• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
This is a brief guide to hallucinogens which are legal in most countries in the world or in some cases in the legal grey zone. That these hallucinogens are legal does not mean that they are weak. They are in fact comparable to scheduled hallucinogens and should probably be scheduled too.

Now, if you feel that you want to try legal hallucinogens, make sure that you know what you're getting into. There's much anecdotal evidence and some preliminary scientific evidence that hallucinogens can be used to treat and even cure depressions. However, there's always the risk of bad trips and mental health conditions increase this risk. They can worsen your mental health problems, cause psychoses, traumatize you, and even cause PTSD in the worst-case scenario.

I should point out that I don't have much experience of hallucinogens and that I'm not an expert by any means. I'm simply interested in their therapeutic potential and generally curious. If anyone has experience of these or other legal hallucinogens, input is of course appreciated.

Note: Some of these hallucinogens require an MAOI (monoamine oxidase inhibitor) to work. It's necessary for the hallucinogen ingredients to not be metabolized in the stomach. It can be dangerous to combine MAOI's with some medicines and foods, so you need to read up carefully if you plan to use one.

4-AcO-DMT (O-Acetylpsilocin, 4-Acetoxy-N,N-dimethyltryptamine, C14H18N2O2)

There's not much information about this hallucinogen available. 4-AcO-DMT is illegal in half a dozen countries and in the grey zone in most other countries. This means that there's a very small risk or no risk of being prosecuted for possessing a small quantity. 4-AcO-DMT has similar effects as psilocybin, the active ingredient in magic mushrooms, although some think they resemble the effects of DMT more. In other words, this is a very strong hallucinogen, which means that it can entail philosophical introspection and mystical experiences among many other things. 4-AcO-DMT is evidently extremely difficult to find.

Acasia confusa

Pure DMT is illegal, but strangely enough not plants containing it, and one such plant is mimosa hostilis. It's surprisingly easy to find and not particularly expensive. Unless taken in extremely large amounts, acasia confusa works if it's combined with a so-called MAOI, such as caapi (banisteriopsis caapi) or Syrian rue (peganum harmala). This combination can be prepared in many different ways, but essentially, it's enough to ingest both plants and let them interact in the stomach. Acasia confusa is often compared to mimosa hostilis, but there are comparatively few trip reports so it's difficult to say how correct this comparison is. It seems that larger quantities are used and that the trip is softer in nature. In any case, it contains comparatively much DMT and ingesting it is comparable to smoking pure DMT. In other words, this is a very strong hallucinogen, which means that it can entail philosophical introspection and mystical experiences among many other things, but also bad trips which are truly horrifying. A trip on pure DMT usually lasts for around a quarter of an hour, whereas a trip on Mimosa hostilis can last three to four hours.

Fly agaric (Amanita muscaria)

First of all, it should be stressed that if fly agaric isn't prepared properly, ingesting it can result in poisoning with symptoms such as ataxia, delirium, seizures, coma, and in the worst-case scenario death. However, it can be detoxified with parboiling and used as a hallucinogen. It's often claimed that Viking berserkers ate fly agaric before battle, and that might very well be true, because it does have strong effects. These effects seem to be diverse and unpredictable. They can for instance be sedative, hypnotic, dissociative, psychedelic, and deliriant. The effects seem to be less pleasant and less potent than those of other hallucinogens and consequently this hallucinogen is not very popular among psychonauts.

Hawaiian baby woodrose

Hawaiian baby woodrose seeds contain LSA, which is closely related to LSD. They are readily available and not particularly expensive. This hallucinogen is much more cognitive than visual in nature; auditory hallucinations are common, though. Users report that they have reached deep insights about themselves and the world during trips. However, perception of time and space can be dramatically altered, and there are plenty of warnings that this hallucinogen shouldn't be taken lightly. At higher doses, it's evidently common to believe that one is about to lose one's mind. A common side effect of taking Hawaiian baby woodrose seeds is severe vomiting, but this can be mitigated in different ways, e.g. with anti-emetics or ginger.

Magic mushrooms (Psilocybe semilanceata, Psilocybe cubensis etc.)

Magic mushrooms are of course illegal in most countries in the world. However, there are varieties that grow naturally in fields and forests. In some countries there's no legislation surrounding this kind of magic mushrooms, in other countries possession is illegal, in yet other countries it's illegal to even collect them. However, the risk of being comprehended and prosecuted by the authorities seems to be slim. A police officer is not likely to know what kind of mushrooms they really are. These kinds of magic mushrooms have effects similar or identical to those of scheduled ones, both good and bad. However, they are usually small in size and don't contain that much psilocybin, so quite large quantities are usually required for a trip.

