't let them make you feel threatened.
I think they have said before that they don't really care whether we ignore them, because they'll continue to send screenshots out of context to server hosts or politicians until they get a response. They're persistent like that and it's in a way that can seem like way more effort than the average troll would give. Really scary stuff because it is just a matter of whether it works. We might legally be safe but what's to say their emotional manipulation won't eventually get through to anyone that could actually affect us especially with how much they keep trying?

I wish we could just leave them alone to process their grief but they won't even give us the same chance. I don't have any solutions on what to do to combat them though so I think wanting to do nothing is perfectly acceptable but I still worry.

D

Debbie Northampton U

Student
Oct 22, 2020
Honestly, people should be able to kill themselves if they are out of options. I hate the Debbie Doogooders piling on guilt trips by calling suicides selfish. It's selfish to do the guilt trip thing so bog off and go do something useful. We don't have to make excuses for this forum. Just twat off.

mlmc045

mlmc045

Dec 6, 2020
I just wanted to thank the mods and everyone who work very hard to keep this community safe and accessible. I'm not here much anymore, but I came to this site at a very vulnerable time and it was the first place I didn't feel like a freak after feeling completely isolated for years by everyone around me, the people who were meant to care, for wanting to die, whether or not I wanted to act on it. Being welcomed and understood made such a difference to me, and I appreciate this site so much. Wishing everyone here well and sending lots of love x

it's_all_a_game

it's_all_a_game

I remember...death in the afternoon...
Nov 7, 2020
Glad the site hasn't been taken down. Really sick of the drama nonsense, though. Just let me (and others) choose to be alive or die in peace. The fact that people think that folks shouldn't be allowed to decide whether or not to be dead still confounds me.

Spiral

Spiral

Experienced
Jan 22, 2021
I think we should ask the Samaritans to back us with this pro-life attacks because they basically advise people to do what we do on their website.

Copy pasted this from the Samaritans website:

Myth: Talking about suicide is a bad idea as it may give someone the idea to try it.​

Fact: Suicide can be a taboo topic. Often, people who are feeling suicidal don't want to worry or burden anyone with how they feel and so they don't discuss it.
But, by asking someone directly about suicide, you give them permission to tell you how they feel. People who have felt suicidal will often say what a huge relief it was to be able to talk about what they were experiencing.
Once someone starts talking they've got a better chance of discovering options that aren't suicide.

Evidence shows asking someone if they're suicidal can protect them. They feel listened to, and hopefully less trapped. Their feelings are validated, and they know that somebody cares about them. Reaching out can save a life.

Rory O'Connor, Professor of Health Psychology at Glasgow University

C

Cuppatea856

May 27, 2020
A press release regarding recent events: https://sanctioned-suicide.net/press/PR_SanctionedSuicide.pdf

It's been a very rough morning, to say the least.

First of all, I want to offer my condolences to Sharon Luft, who lost her son 2 weeks ago.

Secondly, for those that are looking to go on a crusade to try to take this website down due to false and exaggerated claims, this site is a support community for thousands of people. I have spoken to countless people that are way better off that thank this site for helping them to recover. The claims about people live-streaming their suicides is a false one. We have NEVER allowed that here, and I'm not even sure if that has ever been done before.

People that are under 18 have not been allowed to register for years now. We have always been against minors being on the website and we maintain that stance today.

The social mob trying to report threads will not read this, but at least the ones that do will understand our position.

In other news, our backup domain is at https://sanctioned-suicide.net just in case this one gets taken down.

Sincerely,
Marquis
Thank you to the mods for all the hard work you do. This site, and talking with others here, has actually eased my suicidal ideation. The people trying to take this down are misinformed.
maybe start something else up on a discord server as backup? Idk.
im going to be even more suicidal if this site goes away.

F

ForNow

Dec 6, 2019
I also want to say thank you, so much. I'm still alive -- and planning my life, even my future (sometimes) -- thanks in large part to this site. Reason being -- thanks to this site, I know I have options, and that there are resources, and support. But the point for me is here there ARE options, resources, information, and support for all sides -- it's about freedom of choice for me and making informed decisions about my own life, and considering how my decisions will impact others. And there are clear rules and boundaries as well. I've also gotten some great advice on here on simply living, beyond my circumstances, that I have slowly been putting into practice over the last several months. I tend to just read, but don't talk. I've come through a lot thanks to this site and this community, and reading the experiences of others.

C

Cleopatra123

Arcanist
Jun 8, 2019
OMG; THANK YOU so much moderators. I thought I'd never find this. It was the worst two days of my life for I though I had lost the only refuge that existed for me. There is so much pro-life bs clueless about suffering people. What ever happened to pro-choice? I've seen many people helped here. I keep thinking, why can't we start a petition for pro-choice, to counter the overwhelming dim witted community who have no idea how important, and so often helpful, communication and empathy. Yesterday was the worst day I had: thinking I had lost my one last refuge, some kind and helpful communication and empathy which I have nowhere else. I wanted to die more than any other time. Thanks to those who would remove my choice, my freedom from pain, loneliness, meaninglessness and my ability to relate to people suffering. I have never seen anything negative described here by those people and I think, in so many cases, people get better support here than from them. Thanks again so much for getting this back and a posting a future link. Can't we get together and fight back. it's a sad comment on our culture, medicine, education and parenting that SO many young people are beset by disabilities; pro-lifers should focus on these rather than toxic medications, with horrible side effects, that often make life worse. Sorry for the rant! Let us also not forget that people, like myself, have been suffering aimlessly for years with chronic and progressive health problems, alone and with nothing to look forward to but more dysfunction and pain; there is no pill for "incurable" progressive diseases, on the choice for peace. Thanks again. Cleopatra

color_me_gone

color_me_gone

Sun is rising
Dec 27, 2018
@Marquis I want to personally thank you, and the rest of the staff, for your efforts keeping this site up and running.

You can count me as a person that this site has helped prevent suicide.

It really is true that being able to vent, talk openly about suicide with people who can appreciate what you are saying, is a relief.

I never got that relief from any kind of therapy, because they don't understand.

It is also reassuring that I have the information I need to plan a successful and peaceful ctb if needed.

I remain Pro Choice, as a matter of human dignity. Nobody has the right to force someone else to suffer needlessly.

It saddens me terribly to see these people so grossly misrepresent this site.

The sun is rising!

deflationary

deflationary

Fussy exister. Living in the epilogue
Mar 11, 2020
Lmao, I finally read up on the stop ss fb page and the fixthe26 twitter account. It's beyond embarrassing. The way they talk, like crusaders on a holy mission, all high on their own farts. Nothing worse than stupid people with a lot of motivation.

MrAsclepius

MrAsclepius

Грустная Сука
Jul 31, 2020
I hope by the next few days we will go back to ignoring these people. They are not enemies, just a small group that attempt to shut down a site that offers support and information. Freedom of speech and information will never go away. Let them waste their time and energy. Let us become closer in these times. If anyone need anything from me, I'm open always.

BornofDust

BornofDust

Student
Dec 11, 2020
At the end of the day in my opinion, while these guys are persistent, I don't think its gonna gain as much traction as they hope, at least not at this very moment, considering everyone else is too busy dealing with COVID, Wallstreetbets,the Stock Market and other issues to even completely focus on this issue. So while I'm not saying don't worry and don't be cautious, I wouldn't be too worried, at least for now.

While very clearly I agree with the fact that Sarah and the rest of her gang are going about this the wrong, it seems like a lot of people here are making a lot of assumptions on her even though we really don't know. A lot of people are suggesting that she is responsible for her sons death based on most likely being an abusive and neglectful parent who is simply claiming herself to be a victim because of her refusal to take responsibility. While I defiantly know that, that is a possibility, she could also be simply a grieving mother who decided to unfortunately use her grief to attack this group. While I can't imagine the pain she must be feeling for what happen to her son, she's clearly channeling it and using in the least productive ways. At the end of the day I don't know Sarah, or her thought process, and frankly, neither do we, or a least not all of it. There's something to make assumptions, there's another to make immediate judgement calls on her characters based on scant evidence.

The site being shutdown, Whether these people know it or not, is not going to solve the wider issue of why this site is the way that it is in the first place. If they truly want to solve this issue, then(as I repeat myself from what I said in a Chat yesterday), advocate for wider and even National Mental Health Care, Fund more Social programs, extend more of our resources, fund more scientific research to help alleviate depression, extending our food and resources, etc. At least if they are genuine about wanting to solve this issue, go after the wider issues that caused this in the first place. Shutting this site down isn't going to solve anything, but only bandaid a problem away, if that's what they want, be my guess.

Personally I also think this has to do with modern societies constant disrespect for others autonomy and only using and coercion it for utilitarian ends. And that disrespect for others autonomy and feeling trapped by society is another reason why this society exist in the first place.

@Marquis. And other moderators, thank you for creating and maintain this site, I know that its been hard for you guys but just wanna say I and clearly everyone here appreciates the work you guys are doing. I'm sure this has been hard on you guys but I'm sure that we will be able to weather this storm. Thank you for creating this community. Hopefully society makes a steady change to be more understanding of the nature of both this site, and of why it exist in the first place.

B

Bigpink

Warlock
Oct 12, 2020
I've just found SS again after 2 days. It's no exaggeration to say this site keeps me going and actually connected to others who feel similar.

Would feel even more alone without this. Thank you for your hard work and dedication towards us lost souls.

T

TessB

Warlock
Oct 13, 2020
I just wanted to respond to those criticising ss members for getting involved in arguments on social media with anti ss groups, because yes I did do exactly that yesterday.
Yes it may seem entirely fruitless to engage with these people and try to defend ss to them but it's not just them I'm trying to convince. Their critisisms are on a public platform and I can put forward my view in a fairly dignified reasonable manner, who knows who may pause to consider that viewpoint and think again about the value of ss and its ethics?
Second.. the reason I even engaged with the group on FB to begin with was they screenshotted a post of mine.. so I wanted to defend myself.. or at least respond.
Following in inbox conversation with the page admin where we agreed to disagree on good terms and I told her how sorry I am for her loss, I deleted the profile I used to comment and removed myself from the situation, as I felt we had made a sort of peace.
I don't think these groups just put themselves forward as grieving parents however. Not just talking about that particular group.. but the Biebers and others too. They don't help themselves at all. Posts are used by them as 'evidence' but put completely out of context.. vulnerable people are referred to as things like 'evil' and 'demons' and there is an air of smugness and goading about a lot of the stuff they post.
For people like me with bpd/ eupd I'm driven by my emotions and make spontaneous decisions... basically I react to stuff, often regrettably. There's not a lot I can do about that. So suggesting I try to rise above this stuff and not react, that would be almost impossible for me.

LakatosDiogenesz

LakatosDiogenesz

I can tie a noose with my eyes closed
Nov 21, 2020
Lmao, I finally read up on the stop ss fb page and the fixthe26 twitter account. It's beyond embarrassing. The way they talk, like crusaders on a holy mission, all high on their own farts. Nothing worse than stupid people with a lot of motivation.
It's true though, they are cultists fighting their holy war. To them, questioning the inherent greatness of life is blasphemy and must be silenced.

Last edited:
C

Cleopatra123

Arcanist
Jun 8, 2019
Meantime let right wing nazis, terrorists and other miscreants alone. You know people who actually wish to harm others
Leave them alone and we're apt to have fascism growing. We've got to learn from the past. Another big lie, was Hitler's instigating the Garman's to anger by convincing them they did not loose the first world war.

raindrops

raindrops

Someday, eventually
Mar 29, 2020
https://www.change.org/p/american-f...ent-of-suicide-that-they-give?use_react=false

can i say it? im saying it anyway, sorry.
selfish cunts
imagine trying this hard to take away a place for people who feel safe, who have been saved by ss, who have also made friendships here.

scum is anyone who is trying to take away free speech. the selfishness is unbelievable.
i do feel sorry for anyone who has lost someone, it is horrible. i lost my mother, not from suicide but from illness, it is awful and unfair when you love someone but ctb is a choice, a choice is your own.

it would be devastating to take this place away, it would be somewhat MURDER if they take this away. they could seriously harm so many people.
their friends, their safe haven, the place that could save them, as it did me, my ctb attempt was stopped because here made me see it clearly.
okay i didnt go to the cliff, i thought about it, i wanted to, but i stopped because of this place. i realised how much danger i could put myself in if i survived such an attempt.
now imagine i was someone who acted on impulse, but i tried searching the web, but SS didnt exist, so i go to jump anyway, then end up possibly alive & brain dead, all because i didnt have the facts/info to understand the impact it could have on me (no pun there!)

thank you for all you do to keep it going and thank you for creating such an amazing place for all of us.
free speech, no judgements, just pure love and respect.

