• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

nozomu

nozomu

Global Mod // will i wiN my recovery arc
Nov 28, 2022
This post contains information on pharmacological interactions between common medications used to treat COVID-19 and barbiturates, though it may be relevant for other CTB medication protocols.

I'd like to preface this with I am not a pharamcologist by profession but I am a research scientist, who reads often about pharmacological science due to my illnesses, CTB information, and also out of general interest. So I can understand these papers but I am not a professional and cannot advise anyone personally on these matters! I just wanted to share what I learned for harm reduction purposes.

But, I strongly caution anyone to delay plans to CTB if they're planning on using barbiturates as either N, or as part of the 5-drug mix described in PPeH, if they are either currently being treated for COVID 19 with paxlovid, or if they are on a HIV treatment regimen that involves the use of ritonavir. For the latter situation, I would weigh out the personal choice of discontinuation of medication and do your own research on what constitutes clearance of ritonavir such that the barbiturates behave as you desire them to. But for the COVID-19 situation, doctors advise you can return to taking conflicting medications after 5 days, generally.

Ritonavir is a strong inhibitor of cytochrome P450-3A4, which barbiturates such as N are a strong inducer of. This makes both medications substantially less effective when taken in conjunction with one another. A study showed that phenobarbital prescribed for seizures was at 50% less plasma concentration, meaning DOUBLE the dose was needed for the intended pharmaceutical affect. Given blood concentration levels far above this are needed to achieve CTB, I would assume this nullification of 50% extends to overdose as well.

Given how difficult barbiturate medications are to obtain to CTB, I would hate for someone to have a failed attempt and get warded against their consent, or other issues. So for harm reduction purposes, I wanted to share this information. Please always treat yourself for COVID, since if you decide to press on, a life without long COVID is better than a life with. But if you are feeling the need to CTB during such treatments, please delay it until a few days after treatments and reassess how you are feeling. It could either be the few days you need to make a rational decision, or just waiting a few days to guarantee your plan if your mind is already made.

Be safe everyone, just wanted to share this info and I hope it helps someone since it isn't in PPeH and very very few medications are inhibitors of barbiturates, but given this medication is very common now due to covid, I felt the need to share what I learned. I plan on sharing this information with exit too, since they just say it's very uncommon for N to not work due to drug interactions but it's very possible with ritonavir.

dialogos

dialogos

Experienced
Jul 5, 2023
Thank you for the information. This should be part of the resources sticky

Reactions: nozomu