Magic truffles (Sclerotia of different magic mushrooms)

Magic mushrooms are illegal almost everywhere, but the sclerotia of magic mushrooms, simplified the subterranean parts, are legal in the Netherlands and in the legal grey zone in many other countries. It's difficult to find information about the legality of magic truffles so it seems that they may have flown under the radar of authorities in many countries. Just like magic mushrooms, magic truffles contain psilocybin and the methods of administration are the same, i.e. they are eaten or brewed as a tea. Magic truffles have weaker effects than magic mushrooms, although some claim that they basically are just as strong. In any case, that truffles have weaker effects doesn't mean that the effects are weak by any means. They produce strong closed-eye hallucinations. Allegedly, it's possible to experience effects typical for strong hallucinogens such as ego-death.

Mexican calea (Calea ternifolia, Calea Zacatechichi)

Mexican calea is legal in all countries except Australia, Poland, and some states in the USA. It is available as dried leaves, powders, tinctures, resins, and capsules. It can be brewed as a tea, smoked, or simply eaten. Its effects are not as dramatic as the ones of the other hallucinogens on this list. Mexican calea can induce so-called lucid dreaming, which means that one is aware that one is dreaming, the dreams are clear and vivid, can be controlled to a degree, and feel as if they last for a very long time. It can engender "divine visions" of for instance extra-terrestrial and future societies, and supposedly also induce euphoria. Some sources claim that it can have adverse effects, entail allergic reactions, and be addictive, but it's difficult to say how true these claims are.

Mimosa hostilis (Mimosa Tenuiflora, Jurema preta)

Pure DMT is illegal, but strangely enough not plants containing it, and one such plant is mimosa hostilis. It's surprisingly easy to find and not particularly expensive. Unless taken in very large amounts, mimosa hostilis only works if it's combined with a so-called MAOI, such as caapi (banisteriopsis caapi) or Syrian rue (peganum harmala). This combination can be prepared in many different ways, but essentially, it's enough to ingest both plants and let them interact in the stomach. Testimonies of exactly how strong mimosa hostilis is vary, but it contains comparatively much DMT and ingesting it is comparable to smoking pure DMT. In other words, this is a very strong hallucinogen, which means that it can entail philosophical introspection and mystical experiences among many other things, but also bad trips which are truly horrifying. A trip on pure DMT usually lasts for around a quarter of an hour, whereas a trip on Mimosa hostilis can last three to four hours.

Morning glory (Ipomoea violacea)

Morning glory contains LSA, which is closely related to LSD. They are readily available and inexpensive. This hallucinogen is much more cognitive than visual in nature; auditory hallucinations are common, though. Users report that they have reached deep insights about themselves and the world during trips. However, perception of time and space can be dramatically altered, and there are plenty of warnings that this hallucinogen shouldn't be taken lightly. Morning glory seeds are often compared to Hawaiian baby woodrose seeds, but evidently have worse side effects, but in terms of numbers and intensity, most notably severe vomiting. The effects can last 6–10 hours.

Nutmeg (Myristica fragrans)

First of all, it should be stressed that contrary to the other hallucinogens on this list, it's possible to overdose on nutmeg and even die, especially if it's combined with other drugs. It may sound strange that something as cheap and common as nutmeg can cause hallucinations, but at high doses it certainly can. Some users claim that the effects are almost as profound as those of LSD, but most trip reports describe much weaker effects, mainly visual hallucinations. A trip can reportedly last as long as 12 hours. Some users find it to be a through and through pleasant experience, but there are plenty of reports of unpleasant side effects, including long and excruciating hangovers. These hangovers can evidently last 24–48 hours in the worst-case scenario.

Salvia (Salvia divinorum)

First of all, Salvia is arguably stronger than all other hallucinogens, including illegal ones, and can be very dangerous to use. Nevertheless, it's only illegal in around 20, mostly European countries, and it doesn't seem to very closely monitored in those countries. The traditional method of administration is to chew the leaves of the plant, but it's more common to smoke extracts of different strengths. Salvia is a unique hallucinogen, both in terms of chemistry and effects. Trips are seldom, if ever, pleasant. On the contrary, they are almost invariably disturbing and eerie and often even outright horrifying and traumatizing. The hallucinations appear to be 100 % real to the user and can't be distinguished from reality; it literally feels like being in another world. Common hallucinations include seeing reality being ripped apart, known as "the zipper", and believing that one is, always has been, and always will be an inanimate object such as a clock or a rug. Some users describe it like being in hell or the closest one can come to hell on earth. Something else which makes salvia stand out among other hallucinogens on this list is that it's possible to move around physically during trips, which can result in injuring oneself or others. Despite all of this, there are actually psychonauts who keep returning to salvia as they find the experience fascinating, mystical, and enlightening.

