Experienced
Mar 5, 2022
Low by Flo Rida featuring T-Pain is a song about a man meeting a woman in a club that he finds sexually attractive, and proceeds to court and eventually she sleeps with. No one can deny that it is a banger and one of the best things to come from the 21st century. I take no issue with this song, it is on constant repeat for me. But I'd like to bring up some specific lyrics.

"Shawty had them apple bottom jeans (jeans)
Boots with the fur (with the fur)"

and

"Them baggy sweat pants and the Reeboks with the straps (with the straps)"

These lyrics, without much thought, imply that the shawty in question was wearing each article simultaneously. This has been a widely discussed topic, as I know of the Twitter theory where the woman is a centaur. Even T-Pain himself has given an explanation for this discrepancy (these are two different women). With that being said, I would still like to discuss this discrepancy and what else it can entail.

1. Several leg-centric combinations
The first possibility within my theories is a strange mix of clothing items. This may include the following combinations:
  • One boot, one Reebok with the strap, one leg in jeans, one leg in sweatpants. Least likely, as the footwear was referred to in plural form.
  • Shoes that are boots in the front but Reeboks in the back, alongside a jean-sweatpant hybrid.
  • Boots that are perfectly sized with larger Reeboks on top, and sweatpants over jeans.
  • Reeboks with straps that could have been adjusted for additional fur and more bootlike qualities, and sweatpants put on over jeans with the aid of a belt wrapped around it.
These are only some of the possible combinations of fashion that can occur. If I got into it more, then I would not be able to get into other theories. Though alongside theory is the fact that the shawty in question may have "gotten low" as she was fainting from the layers of clothing she was wearing. Much to think about.

2. Legs and arms
Another possibility is the woman using all limbs for her fashion endeavor. This may include the normal wearing of jeans and boots, with the sweatpants on the arms and Reeboks on the hands. This may also work inverse, and with some elements reversed such as a jeans-Reeboks combo.

3. Changing herself between lyrics
Perhaps the shawty in question had worn the apple bottom jeans and boots with the fur earlier in the evening, but had some reason to change into the Reeboks with the straps and sweatpants. Maybe someone threw up on her and she had a perfect change of clothes. Perhaps the first outfit was getting too uncomfortable (think tight jeans and boots having thin heels) and wanted to wear something more comfortable.

4. T-Pain was the one wearing the sweatpants and Reeboks with the strap
There is a possibility that between verses, there was a simple failure to indicate that the subject of the song has changed. So this may imply that the first part of was T-Pain speaking about the woman, then describing himself after in the sweatpants and Reeboks. This would also imply that she gave his big booty a smack, and I respect that.

Any other possible theories? Thank you for your contributions if you ever do provide anything.

• Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: eatantz, NoHorizon, Alyra and 15 others
BitterlyAlive_

BitterlyAlive_

-
Dec 8, 2020
This is wonderful.

• Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: N33dT0D13, fox_wannabe, ............. and 1 other person
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Low by Flo Rida featuring T-Pain is a song about a man meeting a woman in a club that he finds sexually attractive, and proceeds to court and eventually she sleeps with. No one can deny that it is a banger and one of the best things to come from the 21st century. I take no issue with this song, it is on constant repeat for me. But I'd like to bring up some specific lyrics.

"Shawty had them apple bottom jeans (jeans)
Boots with the fur (with the fur)"

and

"Them baggy sweat pants and the Reeboks with the straps (with the straps)"

These lyrics, without much thought, imply that the shawty in question was wearing each article simultaneously. This has been a widely discussed topic, as I know of the Twitter theory where the woman is a centaur. Even T-Pain himself has given an explanation for this discrepancy (these are two different women). With that being said, I would still like to discuss this discrepancy and what else it can entail.

1. Several leg-centric combinations
The first possibility within my theories is a strange mix of clothing items. This may include the following combinations:
  • One boot, one Reebok with the strap, one leg in jeans, one leg in sweatpants. Least likely, as the footwear was referred to in plural form.
  • Shoes that are boots in the front but Reeboks in the back, alongside a jean-sweatpant hybrid.
  • Boots that are perfectly sized with larger Reeboks on top, and sweatpants over jeans.
  • Reeboks with straps that could have been adjusted for additional fur and more bootlike qualities, and sweatpants put on over jeans with the aid of a belt wrapped around it.
These are only some of the possible combinations of fashion that can occur. If I got into it more, then I would not be able to get into other theories. Though alongside theory is the fact that the shawty in question may have "gotten low" as she was fainting from the layers of clothing she was wearing. Much to think about.

