Justnotme

Justnotme

I want to hang myself
Mar 7, 2022
They brought me a cylinder with nitrogen in this form.
This cylinder has already been used. I was warned at the time of ordering that this cylinder is NOT new.

I'm afraid to use it.
I'm afraid it's going to explode.
I read that cylinders can explode due to corrosion, as the nitrogen in the cylinder is under high pressure.

Attachments

• IMG_20231228_170655.jpg
    IMG_20231228_170655.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Forever Sleep, rozeske and thewalkingdread
Leavesfromthevine

Leavesfromthevine

Untreated Trauma
Nov 23, 2023
Although I'm not knowledgeable with this stuff I do want to say good luck and hopefully everything stays safe so you can exit how you want, when you want

Reactions: Ninja_Master, Justnotme and Ashu
Reuthry

Reuthry

I just want a way out.
Dec 16, 2023
Well I am not really sure but as far as I know, using the same cylinders with natural gas or whatever is a common practice here because these stuff are quite expensive to make, I guess.

But of course in your situation, I would contact the seller/provider/whatever and tell the situation and hope to get an answer if it is in a usable condition (and if you are still not sure in the end, it would be a good idea to ask an expert or someone knowledgeable in this specific topic). I hope things work well for you and you can find the peace you are looking for.

Reactions: Justnotme
Intoxicated

Intoxicated

M
Nov 16, 2023
Nitrogen is neither corrosive nor oxidizing, so it shouldn't damage the cylinder from the inside. If you don't see severe visible defects on the outer side, the likelihood of explosion is very low.

• Informative
Reactions: Mare Imbrium, Praestat_Mori, Justnotme and 4 others
Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
This cylinder has already been used. I was warned at the time of ordering that this cylinder is NOT new.

I'm afraid to use it.
I read that cylinders can explode due to corrosion, as the nitrogen in the cylinder is under high pressure.
Places refill used cylinders all the time. That cylinder looks worn, but there's no rust/corrosion on the outside or on the valve that you hook up the regulator to, is there?

Like others have said, it won't explode. Only in the case of the valve getting damaged/broken off would there be the possibility of the cylinder flying around the place like a missile. But I wouldn't worry about that unless the valve is badly damaged

Did they tell you it's 100% purity, or near 100%? You could buy an oxygen tester/sensor to check if you were worried about purity of the gas.

• Informative
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, MatrixPrisoner, Justnotme and 3 others
Justnotme

Justnotme

I want to hang myself
Mar 7, 2022
Places refill used cylinders all the time. That cylinder looks worn, but there's no rust/corrosion on the outside or on the valve that you hook up the regulator to, is there?

Like others have said, it won't explode. Only in the case of the valve getting damaged/broken off would there be the possibility of the cylinder flying around the place like a missile. But I wouldn't worry about that unless the valve is badly damaged

Did they tell you it's 100% purity, or near 100%? You could buy an oxygen tester/sensor to check if you were worried about purity of the gas.
I haven't opened the valve yet. I don't have a gearbox for the cylinder yet, and without it I won't open the cylinder, because then the cylinder will work under the highest pressure.

I plan to buy an oximeter to check the purity of nitrogen. But so far, my main fear is that something terrible will happen.

I was told that the purity of nitrogen is 99.999%.

Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
I haven't opened the valve yet. I don't have a gearbox for the cylinder yet, and without it I won't open the cylinder, because then the cylinder will work under the highest pressure.

I plan to buy an oximeter to check the purity of nitrogen. But so far, my main fear is that something terrible will happen.

I was told that the purity of nitrogen is 99.999%.
A gearbox? Do you mean a gas regulator?

I wouldn't worry about something terrible happening. From the photo, it just looks like the black paint has worn off it, though the valve isn't shown in the photo.

Might be worth testing the purity alright.

• Informative
Reactions: Justnotme and Reuthry
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
I don't know much about this method but I do wish you all the best and that you find your peace ❤️

O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022

I'm afraid to use it.
They don't explode, its an inert gas--Of course, if it drops from a high altitude onto a hard surface, it might start spitting and spinning around like a fire extinguisher--I've had my Nitrogen Cylinder for 20 months now, the outside does look a little different but its still just fine

Reactions: Tears in Rain and Justnotme
Justnotme

Justnotme

I want to hang myself
Mar 7, 2022
They don't explode, its an inert gas--Of course, if it drops from a high altitude onto a hard surface, it might start spitting and spinning around like a fire extinguisher--I've had my Nitrogen Cylinder for 20 months now, the outside does look a little different but its still just fine
I understand that nitrogen does not explode by itself. But it is in a cylinder under high pressure. And if there is corrosion in the cylinder, for example, then the steel from which the cylinder is made becomes thinner. Because of this, nitrogen can escape with great force. And the cylinder will not just spin, it will be like a bomb. And a shock wave due to the release of high-pressure nitrogen can completely demolish a lot.

I found this information after I bought nitrogen
I'm in a very bad panic right now.
Very strong.

I really want it to be untrue, but I'm very, very afraid.

UnwillingSavior

UnwillingSavior

Mr. Self Destruct
Nov 2, 2023
I plan to buy an oximeter to check the purity of nitrogen.
If you can afford this, head to a weld supply with your (presumably) sketchy cylinder and ask for a refill of nitrogen. A lot of weld supplies (at least in the US where I live) don't refill your cylinder in particular but instead exchange it with a different cylinder of the same rated volume that has been filled previously. This way you can hopefully end up with a cylinder you think is safer. You should only be charged for the price of the nitrogen gas, not the "new" cylinder. To be clear, the "new" cylinder you receive will have most likely been used. But it should have been inspected beforehand, if you head to a weld supply that isnt sketchy.

Reactions: alwayssearching202
Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
I understand that nitrogen does not explode by itself. But it is in a cylinder under high pressure. And if there is corrosion in the cylinder, for example, then the steel from which the cylinder is made becomes thinner. Because of this, nitrogen can escape with great force. And the cylinder will not just spin, it will be like a bomb. And a shock wave due to the release of high-pressure nitrogen can completely demolish a lot.

I found this information after I bought nitrogen
I'm in a very bad panic right now.
Very strong.

I really want it to be untrue, but I'm very, very afraid.
Don't panic, it'll be fine.
The cylinder looks shabby, bit it seems just to be surface scratches and faded/scraped-off paint. As long as there's no major dents or rust, it's probably fine.

P.S. If it explodes like a bomb, is that not a good thing? You'll ctb without any S.I.!😆

Justnotme

Justnotme

I want to hang myself
Mar 7, 2022
Don't panic, it'll be fine.
The cylinder looks shabby, bit it seems just to be surface scratches and faded/scraped-off paint. As long as there's no major dents or rust, it's probably fine.

P.S. If it explodes like a bomb, is that not a good thing? You'll ctb without any S.I.!😆
I understand that you want to make a joke, but my panic is so strong that I can't laugh.
I don't want other people to die because of me, because the explosion will be big.
And it's going to hurt.

Damn, I'm so dumb... I've always been a pretty stupid person. I've been taking pills for months to relax my brain, and they've made me even more stupid.

I just want a peaceful and peaceful death. I don't want to fail the attempt. And I don't want to experience pain.

And I don't want the walls of the apartment to collapse because of the shock wave...

I'm so scared, everyone forgive me for raising a panic. But I'm scared.

Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
I understand that you want to make a joke, but my panic is so strong that I can't laugh.
I don't want other people to die because of me, because the explosion will be big.
And it's going to hurt.

Damn, I'm so dumb... I've always been a pretty stupid person. I've been taking pills for months to relax my brain, and they've made me even more stupid.

I just want a peaceful and peaceful death. I don't want to fail the attempt. And I don't want to experience pain.

And I don't want the walls of the apartment to collapse because of the shock wave...

I'm so scared, everyone forgive me for raising a panic. But I'm scared.
Sorry, I didn't mean to make light of your situation. But I just think there's nothing to worry about. Nitrogen doesn't cause corrosion; in fact companies use it to clean metals to prevent corrosion:
https://www.southteksystems.com/maintaining-clean-dry-metal-parts-using-nitrogen-gas/

So, even if the cylinder is a couple of years old, the inside of the cylinder won't have corroded.
And looking at the photo of your cylinder, there doesn't seem to be any corrosion on the outside either. From what I see, it's just a bit worn and scratched. Those steel cylinders are a few mm thick.

I hope this reassures you that you have nothing to panic about.(and btw, you don't come across as dumb either).

Last edited:
Reactions: outrider567
Reuthry

Reuthry

I just want a way out.
Dec 16, 2023
Yeah I think it won't be have an issue, as far as I see only paint on the cylinder fell off. I think you would be fine, under the paint it looks just like a cylinder should look like from the photo. I would say, maybe you can contact your seller and ask him about it if you can?