sorry added this later --
its not just holy people or those who have lost someone.
people in general genuinely think they're "helping"

i told my partner how i feel about ctb, that i sometimes wish i had the courage to just end my at times very miserable hard life, that it is the strongest & hardest thing to do, i'd prefer death than to be lonely or worse...homeless, like im sorry but where is the true help for that? the government just fuck people off, leave you to rot if you havent got the means to play their sick game. money is the root of all that is evil.
he told me "no it is a weak thing to do, you need help thinking like that and i'll get it you, if you attempt it i'll get the law involved, i myself will take it on to call the doctors for you" my reply, "so get me locked up for thoughts, feelings?" he just said, you need help if you think like that.
how on earth is someone going to help, they cant help those who have no roof over their heads.
i read somewhere that a lot of people look down on the homeless as worthless, yet if those wanted to ctb then its all "Omg nooo, why would you do that" why the fuck wouldnt you, why do people want people to suffer.

another issue is people telling people about this website. some may have told family members, friends, which i have never done.
once you do though, they will tell others about it and it spreads and then you get the judgemental kind here, the helpers come to save you, yet youre okay you just want a place to vent. this is when it gets out of hand. im not saying it should be secret, but it should be for likeminded people.

Last edited:
NeverSatisfied

NeverSatisfied

Experienced
Dec 28, 2020
They should just leave us alone, they do every other time.
This is one of the most relevant things that have been said on here so far. They've managed to set up a huge campaign to get this site shut down and so many people have clamored on board with such intense emotions and opinions. But all of those are doing nothing about the mental health system. And they're only making the stigma worse as they threaten those apart of it.

raindrops

raindrops

Someday, eventually
Mar 29, 2020
This is one of the most relevant things that have been said on here so far. They've managed to set up a huge campaign to get this site shut down and so many people have clamored on board with such intense emotions and opinions. But all of those are doing nothing about the mental health system. And they're only making the stigma worse as they threaten those apart of it.
what makes me laugh is this, say he gets it shut down, what is he then going to do with his life?
what will he focus on next, reddit? facebook? youtube? the fukin whole entire world wide web? when does it stop for him, he's now invested in so much time into closing it down, he loves it, it has become his hobby. hopefully he will focus on a real world problem, something that truly needs fixthe26. maybe he will be the one to stop world hunger also, who knows.

NeverSatisfied

NeverSatisfied

Experienced
Dec 28, 2020
what makes me laugh is this, say he gets it shut down, what is he then going to do with his life?
what will he focus on next, reddit? facebook? youtube? the fukin whole entire world wide web? when does it stop for him, he's now invested in so much time into closing it down, he loves it, it has become his hobby.
Right? Imagining this scenario was both extremely sad and funny. I just picture them shutting their laptops and going "whelp." Then realizing that getting this site shutdown has done absolutely nothing to change the world around them. Being this passionate about mental health would actually make a difference and is a cause in which the benefits keep giving.

raindrops

raindrops

Someday, eventually
Mar 29, 2020
Right? Imagining this scenario was both extremely sad and funny. I just picture them shutting their laptops and going "whelp." Then realizing that getting this site shutdown has done absolutely nothing to change the world around them. Being this passionate about mental health would actually make a difference and is a cause in which the benefits keep giving.
well, i get this feeling theyre not bothered about mental health, otherwise by now they would see how this place affects people positively.
look how many of us have stated how it has a positive impact, yet they still call it illegal, what is exactly? am i missing something, what is illegal here?
my problem with them is how they are trying to take away free speech, SS is allowed to exist, i can talk online about my mental health, i can talk about how i want to ctb without the repercussions, such as getting locked up in a psych ward.
i hate the censorship they are trying to enforce, thats my issue.

also i have to add do they think we are all mentally fucked we cant decide for ourselves what is positive and what is not?! pisses me off.

Last edited:
Avyn

Avyn

Experienced
Jan 27, 2021
Wow I can't believe that they actually made a whole Petition for this and got almost 10,000 signatures.
Imagine if they invested all this time in actually helping depressed and suicidal people, but all they have been doing is just trying to take down suicidal peoples freedom of speech in a forum.
Isn't that very ironic?
Damn. Must be our bad that your child which was a minor had access to our site that is clearly 18+. Wanna go take down pornhub next?