2. Legs and arms
Another possibility is the woman using all limbs for her fashion endeavor. This may include the normal wearing of jeans and boots, with the sweatpants on the arms and Reeboks on the hands. This may also work inverse, and with some elements reversed such as a jeans-Reeboks combo.

3. Changing herself between lyrics
Perhaps the shawty in question had worn the apple bottom jeans and boots with the fur earlier in the evening, but had some reason to change into the Reeboks with the straps and sweatpants. Maybe someone threw up on her and she had a perfect change of clothes. Perhaps the first outfit was getting too uncomfortable (think tight jeans and boots having thin heels) and wanted to wear something more comfortable.

4. T-Pain was the one wearing the sweatpants and Reeboks with the strap
There is a possibility that between verses, there was a simple failure to indicate that the subject of the song has changed. So this may imply that the first part of was T-Pain speaking about the woman, then describing himself after in the sweatpants and Reeboks. This would also imply that she gave his big booty a smack, and I respect that.

Any other possible theories? Thank you for your contributions if you ever do provide anything.
If you ever decide to run for president, you have my vote.

• Yay!
Reactions: N33dT0D13, stygal and .............
ClownMe

ClownMe

Don't Cry for Me, I'm Already Dead
Apr 7, 2021
Cosmo Kramer Mind Blown GIF

• Love
Reactions: Celerity, N33dT0D13 and .............
Cathy Ames

Cathy Ames

Cautionary Tale
Mar 11, 2022
T-Pain was the one wearing the sweatpants and Reeboks with the strap

I very badly want it to be this!

• Yay!
Reactions: N33dT0D13, ............. and stygal
stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
I also think about "dumb" or nonsensical lyrics once and awhile.
Especially while being blasted with shitty radio-tunes all day at the office.

Eventhough it never turns into such a hilarious and masterfully thought-trough Essay like in Ops case

But I thought about Bruno Mars "Grenade" for a bit the other day:

Easy come, easy go
That's just how you live, oh
Take, take, take it all
But you never give
Should've known you was trouble
From the first kiss
Had your eyes wide open
Why were they open?

So why is he criticizing her when the only way to find out if someone's eyes are open during kissing are to also have your eyes open?

Or is a psychic?

Or a creep with cameras installed to watch over every girl he is kissing?

• Yay!
  • Wow
Reactions: NoHorizon, N33dT0D13, Cathy Ames and 1 other person

Experienced
Mar 5, 2022
I also think about "dumb" or nonsensical lyrics once and awhile.
Especially while being blasted with shitty radio-tunes all day at the office.

Eventhough it never turns into such a hilarious and masterfully thought-trough Essay like in Ops case

But I thought about Bruno Mars "Grenade" for a bit the other day:

Easy come, easy go
That's just how you live, oh
Take, take, take it all
But you never give
Should've known you was trouble
From the first kiss
Had your eyes wide open
Why were they open?

So why is he criticizing her when the only way to find out if someone's eyes are open during kissing are to also have your eyes open?

Or is a psychic?

Or a creep with cameras installed to watch over every girl he is kissing?
I never thought about this. I need to write up several theories. Permission to do so?

• Hugs
Reactions: N33dT0D13, stygal and Cathy Ames
fox_wannabe

fox_wannabe

Enlightened
Jul 7, 2021
I love this <3

• Hugs
Reactions: N33dT0D13 and .............
N33dT0D13

N33dT0D13

Xe/It
Apr 2, 2023
I never thought about this. I need to write up several theories. Permission to do so?
No permission needed but you have mine, please do, this has been as entertaining as it has been elucidating
Assuming there are other lyrics / things you want / are willing to give this treatment to, I'd read your theories on whatever

Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
This is the kind of hard-hitting analysis that made me create an account on this site.

I think it's talking about T-Pain with the sweat pants. Everyone knows the "my eyes are up here" grey sweatpants season.

Awkward Muscle GIF by Box Menswear