• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Deleted member 18655

Deleted member 18655

Enlightened
Jun 4, 2020
Last week I was supposed to have a second interview after having what I thought was a good interview the week before.

The one employee (my counterpart) showed up 10 minutes late and said they were running behind and would reschedule. They didn't get back to me so I emailed them early this week. I just had an interview (with only the first guy who showed up last week). We had a good chat and, at the very end of the meeting - before it was even finished - I got an email saying "thanks but no thanks." Before the interview was even finished?!

I'm reading the signals loud and clear. -_-

Come to think of it, they dodged a bullet by not hiring me!

Emily_Numb

Emily_Numb

Wizard
Jan 14, 2020
You don't want to work for a company who would email you so quickly after an interview. It means there was no real formal process in place for grading candidates. I think you made a lucky escape not to work for such unprofessional assholes.

Huntfish34

Huntfish34

Enlightened
Mar 13, 2020
I agree ,. Good on you for that happening the way it did . On to bigger and better things !

Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
Sometimes it does feel like the world is taunting you when you make a step like this and get kicked straight back down. Remember that in this context this was likely pretty random. Pick yourself up and keep trying if possible, I am sure you can succeed.

C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020
I'll give you youngsters a hint to give you a leg up in job interviews:
Turn the tables on them. They're not interviewing you, you're interviewing them.
Don't sit meekly waiting to answer their questions. You ask the questions.

if your asking questions it makes you look interested or keen to learn!

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
at the very end of the meeting - before it was even finished - I got an email saying "thanks but no thanks." Before the interview was even finished?!
At least they notified you, unlike most companies. You never hear anything. Still it's kind of odd.

Deleted member 18655

Deleted member 18655

Enlightened
Jun 4, 2020
Gee! Thank you all!! Why can't my life be this supportive and warm? :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

That sucks. My last interview, i knew within a fraction of a second that he had already passed. Should've just saved the gas money.
This was a Zoom. No gas money. This was a great interview and he and I were talking about how well we'd work together. It just doesn't make sense.

You don't want to work for a company who would email you so quickly after an interview. It means there was no real formal process in place for grading candidates. I think you made a lucky escape not to work for such unprofessional assholes.
They said there's a hiring frenzy going on, which I can see on the job sites and the HR girl (only at the job for five months) might be overwhelmed. Not to justify anything but while the other trainer and I were talking wages, benefits, references, and next steps, she emailed me an F-U. Simultaneously!?

An employer turning up late for the interview...........imagine if that was the other way round, they would crucify you.
you're the one who's probably dodged a bullet as they don't seem very professional to me
I know. You're right. But the one being interviewed is always at the mercy of the company.

I agree ,. Good on you for that happening the way it did . On to bigger and better things !
HAHAHA This made me laugh, truly! :smiling: This was the first interview since May. I'm taking it as a bus ticket... happily!

Sometimes it does feel like the world is taunting you when you make a step like this and get kicked straight back down. Remember that in this context this was likely pretty random. Pick yourself up and keep trying if possible, I am sure you can succeed.
If I get the chance I'm one of the best in my field. I just have pretty bad luck and I think I'm a great target for anyone needing a scapegoat. I hate that about myself.

I'll give you youngsters a hint to give you a leg up in job interviews:
Turn the tables on them. They're not interviewing you, you're interviewing them.
Don't sit meekly waiting to answer their questions. You ask the questions.
Oh, I did! In both interviews! I'm a hard-nose and I know my stuff. And I know the questions and comments that most people won't say or ask. None of this makes any sense... It's got to be a sign from Somewhere... :halo::ehh:

if your asking questions it makes you look interested or keen to learn!
Oh, I know I impressed the guy I was talking with today. He was talking like we were going to be working alongside each other and he was sharing project content. He went over time with me and was late for his next interview.. oy vey!?

At least they notified you, unlike most companies. You never hear anything. Still it's kind of odd.
WHY would one person in the company be going in one direction and another going in another direction? I hate when things don't make sense! The whole job hunting is one of the worst pursuits anyone has to go through. It's enough to make someone...want to ctb :pfff::pfff::pfff: (just a little humour haha)

I'm too old to take this process lightly. I'm good at what I do, I'm more educated than most people and have experiences most people don't have. I don't have the connections which is my downfall but that's it. I LOATHE job hunting. I've been regretting my decision to leave teaching, to leave my beloved country in the desert; if I were still doing that I'd be here, miserable because I was sent home temporarily due to COVID, but I'd be grounded. I'm floating with no direction and nothing to look forward to. I'm reduced to being desperate for a package from the mailman. Not an ideal life.

But I am grateful for all of you! Thank you again :heart::hug: