AlePizarnik

AlePizarnik

Nov 8, 2018
Some pic I found that mentions 50 reasons "not" to kill yourself. Some of these I do agree with and others are just plain stupid really

View attachment 14490

I'd figure I'd share this for you guys to see how some people are at least trying to help us but at the same time are not. I don't know what do you guys think?
What if I have no family and no friends and live in wage slavery and nothing could possibly compensate it?

Reactions: Kjo and ImSorryEmma
C

Codieb1

Student
Jun 18, 2019
did you seriously take the time to reply to everyone of the numbers ... I got too 3 before I was bored and brain switched off!
No offence meant btw!
Yep. Well, all except 43 and 44. Because I couldn't find them. Point is, yeah the whole thing is dumb and says a lot about the person who wrote it, and not much else

Reactions: Kjo, Death_is_Escape, Lennox and 1 other person
Halo13

Halo13

Wizard
May 9, 2019
#1 and 2 don't even apply to me as I have no one left. Can't destroy a dead family. #41 "All your scars will heal." is stupid - I have big scars that needed stitches and people have asked for years in public if I tried to kill myself, including yesterday. Kinda funny about the smell of pine needles, though.
Lol #6 "I won't fear the millennium." Wow, that's old. Y2K did scare people though, haha.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Circles, Kjo, Lennox and 1 other person
Saga

Saga

In my memories a smiling me doesn't exist
Jul 20, 2019
i read the first one..."It will destroy your family"...I was destroyed by family..i was destroyed by everyone who I thought "loved" me

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Kjo, Death_is_Escape, Lennox and 2 others
seekingoblivion

seekingoblivion

Arcanist
Dec 11, 2018
Lol #6 "I won't fear the millennium." Wow, that's old. Y2K did scare people though, haha.
Lol yeah we can go ahead and ignore that one. Though I would probably have found it seriously funny if this was 1999 lol

Reactions: Kjo, Lennox and Halo13
Cinnabun1112

Cinnabun1112

Complex PTSD, MDD, GAD/Panic Disorder
Aug 6, 2019
Like you said, some things are nice and others are just down right ignorant. At least in my opinion. Reading this gave me mixed emotions

• Love
Reactions: Kjo
DreamCatcher

DreamCatcher

Still searching
Jun 18, 2019
  • Love
Reactions: color_me_gone, 262653, Kjo and 2 others
D

Death_is_Escape

Student
Jul 26, 2019
I won't even bother reading the list to completion, I can tell it's just your usual ignorant platitudes from people that never went through the same shit.
l wonder if the author owns stock in Big Pharma? . . . .

Reactions: Kjo
Kjo

Kjo

Student
Jun 7, 2019
Ugh. So much ugh.
I know it's all good intention... just like my friends telling me I wouldn't be depressed if [insert something I already do here that doesn't cure depression]. I hope for some this list is true. I truly hope for everyone to find peace.

I traveled. I waited. I wanted to ctb since elementary and here I am only regretting I didn't do it sooner. Yeah it'll hurt the family, but it's hurting my family every day anyway. Maybe they can finally start healing. No passion. No idols. No dreams. Don't want to share "my story" or have a voice or a legacy. Will NEVER have kids. Ugh.

This list is like showing a diabetic the dessert menu and then asking why they're not ordering off it. Sure, sounds good, but just a reminder of what's killing you ultimately.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ultracheese, irrelevant_string, xXSarac3nSlay3rXx and 2 others
F

Fr2

Jun 15, 2019
Your life does matter, to you, and that's enough for it to be valuable, but not enough to outweigh some pains. Hell it is this exact value that pushes you to improve it, by death if nothing else is there to help. On the big picture your life might not be worth anything, and it will be treated like it's nothing, but it does matter.
Some things on this list have a trait of groundedness, of a neutral statement of a fact, and they only feel idiotic because they were put in this list. Like they were used to support a position that they don't give a shit about.
Like for example: "overcoming your obstacles". Yep such an action exists, yep you may succeed. Yes it feels good if it's something big. But what does it have to do with committing or not suicide?

Reactions: RedShoes, LMLN and irrelevant_string
LMLN

LMLN

Paragon
Aug 10, 2019
People making lists like this have good intentions. I was there once, but now I know better. I think every one of us has a breaking point. When everything on this list is meaningless, and brings no solace.
So yeah, they mean well, but not helpful. Just makes me feel worse.

• Love
Reactions: RedShoes
R

RedShoes

Aug 8, 2019
I won't even bother reading the list to completion, I can tell it's just your usual ignorant platitudes from people that never went through the same shit.

x100.