Reactions: outrider567 and Tears in Rain
Mare Imbrium

Mare Imbrium

Killing yourself to live.
Dec 10, 2020
Can you show pictures of the valve?

In the cylinder cannot be corrosion, the purpose of Nitrogen is to avoid corrosion.

Last edited:
Reactions: outrider567
T

tabletop

Student
Oct 8, 2019
Welder here. I work with cylinders like this every day. Have one in my garage right now. I use argon though as nitrogen has no use in welding. But the tanks are exactly the same. I have NEVER ever seen a brand new tank. Just as you've likely NEVER seen a brand new tank on a propane grill. All tanks are exchanged always. Difference between industrial tanks and retail propane is they don't repaint the tank for industrial uses. Propane grill tanks get re-painted so they appear nicer for stupid customers. These high pressure cylinders are INCREDIBLY SAFE. Not even kidding, that steel is roughly an inch thick. These things are transported down the road and on the highway everyday! They are designed to withstand car accidents. Their ONLY weak spot is the valve. Which is usually protected by a screw on steel cap. I can't see cause your photo doesn't show the whole tank. You should also know that the weak point, the valve, is inspected upon each refill. So you can be sure it's safe. I see you have a strap on the tank but don't have it strapped to anything? The gold standard of safety with these things is to stand it up against something then strap it to that thing so that your tank can not fall over. What also works is stacking things around it so that it can not fall over. Or just lay it down on the ground so that it can not fall over. Make sure the steel protective cap is ALWAYS on protecting the valve and you'll be just fine.

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: limeoctave, outrider567, Praestat_Mori and 3 others
Justnotme

Justnotme

I want to hang myself
Mar 7, 2022
Welder here. I work with cylinders like this every day. Have one in my garage right now. I use argon though as nitrogen has no use in welding. But the tanks are exactly the same. I have NEVER ever seen a brand new tank. Just as you've likely NEVER seen a brand new tank on a propane grill. All tanks are exchanged always. Difference between industrial tanks and retail propane is they don't repaint the tank for industrial uses. Propane grill tanks get re-painted so they appear nicer for stupid customers. These high pressure cylinders are INCREDIBLY SAFE. Not even kidding, that steel is roughly an inch thick. These things are transported down the road and on the highway everyday! They are designed to withstand car accidents. Their ONLY weak spot is the valve. Which is usually protected by a screw on steel cap. I can't see cause your photo doesn't show the whole tank. You should also know that the weak point, the valve, is inspected upon each refill. So you can be sure it's safe. I see you have a strap on the tank but don't have it strapped to anything? The gold standard of safety with these things is to stand it up against something then strap it to that thing so that your tank can not fall over. What also works is stacking things around it so that it can not fall over. Or just lay it down on the ground so that it can not fall over. Make sure the steel protective cap is ALWAYS on protecting the valve and you'll be just fine.
Hi! Thank you for your message!
They brought me a cylinder WITHOUT a protective cap. I do not know why he is not here.
I'm afraid to open the label, which closes the valve instead of the cap.

I can take a photo of the valve, but I'm just afraid to cut off the paper that closes the valve

I have the tie straps tied tightly to a beam in the closet. I was checking if the cylinder was standing firmly when I tilted it. The straps hold it very well.

Attachments

• IMG_20231229_173335.jpg
    IMG_20231229_173335.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20231229_173328.jpg
    IMG_20231229_173328.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Reactions: rozeske
T

tabletop

Student
Oct 8, 2019
Hmm that's very interesting no cap. Whatevs. Like you said you have it strapped very well. Without a cap that valve (while the weak point) is still very sturdy. You'd at least need a hammer to knock it off and even then idk if you really could. It's just that's the only part not designed to withstand a crash on the highway without the cap. Not that it's delicate, cause it isnt.
The part that is threaded below the valve, like three or 4 inches around. That's where the cap screws onto. I found online (I don't think we can post sources) there are websites that sell just caps if you want. There's different threads though. I can't say which one you should buy. But I saw measurements in diameter and in threads per inch. Just don't go hitting the valve or dropping the tank and you're perfectly safe.
You could always ask who you got the tank from if they could sell you a cap.

Last edited:
  • Love
Justnotme

Justnotme

I want to hang myself
Mar 7, 2022
Hmm that's very interesting no cap. Whatevs. Like you said you have it strapped very well. Without a cap that valve (while the weak point) is still very sturdy. You'd at least need a hammer to knock it off and even then idk if you really could. It's just that's the only part not designed to withstand a crash on the highway without the cap. Not that it's delicate, cause it isnt.
The part that is threaded below the valve, like three or 4 inches around. That's where the cap screws onto. I found online (I don't think we can post sources) there are websites that sell just caps if you want. There's different threads though. I can't say which one you should buy. But I saw measurements in diameter and in threads per inch. Just don't go hitting the valve or dropping the tank and you're perfectly safe.
You could always ask who you got the tank from if they could sell you a cap.
I watched videos that said that suppliers sometimes fill the cylinder with more than the cylinder can hold. Because of this, tragedies happen.

Tell me, please, do I need to buy a nitrogen pressure gauge urgently to check the pressure of nitrogen inside my cylinder?
Isn't that the only way I can check?

Mare Imbrium

Mare Imbrium

Dec 10, 2020
Yes, you can only check with pressure reducer.
The filling is often too low not too high.

If you want to get rid of the gas, you can slowly let it off - outdoors with pressure reducer.

Last edited:
Justnotme

Justnotme

I want to hang myself
Mar 7, 2022
Yes, you can only check with pressure reducer.
The filling is often too low not too high.

If you want to get rid of the gas, you can slowly let it off - outdoors with pressure reducer.
I ordered my top hat in Russia. As far as I understand, cheating is not so rare in our country and unscrupulous suppliers can be found.
Suppliers can write on the cylinder's passport that it has been inspected, but in fact the supplier might not even check it before selling

And I read the stories of those who were sold gas under even more pressure than necessary

I can ONLY open the cylinder valve after I attach the rotameter, right?

Sorry for the questions
I used to study this method, but I forgot everything. And now I'm back with him again

Mare Imbrium

Mare Imbrium

Dec 10, 2020
How much Liter are in the bottle?

You should open the valve after Installation of reducer.

You can take down the paper from the valve.

Last edited:
Justnotme

Justnotme

I want to hang myself
Mar 7, 2022

I have a 10 liter cylinder. The cylinder has an operating pressure of 150 atmospheres. That is, there should be 1,500 liters of nitrogen in it

Please tell me, what do you mean when you say the word "valve"? Can you draw a pencil around this valve in the photo?

Because I don't speak English and I use a translator. I may misunderstand what it is about.

Reactions: Mare Imbrium
Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
I watched videos that said that suppliers sometimes fill the cylinder with more than the cylinder can hold. Because of this, tragedies happen.

Tell me, please, do I need to buy a nitrogen pressure gauge urgently to check the pressure of nitrogen inside my cylinder?
Isn't that the only way I can check?
You've gone from worrying about the cylinder being damaged to now worrying about whether the seller put too much gas in? Honestly, I think that you are over-thinking this. If you are going using a gas regulator (with a flowmeter), then there will be a pressure guage on the regulator.

Just store it safely in a dry place and it will be fine, no need to worry.

• Aww..
Justnotme

Justnotme

I want to hang myself
Mar 7, 2022
You've gone from worrying about the cylinder being damaged to now worrying about whether the seller put too much gas in? Honestly, I think that you are over-thinking this. If you are going using a gas regulator (with a flowmeter), then there will be a pressure guage on the regulator.

Just store it safely in a dry place and it will be fine, no need to worry.
So the thing is, there's a connection in this. Suppose the supplier filled the cylinder more than necessary. The pressure in the cylinder will be higher than the permissible one. Hence the rupture of the cylinder and the transformation of the cylinder "into a rocket".
My fears did not arise from emptiness, but from the fact that I read reviews of people buying cylinders, I watched various videos related to gas welding, which described possible dangers

I don't want to look like a person who annoys others in this beautiful hideaway where everyone understands each other.

But yeah, damn, I'm worried because the fucking brain can't just shut me off from "living" here.

Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
So the thing is, there's a connection in this. Suppose the supplier filled the cylinder more than necessary. The pressure in the cylinder will be higher than the permissible one. Hence the rupture of the cylinder and the transformation of the cylinder "into a rocket".
Cylinders come with pressure-relief devices built in to avoid too high a pressure.
Here's a piece I came across online:
Screenshot 20231229 194159

That piece was from here, if you want to read it in full.

