• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Maravillosa

Maravillosa

Господи помилуй — мир в Україні!
Sep 7, 2018
I am not Australian, but these newspaper articles intrigued me. I think that attempting to have zero ctbs in an entire country is a fool's errand. Prime Minister Scott Morrison is a devout Christian and thoroughly pro-life regarding ctb. I think Christine Morgan has a huge task ahead of her.

An excerpt from the Guardian article:

Morgan tells Guardian Australia's politics podcast the mental health system was "birthed" from general healthcare, and its medicalised models. Medicalised models can deal brilliantly with lumps and bumps but don't necessarily respond effectively to the complexities of illnesses of behaviour, thoughts and feelings. When people become very ill, they also lose the language to communicate their illness.

Two challenging questions then suggest themselves. The first is linked directly to Morgan's current commission about suicide prevention. Does Australia's mental health system, despite the best of intentions, perversely increase the risks that an ill person will engage in self-harm, or try to end their own life, because the system doesn't respond to their needs, and sometimes will only respond swiftly if a medical emergency forces the issue? The second question is broader: are the deficiencies of a sufficient order of magnitude to warrant redesigning the system from scratch?

What do you think?

Baskol1

Baskol1

No life, no problems
Aug 11, 2019
I am not Australian, but these newspaper articles intrigued me. I think that attempting to have zero ctbs in an entire country is a fool's errand. Prime Minister Scott Morrison is a devout Christian and thoroughly pro-life regarding ctb. I think Christine Morgan has a huge task ahead of her.

An excerpt from the Guardian article:

What do you think?

I think suicide prevention is good, im not pro suicide, but pro choice. And if it is rightly done, then this is a good thing. But if its just fighting the symptoms it is completely useless, and will just increase the time people staying in psychiatric hospital. So it all depends how it is done. It is important hat the mentally ill dont lose to many rights.

Reactions: EmptySteph62
SelfHatingAspie

SelfHatingAspie

Ambitious but rubbish
Jul 2, 2019
I can't take that happy clapper PM seriously. Especially since learning that he shat himself at a McDonalds in 1997.

Reactions: Frank and Baskol1
E

EmptySteph62

Student
Aug 4, 2019
I think everyone should have the right to choose whether they live or die. That being said I think it would be amazing if there was something like this that could help people who want help and to help people who aren't quite on the edge of ctb yet.
I think we need to focus more on helping people who want to be helped and suicide prevention is important. However again, if someone has made the choice to ctb that should be their choice and should be respected as such.
I think suicide prevention is good, im not pro suicide, but pro choice. And if it is rightly done, then this is a good thing. But if its just fighting the symptoms it is completely useless, and will just increase the time people staying in psychiatric hospital. So it all depends how it is done. It is important hat the mentally ill dont lose to many rights.
Yes exactly!

Last edited:
Reactions: Frank and Baskol1