Yopo (Anadenanthera peregrina, Piptadenia peregrina)

Pure DMT is illegal, but strangely enough not plants containing it, and this includes yopo seeds, which are easy to find and quite cheap. The downside with this hallucinogen is the method of administration. It involves a slightly complicated preparation of yopo seeds, baking soda and lime. The end product is then snorted, and snorting lime is obviously a painful experience. The hallucinations are evidently not as those of other plants containing DMT listed here and are mainly of a visual nature.

Last edited:
Abgrundanziehung

Abgrundanziehung

or Abi for short
Jun 24, 2020
Thanks for the guide. When I have the money I'm going to be ordering a couple of these. I know I'm crazy, but I seriously want to try salvia at some point. I find my nightmares cathartic and have someone who could watch me if I completely lose it.

Reactions: AQUA and Sensei
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
Thanks for the guide. When I have the money I'm going to be ordering a couple of these. I know I'm crazy, but I seriously want to try salvia at some point. I find my nightmares cathartic and have someone who could watch me if I completely lose it.

I understand exactly what you mean. I've tried a couple of them because I feel that I don't have anything to lose anymore. Be careful, though.

CuddleHug

CuddleHug

Back, but with less enthusiasm. Hugs~
Feb 22, 2020
I understand exactly what you mean. I've tried a couple of them because I feel that I don't have anything to lose anymore. Be careful, though.

Interesting! Part of me wishes I had the courage to try, but I'm too scared of getting a bad trip and also don't have anyone to watch over me.

I giggled a bit when I saw nutmeg on the list, because there's this guy on Youtube doing 18th century cooking and he puts nutmeg in everything. It's a running joke in the comments of his videos that he's addicted to it and this new revelation puts it on a whole different level :pfff: I doubt he's actually abusing its hallucinogenic effects, though, but who knows :heh:

Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
Interesting! Part of me wishes I had the courage to try, but I'm too scared of getting a bad trip and also don't have anyone to watch over me.

I've got no one to watch over me either, but I've tried a couple of legal hallucinogens anyway. Turned really nasty once.

I giggled a bit when I saw nutmeg on the list, because there's this guy on Youtube doing 18th century cooking and he puts nutmeg in everything. It's a running joke in the comments of his videos that he's addicted to it and this new revelation puts it on a whole different level :pfff: I doubt he's actually abusing its hallucinogenic effects, though, but who knows :heh:

Who knows? :D I've never tried nutmeg myself, but evidently it takes very large quantities, so large that it's difficult to ingest all of it.

Reactions: AQUA and CuddleHug
falloutcarter13

falloutcarter13

Bury me, bury me...
Aug 1, 2020
Nice guide you've written here. For people curious about nutmeg, it definitely is psychoactive and I've used it extensively. The main problem people have with it is the sheer volume of the shit you have to consume in order to "trip." I've done it in doses from 3g all the way up to 60g in a 12 hour period. It is IMPORTANT to know that nutmeg affects everyone differently - some people like me can consume ridiculously high amounts and suffer no ill effects, while others like my ex can take as little as 5g and become completely dissociated and end up in the ER with panic attacks. So if you're curious, start low and go slow! Generally, low doses feel similar to a marijuana high, and high doses feel more like a natural hallucinogen/empathogen like shrooms. But this is general and your mileage will vary. This is a very unpleasant substance to most to get down, personally I just mix it with hot water 5g at a time and choke it down. People who want to try it but are unwilling to deal with the taste can put it in empty large gelcaps, but this is really time consuming as each capsule only holds about 1g. One more time, go slow with this. Just because it's on the spice rack doesn't mean it's not a powerful psychoactive! Another thing to keep in mind is that the effects can take 4-8 hours to start showing up, and they can last for over 24 hours after they do. Cheers, thanks op!

Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
Nice guide you've written here. For people curious about nutmeg, it definitely is psychoactive and I've used it extensively. The main problem people have with it is the sheer volume of the shit you have to consume in order to "trip." I've done it in doses from 3g all the way up to 60g in a 12 hour period. It is IMPORTANT to know that nutmeg affects everyone differently - some people like me can consume ridiculously high amounts and suffer no ill effects, while others like my ex can take as little as 5g and become completely dissociated and end up in the ER with panic attacks. So if you're curious, start low and go slow! Generally, low doses feel similar to a marijuana high, and high doses feel more like a natural hallucinogen/empathogen like shrooms. But this is general and your mileage will vary. This is a very unpleasant substance to most to get down, personally I just mix it with hot water 5g at a time and choke it down. People who want to try it but are unwilling to deal with the taste can put it in empty large gelcaps, but this is really time consuming as each capsule only holds about 1g. One more time, go slow with this. Just because it's on the spice rack doesn't mean it's not a powerful psychoactive! Another thing to keep in mind is that the effects can take 4-8 hours to start showing up, and they can last for over 24 hours after they do. Cheers, thanks op!

Thanks for the info! Do you dare give any recommendations on starting dosage?

