• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

X

xaea13

Student
Jul 13, 2020
Sorry if I'm thread spamming at this point (my 2nd thread asking about jumping heights, I made a similar thread a few weeks ago about a different height), but I'm considering jumping as one of my ctb options, and as of now the best I have is a 56 meter (183.7 ft) jump onto a concrete landing. Is this sufficient height for a high probability of ctb (the sources I've seen differ on this, the megathread here says 100m is the minimum while lostallhope says 150ft should be 95-98% successful)?

If so, what is the best way to jump and cause enough impact to the head? Some of the jumping ctb's caught on tape show them falling backwards (like the infamous Kermit suit guy). Is that really an effective way to jump, or would it lead to a prolonged/unsuccessful attempt by distributing the force evenly throughout my body?

• Hugs
Reactions: tryingtoescape and _Minsk
C

Checkout2

Jun 25, 2020
I can't reply to your question with much insight, but what I have learned is that to dive head first is more reliable

lostangel

lostangel

Enlightened
Mar 22, 2019
Perhaps if you dive head first you will most likely fall on your head. Just don't fall on your legs that will absorb the impact. If you land back first I'd imagine it still would be fatal. Best of luck.

Theregoesthatidea

Theregoesthatidea

ಥ﹏ಥ
Jul 7, 2020
Arching your back forward or backward would tilt your body horizontal to the ground i believe. I'm no aeronautics expert but i think this shape would lend itself to a belly flop. Let's see if i can illustrate here.

===) |
______________________ |

Do you guys see what i'm getting at here?

Belit667

Belit667

Experienced
Aug 2, 2020
Crap method. Try SN.

Reactions: LetzteAusfahrt

2theunknown

Jul 17, 2020
I would recommend using another method as well; maybe use a shotgun (if you have access) or like the above post try SN.

Reactions: LetzteAusfahrt and Belit667
B

blah2323

Aug 1, 2020
Crap method. Try SN.
Different strokes for different folks. People have been killing themselves by jumping as long as there have been people. Hardly a 'crap method' if done correctly, though the OP may want to find a higher location.

Reactions: thethatsitboy
Belit667

Belit667

Experienced
Aug 2, 2020
Different strokes for different folks. People have been killing themselves by jumping as long as there have been people. Hardly a 'crap method' if done correctly, though the OP may want to find a higher location.

Unless they crush some passer-by. Or jumping in front of running train, traumatizing the driver, etc.
I say: f*ck this sh*t.

Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
46 meters is given as the recommended lower height for concrete so this should work fine. I would personally allow yourself to tilt forwards or backwards as you jump; you don't need to land head first as the momentum from the fall will throw your entire body, likely including the head, into the ground on impact. This is likely to be a very fatal jump.

Reactions: Toobrokentofix
X

xaea13

Student
Jul 13, 2020
Unless they crush some passer-by. Or jumping in front of running train, traumatizing the driver, etc.
I say: f*ck this sh*t.
This is why I would only ctb by jumping when there's no one around (like 5AM on a weekend in an abandoned building). The only thing worse IMO than attempting a ctb and failing is attempting a ctb and injuring someone else.
What height would you recommend? This is the highest location I could find that is accessible and relatively quiet (so there aren't people nearby).
46 meters is given as the recommended lower height for concrete so this should work fine. I would personally allow yourself to tilt forwards or backwards as you jump; you don't need to land head first as the momentum from the fall will throw your entire body, likely including the head, into the ground on impact. This is likely to be a very fatal jump.
Good point. I'm too lazy (and busy) atm to do the calculations for this rn but I wonder how much my head would decelerate before hitting the ground (if my back hits first and then the head). This is a physics problem waiting to be written :D

Reactions: Belit667