PiddyPitbull

PiddyPitbull

Been wanting out since 1990(something).
Dec 29, 2023
PLEASE READ before attempting this method.

This is a lengthy read and if you want the short version..."trust me, you dont want to go through this...it is not hell...not peaceful".

Hey there, i literally rushed to make a profile because i saw your post and wanted to chime in.

And apologies if i say something that i shouldn't, meaning, i dont know all the rules yet but seeing post after post with abbreviations up the wahzoo(whatever the fuck a wahzoo is) and a definite lack of certain words that i would expect to see on a site/forum such as this...i dont know what the "no, no's" are quite yet.

I will share my experience with a huge filled Nitrogen tank. By the way i royally suck at summarizing, so bare with me.

A couple years after my first strong attempt to disappear from this life, i decided to do some research because i definitely didnt want to fail again but also i didnt want to suffer, be in the ICU on life support and then have to deal with a lengthy recovery all over again.

This time i was aiming for quick, easy, soft, gentle and to drift away and i kept reading other sites and people who kept saying Nitrogen is the way to go, yet no one had provided any experiences- just what they have read and researched themselves.

So anyways, i read a lot more "positives than negatives" post after post after post.

Needless to say i went to a welding shop and rented a tank of Nitrogen.

This tank was a biggy, unfortunately i cannot recall the exact size but standing it up, it came to about my upper chest, maybe more, and i am 6' 1". Anyways, it costed about $30ish give or take.

Went into the store, told them my boss wanted me to come pick up a tank of Nitrogen for welding and there wasnt much else to it, took about 5ish min.

You see, i told you suck at summarizing....ok, to the point.

I crammed the tank into my crappy Toyota Camry and drove around looking for a quiet place.

I locked all the doors, disconnected the locking mechanisms inside each door, taped and carefully covered all of the vents, possible gaps, etc etc etc. Basically was trying to make it as airtight as i could while also making it a huge pain in the ass to escape.

I was ready.

I cranked the valve open and was immediately met with a deafening sound of the immense pressure trying to escape the tank and how cold it got inside the car.

I then reclined my seat and stuck my head about 1'-2' away from the howling tank and i just tried focusing on relaxing (as much as i could), big slow deep breaths and was excitedly and anxiously awaiting sleepy time and for things to slow down, come into focus, be at peace and to be no more.

Well obviously since i am sharing this, it didnt quite work out that way. Everything i mentioned and experienced was accurate to the T...everything except i never got to experience the calming, slowing down and drifting away that i have read sooo much about and was told and "guaranteed" that that is how it's going to go.

No.....uhh uhh...quite the opposite in fact. I stayed in my sealed up Camry for.... about 20ish+ minutes and it royally sucked. The exact feeling/sensation that i experienced was a very slow onset of feeling out of breath and then panic, sucking, gasping for air, body and arms flailing about.

No matter how head strong and dedicated i was, i couldnt compete with this damn body's will to live (that fucker).

Yes i probably should've zip tied my hands to the steering wheel but am glad....in a way that i didnt. Not glad because i am still alive, but glad that i didnt have to go out in a complete freak out overstressed panic of suffering.

So...after further research i learned that i should have learned more about the process and after reading actual science research and how this way to go is very much NOT a walk in the park and how the body reacts to too much or too little of certain gasses that enter the system, etc etc.

So, it is obviously in your hands and your call. But i knew that i had to make a profile on here and reply asap with my experience and the myth of a calming way to go. I just dont want you to have to go through that, especially when it's your last moments.

Sorry for the huge comment, but i did give a fair warning that i am no editor.

Good luck and am interested to hear where you go from here.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: iusedtobehappy, rozeske and Justnotme
Justnotme

Justnotme

I want to hang myself
Mar 7, 2022
PLEASE READ before attempting this method.

This is a lengthy read and if you want the short version..."trust me, you dont want to go through this...it is not hell...not peaceful".

Hey there, i literally rushed to make a profile because i saw your post and wanted to chime in.

And apologies if i say something that i shouldn't, meaning, i dont know all the rules yet but seeing post after post with abbreviations up the wahzoo(whatever the fuck a wahzoo is) and a definite lack of certain words that i would expect to see on a site/forum such as this...i dont know what the "no, no's" are quite yet.

I will share my experience with a huge filled Nitrogen tank. By the way i royally suck at summarizing, so bare with me.

A couple years after my first strong attempt to disappear from this life, i decided to do some research because i definitely didnt want to fail again but also i didnt want to suffer, be in the ICU on life support and then have to deal with a lengthy recovery all over again.

This time i was aiming for quick, easy, soft, gentle and to drift away and i kept reading other sites and people who kept saying Nitrogen is the way to go, yet no one had provided any experiences- just what they have read and researched themselves.

So anyways, i read a lot more "positives than negatives" post after post after post.

Needless to say i went to a welding shop and rented a tank of Nitrogen.

This tank was a biggy, unfortunately i cannot recall the exact size but standing it up, it came to about my upper chest, maybe more, and i am 6' 1". Anyways, it costed about $30ish give or take.

Went into the store, told them my boss wanted me to come pick up a tank of Nitrogen for welding and there wasnt much else to it, took about 5ish min.

You see, i told you suck at summarizing....ok, to the point.

I crammed the tank into my crappy Toyota Camry and drove around looking for a quiet place.

I locked all the doors, disconnected the locking mechanisms inside each door, taped and carefully covered all of the vents, possible gaps, etc etc etc. Basically was trying to make it as airtight as i could while also making it a huge pain in the ass to escape.

I was ready.

I cranked the valve open and was immediately met with a deafening sound of the immense pressure trying to escape the tank and how cold it got inside the car.

I then reclined my seat and stuck my head about 1'-2' away from the howling tank and i just tried focusing on relaxing (as much as i could), big slow deep breaths and was excitedly and anxiously awaiting sleepy time and for things to slow down, come into focus, be at peace and to be no more.

Well obviously since i am sharing this, it didnt quite work out that way. Everything i mentioned and experienced was accurate to the T...everything except i never got to experience the calming, slowing down and drifting away that i have read sooo much about and was told and "guaranteed" that that is how it's going to go.

No.....uhh uhh...quite the opposite in fact. I stayed in my sealed up Camry for.... about 20ish+ minutes and it royally sucked. The exact feeling/sensation that i experienced was a very slow onset of feeling out of breath and then panic, sucking, gasping for air, body and arms flailing about.

No matter how head strong and dedicated i was, i couldnt compete with this damn body's will to live (that fucker).

Yes i probably should've zip tied my hands to the steering wheel but am glad....in a way that i didnt. Not glad because i am still alive, but glad that i didnt have to go out in a complete freak out overstressed panic of suffering.

So...after further research i learned that i should have learned more about the process and after reading actual science research and how this way to go is very much NOT a walk in the park and how the body reacts to too much or too little of certain gasses that enter the system, etc etc.

So, it is obviously in your hands and your call. But i knew that i had to make a profile on here and reply asap with my experience and the myth of a calming way to go. I just dont want you to have to go through that, especially when it's your last moments.

Sorry for the huge comment, but i did give a fair warning that i am no editor.

Good luck and am interested to hear where you go from here.
I definitely believe that this method can be peaceful. Nobody opens the cylinder in the car. You should have put a bag over your head. The area of the car is much larger. You couldn't make the right nitrogen concentration in a car like this without putting something on your head.

I do not know where you found articles that inhaling inert gas is painful.
I have also read scientific articles and stories from people who have tried to breathe an inert gas.
If the gas is clean, then loss of consciousness occurs quickly
If the inert gas is strongly mixed with oxygen, then you will feel shortness of breath.
Shortness of breath happened to you because of the poor concentration of nitrogen and oxygen in your car

Reactions: limeoctave, Glandular, rozeske and 1 other person
Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023

I was ready.

Appreciate your concern for the OP, but your method was always unlikely to work. Here's a post from yesterday where I alluded to the method you tried:

Inert gas is a peaceful and painless method, but opening cylinders in your car probably wouldn't work. It's probably not enclosed enough for the nitrogen from one or two cylinders to replace all of the O2. Plus, for it to be peaceful, you'd need the Nitrogen to purge out any CO2 you exhale; you'd have to open a window for that, thus allowing oxygen to enter.
Nitrogen has been used to ctb in cars, but with a mask, or plastic bag.

If you've got the money, and decide to go with the inert gas method, it's probably best to buy a cylinder and regulator (to control the gas flow). Then either use an exit bag/hood/SCBA or SCUBA mask with regulator.( though some people talk about methods using just inert gas inhaled from a balloon, while in a bath of water, passing out into the water).

See the inert gas megathread:
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/exit-bag-and-inert-gas-megathread.8393/

Reactions: rozeske