Abgrundanziehung

Abgrundanziehung

or Abi for short
Jun 24, 2020
I can never use up nutmeg fast enough since I mostly use it with eggnog during the holidays then after that its just sitting around doing nothing for 9 months out of the year. I know how to fix that problem now.

You can just use oblate discs if you don't want to taste it. You can pretty safely put 1/2 to 3/4 tsp of powder in each one and its easy to do with a little practice. This vid shows one of many ways to use them. I fold mine up just like that except I only dip it halfway into water to seal.

Reactions: AQUA and Sensei
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
I can never use up nutmeg fast enough since I mostly use it with eggnog during the holidays then after that its just sitting around doing nothing for 9 months out of the year. I know how to fix that problem now.

You can just use oblate discs if you don't want to taste it. You can pretty safely put 1/2 to 3/4 tsp of powder in each one and its easy to do with a little practice. This vid shows one of many ways to use them. I fold mine up just like that except I only dip it halfway into water to seal.

That's a clever solution. I actually took nutmeg today for the first time, and I thought it was easy to down. I haven't experienced any hallucinations, but I've been in a really good mood all the time. :)

Abgrundanziehung

Abgrundanziehung

or Abi for short
Jun 24, 2020
Hey @Sensei that sounds good enough to me. Looks like you can get a pound of it for like $12 online

Reactions: Sensei
Abgrundanziehung

Abgrundanziehung

or Abi for short
Jun 24, 2020
I just read that it can give you a pretty nasty hangover too so you be careful there too .

I

ilovenightmares

Alcohol is my medication
Jul 4, 2020
Just want to mention salvia lasts around 3-8 mins with up to an hour hangover.

I've crazy stories about it from myself and witnessing others, but being such a short trip makes it less scary to try?

Edit: You also get different strengths, lower is more the giggles and slight hallucinations, stronger is other worldly.

Last edited:
Abgrundanziehung

Abgrundanziehung

or Abi for short
Jun 24, 2020
Just want to mention salvia lasts around 3-8 mins with up to an hour hangover.

I've crazy stories about it from myself and witnessing others, but being such a short trip makes it less scary to try?
Love the username @ilovenightmares. That actually sounds perfect timewise for a potentially nightmarish trip. Do you mind sharing any of those stories?

Reactions: taylor321
so tired or manic

so tired or manic

Arcanist
Jun 12, 2020
do bath salts count? i remember some crazy shit happening from that

Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Diphenhydramine (DPH, Benadryl) will cause intense hallucinations if you OD on it. The drug is a deliriant and the hallucinations produced are pure nightmare fuel. Like Dextromethorphan (DXM) it can be very dangerous so take at your own risk.

Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Nitrous Oxide (whippets) can produce hallucinations by depriving the brain of oxygen. The drug can also frost burn your lungs and will definitely kill you if you abuse it.

It has started regaining popularity through the rap scene. I'd highly recommend against using this drug but it does fit the category of this thread.

Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
Nitrous Oxide (whippets) can produce hallucinations by depriving the brain of oxygen. The drug can also frost burn your lungs and will definitely kill you if you abuse it.

It has started regaining popularity through the rap scene. I'd highly recommend against using this drug but it does fit the category of this thread.

Diphenhydramine (DPH, Benadryl) will cause intense hallucinations if you OD on it. The drug is a deliriant and the hallucinations produced are pure nightmare fuel. Like Dextromethorphan (DXM) it can be very dangerous so take at your own risk.

Damn, you're on a roll today!

Reactions: Brick In The Wall
GravityUtilizer

GravityUtilizer

Born to lose
May 22, 2020
Common hallucinations include seeing reality being ripped apart, known as "the zipper", and believing that one is, always has been, and always will be an inanimate object such as a clock or a rug. Some users describe it like being in hell or the closest one can come to hell on earth.
Why the hell does this sound so appealing to me???

falloutcarter13

falloutcarter13

Bury me, bury me...
Aug 1, 2020
Thanks for the info! Do you dare give any recommendations on starting dosage?
I see you already gave it a shot, but I'd start with 3-5g, no more than that. Its barely psychoactive to some people at that dose, but like I said in my post, my ex took 5g and she was gone. Totally dissociated, talking about how she lived a past life in Atlantis and was a blue elf person, and the evil space trolls were about to start their assault on the city. She was fine while she was having these hallucinations, but when she came back to this world, she got confused and horrified at the sensation of being in two places at once and started freaking out to the point where she was a danger to herself, no choice but to take her to the ER. Luckily they just popped her with some Ativan, waited a few hours until she could converse normally, and cut her loose.

This isn't a common scenario at all, but just knowing its a possibility causes me to advise extreme caution for new users. For most people, like you seem to have experienced, its basically just a mood elevator and empathogen. Might cause some "high thoughts" similar to really good weed. But some people can and do lose their shit entirely on what I'd consider a child's dose :pfff: